Windows 10: Computer beeping

Discus and support Computer beeping in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and now I find that after sitting for a while, my computer seems to lock up - the screen is black and will not come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hjleininger, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Computer beeping

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and now I find that after sitting for a while, my computer seems to lock up - the screen is black and will not come on, and the computer itself is beeping... Any suggestions as to what may be causing this????

:)

hjleininger, Jul 16, 2016

2. Upgraded to windows 10 -beeping sound

I have an HP all in one computer. I was surfing the web when it started to beep. The beeps were short and all the same length. A screen came up that said that I had a virus, that it would destroy my hard drive and that I should phone Microsoft at the no.
    on the screen. I turned off the computer, but when I turned it on the beeps resumed

beeping computer, Jul 16, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    turning on computer

Computers sometimes emit 'beeps' while they are booting. Each unique combination of beeps is called a beep code, and every beep code has a meaning. Your computer manufacturer's technical support can explain what your beep code means. Every manufacturer has
    their own set of beep codes.

BulldogXX, Jul 16, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Computer beeping

You can try to open the case and make sure everything is seated tightly ie. Cables, RAM, Video Card ...

topgundcp, Jul 16, 2016
  5. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer beeping

1. Computer beeping - Similar Threads - Computer beeping

2. Computer totally not powering one minute and making beeps codes the next.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer totally not powering one minute and making beeps codes the next.: My computer won,t power on with the hard drive and optical drive connected, however if I remove the drives and press power it on I get 3 long beeps and 2 shorts beeps. I tried resetting CMOS and reseating the RAM. The computer is a hp slimline 290-p0043w. I got it on april...
  3. Computer totally not powering one minute and making beeps codes the next.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer totally not powering one minute and making beeps codes the next.: My computer won,t power on with the hard drive and optical drive connected, however if I remove the drives and press power it on I get 3 long beeps and 2 shorts beeps. I tried resetting CMOS and reseating the RAM. The computer is a hp slimline 290-p0043w. I got it on april...
  4. My computer Getting Beep sound Continuasly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer Getting Beep sound Continuasly: Beep sound 5 times when i am opening and then it iscontinuas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-getting-beep-sound-continuasly/88e98095-bd56-40b6-bdf9-e4fbfc4a9018
  5. My computer Getting Beep sound Continuasly

My computer Getting Beep sound Continuasly: Beep sound 5 times when i am opening and then it iscontinuas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-getting-beep-sound-continuasly/88e98095-bd56-40b6-bdf9-e4fbfc4a9018
  6. No post, No beep, Fans spin on computer [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    No post, No beep, Fans spin on computer [Fix]: [IMG]In this article, we will show you what you can do if there is no post, no beep, but fans spin on a computer. According to the reports, when a user turns on his computer, the screen remains black but fans keep spinning. Also, there is no beep sound from the motherboard....
  7. Beeping when I switch on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping when I switch on my computer.: Hi, I have trouble when I turn on my computer. Every time I press the power button the computer starts beeping which is similar to a SOS beeping pattern. Could you guys please give me some advice for what I should do now? Thanks!...
  8. Beeping when I switch on my computer.

Beeping when I switch on my computer.: Hi, I have trouble when I turn on my computer. Every time I press the power button the computer starts beeping which is similar to a SOS beeping pattern. Could you guys please give me some advice for what I should do now? Thanks!...
  9. Computer Stuck at 0% battery and has stutters and beeps intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Stuck at 0% battery and has stutters and beeps intermittently: I need some help, Since Dec 17th my laptop has started having problems that weren't there before. At first the battery stopped charging and was stuck at 29% along with the entire laptop shutting off when unplugged from the charger. I have disconnected and reconnected the...
  10. Computer Stuck at 0% battery and has stutters and beeps intermittently

Computer Stuck at 0% battery and has stutters and beeps intermittently: I need some help, Since Dec 17th my laptop has started having problems that weren't there before. At first the battery stopped charging and was stuck at 29% along with the entire laptop shutting off when unplugged from the charger. I have disconnected and reconnected the...