Windows 10: Computer appears offline everywhere while actually online

Discus and support Computer appears offline everywhere while actually online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My sons pc appears offline to others in every game, app etc. including FB, WOT, Xbox app, Minecraft. Apps and games functions normally online,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AvaruudenTarzan, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Computer appears offline everywhere while actually online

Hi,

My sons pc appears offline to others in every game, app etc. including FB, WOT, Xbox app, Minecraft. Apps and games functions normally online, only status appears offline to other users. Many community functions require online status, so this is quite frustrating. Help appreciated.

:)

AvaruudenTarzan, Nov 15, 2017

2. E72: MSN messenger problem

hi. i have downloaded ebuddy on my phone. but my acc always appear offline when i am actually online. i have checked my status, it is on 'online' mode. anyone encounter the same problem?

yiting91_milky, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Ma Goose Win User
    OUTLOOK PROBLEMS AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATES

After Window 10 installed a bunch of updates today (Dec 21 2015) my Outlook indicated that it was working offline. It loads, but I cannot switch it to online in the normal way. It will download message headers, then after a long wait it actually downloads
    the full messages, all the while still indicating that it is offline. It sends messages OK. Anybody know why I can't get it to indicate properly that it is working online? I tried the send/receive online/offline preferences toggle, but it will not go online
    this way. I have rebooted a couple of times - makes no difference. Outlook still works fine on my iPhone and iPad.

Ma Goose, Nov 15, 2017
  4. Computer appears offline everywhere while actually online

Morning AvaruudenTarzan. Welcome to the TenForums @AvaruudenTarzan

Did this just start recently?

Can you think back as to what changed just prior to that? (Product installs, hardware changes, router changes, Feature Updates)

Is your son's computer visible to your computer on Network (If it is using Public network setting the firewalls are set more aggressive. )

What AV product are you using? Have you checked firewall for a potential rule that is blocking ports used by game?

I assume the game has settings. Have you reviewed those?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 15, 2017
  5. Thank you Ken, and good afternoon!

I just yesterday build him new pc and istalled fresh win 10 pro 64 bit. He had existing MS account (phone), age 8 years. Problem started before I attached him as familymember.

No AV yet, just defender, nothing changed in settings. Problem exited from the start and everywhere i tested, from browser Facebook to independent game WOT as well as xbox app. We can send messages etc but he always appears to offline to others while on his pc everything works fine and is online.

Can't see his pc or add him to homegroup. We are in the same Network, but he is not directly attched to same adsl modem (modem - elecricity network - wifi). Other Computers using same wifi and it works normally.

I have been browsing through numerous settings but haven't found the one master switch. I might try another account and see if problem persists.

AT

AvaruudenTarzan, Nov 15, 2017
  6. Since he is using wifi please confirm his network is set to "private".

Start > Settings > Network and internet > Wifi in left column. Then clcik on the SSID you are using. It will either open a page with the type of network or you have to click on manage.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 15, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Either he has it set to hide that he is online for whatever he is doing, or he is set to be invisible. If he is connecting to the games and no problems, then I really would not worry so much about it. The big question is how old is your son.

bro67, Nov 16, 2017
  8. Computer appears offline everywhere while actually online

My son is 8 years old. I'm using windows family options to supervise and restrict web content, games and time.

Problem is, while he can connect games, he cannot form parties in minecraft or WOT because he appears offline.

How to set hide or invisible?

And yes, Ken, my networks wifi extension is set to private and it's well protected.

AvaruudenTarzan, Nov 16, 2017
  9. Okay, we are getting some terms mixed. Your Wifi has security and that security extends out to extension. You need a password to join. That has nothing to do with how the network is set on device. In either Public or Private mode your son would have to enter password/passphrase/key to wireless network to gain access.

If your son's device has the network set to public then the firewalls are set more aggressive. You said you can't see him on the network, you should be able to see all device inside the private network. (Now there are some window 10 networking issues which I assume you don't have.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 17, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    It is most likely the parental controls, which Windows sucks at. Use OpenDNS to control what the various devices can access through the choices. If he uses the same computer as the rest of the family, you do not have problems with your logon, could just be that you have his set too strict.

bro67, Nov 17, 2017
  11. Ok, I have cleared the issue at most parts. I'm still not exactly sure what was wrong, but after reconfiguring Network and parental controls (severalk times) the only problem that exits is with xbox-application. I can live with that.

Thanks for the help!

AvaruudenTarzan, Nov 17, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer appears offline everywhere while actually online

1. Computer appears offline everywhere while actually online - Similar Threads - Computer appears offline

2. Why do my friends show as offline when they are online and they are not appearing offline?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my friends show as offline when they are online and they are not appearing offline?: I am trying to play the game Grounded and when I try to invite friends while playing the game bought on steam it shows them as offline and won't let me invite them. They are not appearing offline on Xbox game bar and are in the game and for them it shows I am online but for...
  3. Why do my friends show as offline when they are online and they are not appearing offline?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my friends show as offline when they are online and they are not appearing offline?: I am trying to play the game Grounded and when I try to invite friends while playing the game bought on steam it shows them as offline and won't let me invite them. They are not appearing offline on Xbox game bar and are in the game and for them it shows I am online but for...
  4. Offline to Online - files safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline to Online - files safe?: Hi,I have 3 mybook external usb drives, 2 have always been connected to my main pc and one was connected to an older pc.I have now retired the older pc and tried to connect the mybook from that onto my main pc, I hear it bing when plugged in but it is not shown in explorer as...
  5. Offline to Online - files safe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Offline to Online - files safe?: Hi,I have 3 mybook external usb drives, 2 have always been connected to my main pc and one was connected to an older pc.I have now retired the older pc and tried to connect the mybook from that onto my main pc, I hear it bing when plugged in but it is not shown in explorer as...
  6. Xbox (Beta) friend appears offline but he is online

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox (Beta) friend appears offline but he is online: Hello. My friend and I have a problem in which he can see me online but I only see him offline in the Xbox (beta) app. We have no other friends in the list, we can even have audio chat or text chat normally but since I see him offline we can't play together. We are both...
  7. HP printer indicates it is offline while it is online

HP printer indicates it is offline while it is online: It is HP Office jet 8700 and it is connected to wifi. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-indicates-it-is-offline-while-it-is/5ff972a6-ca29-4b30-84ec-74566a0ac427
  8. Change printer offline to online

Change printer offline to online: How do I turn printer online from offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-printer-offline-to-online/0109d8d6-e909-4652-8532-14a6604f06d7
  9. How to change Offline to online

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Offline to online: How do I change offline to online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-offline-to-online/da6527fc-de53-4c17-a073-f8412c5cd2db
  10. Appear to be offline

in Browsers and Email
    Appear to be offline: I'm browsing using Edge, but when I click on an extension I wish to download I am informed that, "You appear to be offline" so am unable to continue. Would be grateful for any advise. Thank you. 121286