Windows 10: compressing "roaming" folder...is it safe to do so?

Discus and support compressing "roaming" folder...is it safe to do so? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i accidently compressed the roaming folder in app data file..was attempting to compress only one large folder. *Eek is it ok? or should I decompress it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pathfinder, Dec 23, 2016.

1. compressing "roaming" folder...is it safe to do so?

i accidently compressed the roaming folder in app data file..was attempting to compress only one large folder. *Eek is it ok? or should I decompress it

:)

Pathfinder, Dec 23, 2016

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Dec 23, 2016
  3. okinawa---01, Dec 23, 2016
  4. compressing "roaming" folder...is it safe to do so?

One man's opinion, decompress. I have a product, Quicken, and it writes in there every time I use it. I installed a Bluetooth speaker, it wrote there. Most products have a folder down this path but what they write seems to be program specific. Some don't seem to use it at all.

Caledon Ken, Dec 23, 2016
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    You will have little gains by compressing it. So, yes, you should uncompress it. Also if you used ntfs compression that folder will become a fragmentation fest when written to.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 23, 2016
  6. pepanee Win User
    *chuckle Gotta get the party started!

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

compressing "roaming" folder...is it safe to do so?

1. compressing "roaming" folder...is it safe to do so? - Similar Threads - compressing roaming folder

2. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  3. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  4. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to delete files in the appdata/roaming folder if I copied the files to an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete files in the appdata/roaming folder if I copied the files to an...: I installed a game onto my laptop a few months back and just played it recently, only to find the files and folders in the appdate/roaming folder just bit a large chunk out of my disk space the large amounts of space that Windows updates take up don't help either, especially...
  6. Roaming Folder

Roaming Folder: I just received my laptop today from a company that replaced the hard drive with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 version 21h2. While trying to move some data and apps to this computer from the spare computer I found that I do mot have a c:\users\username\roaming\...
  7. Roaming Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roaming Folder: I just received my laptop today from a company that replaced the hard drive with an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10 version 21h2. While trying to move some data and apps to this computer from the spare computer I found that I do mot have a c:\users\username\roaming\...
  8. Roaming Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. compressed folders

compressed folders: I keep getting a message that pops up that says:Compressed(zipped)Folders Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compressed-folders/f16c1d11-725e-4876-a8fc-1a6f2e9583c9"
  10. AppData Roaming folder

AppData Roaming folder: I have accidentally deleted my AppData folder and I can't recover it. I bought my laptop from UK and the windows and drivers were preinstalled in it. And I have not any disc form where I can redownload drivers or windows licensed version. what should I do even powershell is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it ok to compress appdata