Windows 10: Computer black screen after Windows Defender cleanup

Discus and support Computer black screen after Windows Defender cleanup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Laptop owner said he ran Windows Defender and it cleaned up something (I don't know what). Now it boots to a black screen. I looked at Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ztruker, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Ztruker Win User

Computer black screen after Windows Defender cleanup

Laptop owner said he ran Windows Defender and it cleaned up something (I don't know what). Now it boots to a black screen.

I looked at Disk Management and it's not right:

Computer black screen after Windows Defender cleanup [​IMG]

I don't see any marked as System. How do I fix this?

:)

Ztruker, Oct 18, 2017
  2. David Haz Win User

New Laptop, Black Screen on Start-up

It could be that a third-party antivirus application is causing this black screen after signing in to Windows. Some third-party antivirus software have been known to cause black screens. May we know if there are third-party antivirus applications installed
    on your computer? If there are, try to update the application. After updating it, restart your computer and see if it still exhibits a black screen after signing in. If the black screen still shows up after updating your antivirus application, attempt to remove
    the application. Removing it won't leave your PC unprotected, because Windows Defender will start if no other antivirus software is running.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Kayble Win User
    Windows 10 wont start, after successful install?

So it started
    here

I disabled Windows Defender and was able to completely install Windows 10 and my computer was working normally for a night, Windows 10 actually looked promising...

BUT in the morning I woke up to a black screen. Restarted a few times, and it is still a black screen after boot. Tried loading Windows Boot Manager, black screen. Not sure what to do.

Please help,

Thanks Dylan.

Kayble, Oct 18, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Boot to Macrium recovery and select other tasks / repair (or rebuild) boot.
    You can make Macrium recovery USB on other computer or use Kyhi's rescue disk.

Check for malware too.

AndreTen, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I tried Macrium before I posted this, it didn't help. I should have mentioned that, sorry.

I did fix this by using KYHI's Rescue WinPE disc then running the bootrec commands from a command prompt.

bootrec /rebuildbcd
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr

I think the first one did the trick but it now boots okay so I'm happy.

Ztruker, Oct 18, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    *Thumbs did you check what went wrong? What's in Windows defender logs..

AndreTen, Oct 19, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I don't have the laptop any more, gave it back after cleaning up a few things.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer black screen after Windows Defender cleanup - Similar Threads - Computer black screen

2. Windows defender black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender black screen.: I tried repair but it doesnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-black-screen/b82389ea-0509-48aa-b5a5-7f7f611824f3
  3. Windows defender black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender black screen.: I tried repair but it doesnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-black-screen/b82389ea-0509-48aa-b5a5-7f7f611824f3
  4. Black screen after c drive cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after c drive cleanup: Hcl all in one pc issue...black screenHello, please help me i recently got an hcl all in one pc from my friend for watching movies and stuff. The pc was running on windows 7 and i updated it to windows 10...afterwards i tried cleaning the c drive to get more space which i...
  5. Black screen after c drive cleanup

Black screen after c drive cleanup: Hcl all in one pc issue...black screenHello, please help me i recently got an hcl all in one pc from my friend for watching movies and stuff. The pc was running on windows 7 and i updated it to windows 10...afterwards i tried cleaning the c drive to get more space which i...
  6. Black screen after c drive cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup: So my pc has been having some problems lately and I googled what to do for them and one of the recommendations was to run risk cleanup. I went on my computer selected the drive C: and clicked to restart and do it. It’s been 4 hours and all it is is a loading circle in my...
  8. Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup: So my pc has been having some problems lately and I googled what to do for them and one of the recommendations was to run risk cleanup. I went on my computer selected the drive C: and clicked to restart and do it. It’s been 4 hours and all it is is a loading circle in my...
  9. Black screen after restarting for disk cleanup

10. Black Screen after Disc Cleanup - HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Disc Cleanup - HELP!!!!: I did a disc cleanup the way I always have and after that programs weren't loading correctly so I tried to restart and for an hour it said restarting with the circles going around. I shut everything down and waited about a half an hour, now when I turn the pc on, all i get is...