Windows 10: Computer 28 gb of ram usage.

Discus and support Computer 28 gb of ram usage. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This happen when I installed windows 10. I never had in windows 8.1 ram usage of 28. Now with windows 10 after booting up computer I always have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lukas, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Lukas Win User

Computer 28 gb of ram usage.

This happen when I installed windows 10. I never had in windows 8.1 ram usage of 28. Now with windows 10 after booting up computer I always have problems with RAM.

In windows 8.1 my computer maximum used 16gb of ram when I was playing 2 games.
    In windows 10 - after boot, my computer within 4 minutes starts using 4 gb of ram. After 30 minutes he starts using 28 gb of ram out of 32. After cleaning msconfig, disabling all startup programs it still uses 28 gb of ram after using computer within 5-20 minutes. No programs are starting, after browsing with Microsoft edge, computer uses 28 gb of ram. Doesn't matter what I do it uses a lot of RAM. Even if computer not in use, it shows that he uses a lot of RAM.

Can't figure out what to do. I did clean windows 10 installation into my SSD. Still same usage. All drivers are UP to date. Task manager doesn't show who uses that kind of RAM.

How to solve this mystery? Should I downgrade to windows 8.1 or windows 7? *Sad

:)

Lukas, Aug 24, 2015

2. Startup Program called "usb" that wont deactivate.

Computer 28 gb of ram usage. [​IMG]

This makes no sense to me. I am also unable to disable it and have had large fluctuations in ram usage from 17% to 30% with just the operating system running and no installs or scans running. Recently been at 28% after every start though. I have 8 GB
    of ram and I know the system should not be using that much ram.

ColoHurley, Aug 24, 2015
  3. knute97 Win User
    Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Computer 28 gb of ram usage.

I had problems with ram too and this solved, open cmd with administrator rights and type: sfc /scannow

G0DofPaint, Aug 24, 2015
  5. Windows 10 is leveraging the memory better than 7 or 8.1. It greatly reduces disk activity. Memory is there to use, so it uses it. That's what lots of memory is for; else why have it?

Cbarnhorst, Aug 24, 2015
  6. That sounds off. Yes Windows 10 will leverage RAM but I have 6 GB of ram in my work computer and it uses only 3.7GB of that. And performance is actually really good. Maybe find and run process explorer and see where you usage is coming from.

My HTPC computer is using 3.4GB of 16GB of RAM (Just looked after I wrote my above comment). Any old software that needs to be updated causing high memory usage?

Still Recommend Process Explorer:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../bb896653.aspx

GamerwGlasses, Aug 24, 2015
  7. Lukas Win User
    Sure but why he makes my computer lagg then?

Didn't worked *Sad After restarting same thing.

Lukas, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Word Man Win User

Then where are you getting the information on your RAM usage? Are you saying Task Manager shows no processes using any RAM on the 2nd tab? If so, you have a pretty big problem.

You could have lag due to other factors besides RAM usage.

Word Man, Aug 24, 2015
  9. Lukas Win User
    Task managers shows no processes. I'll try Process Explorer and unpload a picture.
    Next thing, yes lag is same factor with RAM. When ram usage is low its not lagging, when RAM usage starts increasing and stays within 28 gb of ram computer mouse starts freezing every 2 seconds for 1 milisecond.

Lukas, Aug 24, 2015
  10. Boozad Win User
    Post a screenshot of Resource Monitor open on the RAM tab.

Boozad, Aug 24, 2015
  11. LMiller7 Win User
    We really need to see a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab showing memory information. This is usually the best place to start with memory problems. In many cases such problems are not caused by a process at all.

LMiller7, Aug 24, 2015
  12. Word Man Win User
    Is there not a More Details arrowhead to click at the lower left?

Word Man, Aug 24, 2015
  13. Lukas Win User

Well I don't know what happen, but now I can't reach same RAM usage after restarting computer and got new updates for windows 10. I think it's fixed. However I'll inform if something strange will appear again. I tried push limit with 2 games, and it don't reach same amount of ram usage. From now I'll keep watching my task manager if any huge ram usage would appear.

Thank you guys for help.
    I'll Mark this as Solved.

Lukas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer 28 gb of ram usage. - Similar Threads - Computer ram usage

2. 8 gb ram laptop idle 60% ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 gb ram laptop idle 60% ram usage: Subject: Complaint Regarding Excessive RAM Usage on Idle Laptop I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue I have been facing with my Samsung book 2 . The problem pertains to the excessive RAM usage that I have observed even...
  3. 8 gb ram laptop idle 60% ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8 gb ram laptop idle 60% ram usage: Subject: Complaint Regarding Excessive RAM Usage on Idle Laptop I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue I have been facing with my Samsung book 2 . The problem pertains to the excessive RAM usage that I have observed even...
  4. Computer is using 90% of RAM 48 GB total with few apps in use and the RAM usage sum does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is using 90% of RAM 48 GB total with few apps in use and the RAM usage sum does...: My PC is consuming 90% RAM and I don't know why.I only have a few browser tabs opened and some other applications that don't consume much memory.I'd say the code running on VS Code is not a problem too basic NestJS app, since this happened other times when I was only browsing...
  5. Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?: Checking the Performance of my 64 bit laptop with 16 gb of RAM through Task Manager, I watched the memory being used as I opened 8 tabs with various sites and files from my SSD. I could not get the RAM in use to go over 6.5 gb. Would this be an indication that for my use, I...
  6. Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does the usage of my 16 gb ram not go over 6.5 gb?: Checking the Performance of my 64 bit laptop with 16 gb of RAM through Task Manager, I watched the memory being used as I opened 8 tabs with various sites and files from my SSD. I could not get the RAM in use to go over 6.5 gb. Would this be an indication that for my use, I...
  7. Idle ram usage over 8 GB??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idle ram usage over 8 GB??: My few months old HP omen 15 2020 with 16gb ram, i7 10750H and 2060 geforce rtx scared me a lot this morning. The keyboard felt little laggy like it was using lot of ram so I opened the omen center and found out that the laptop is using 8,16 gb ram with no programs open??...
  8. 7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    7 GB of ram usage with no with applications running: My System • Windows 10 Home • 32GB ram • GTX 1050 ti GPU • MVNe m.2 system drive • 4 Sata drives 2-4tb • 6 USB drives 2-4tb System debloated and optimized for performance CPU near zero at idle. System is very responsive. Question: 7 GB of ram usage with no with applications...
  9. windows audio device manager graph isolation using 28 GB Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows audio device manager graph isolation using 28 GB Ram: so... windows audio device manager graph isolation is using 20% of my CPU and 28 GB of my Ram and I don't know why. It occasionally makes a windows error notification sound non-stop, so like a random noise every 10-60 seconds I started downloading python 3.8.2 right around...
  10. There is 2.4 GB of ghost RAM usage in my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There is 2.4 GB of ghost RAM usage in my laptop.: Dear Everyone, There is a problem inside my new Hp Pavilion cc-15 132Tx laptop. It is always showing 2.4 GB of extra RAM getting consumed! In fact, I am an avid Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge user. I also play R2 Games Wartune and League of Angels on my...