Windows 10: Computer boots missing ram

Discus and support Computer boots missing ram in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This has been going on for weeks. I'll go to bed with 32 gigs of ram, boot up the next day and my motherboard says the ram values have changed. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gettheclicker, May 23, 2018.

1. Computer boots missing ram

This has been going on for weeks. I'll go to bed with 32 gigs of ram, boot up the next day and my motherboard says the ram values have changed. Now only 24 gigs show up. I restart again and the missing ram is back again.

It doesn't BSOD, doesn't crash, doesn't act the slightest bit abnormal. Still plays games at the usual fps, there's no audio screech, nothing seems out of place. Everything is up to date.

Windows 10 Pro
    MSI 970A-G46
    AMD 8350 Black Edition
    32 gigs Kingston Hyper Xtreme 1600ddr3
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE

:)

gettheclicker, May 23, 2018

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 29, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Computer boots missing ram

1. Computer boots missing ram - Similar Threads - Computer boots missing

2. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  3. Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not Booting after Installing New RAM: Recently I wanted to replace my Corsair Vengeance, 4800mhz, Sodimm, DDR5 x2 16gb RAM sticks with the exact same sticks but x2 32gb RAM. After installing the two new RAM sticks the computer won't boot up. I press the power button, it lights up and nothing else happens. It...
  4. Some of my ram is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my ram is missing.: Hey I got on to my pc a few days ago and tried to load something and it did not work. I did a bit of research and I found out it's because i did not have the minimum ram requirement which was 8gb. I had 8gb but when I went to check it said I only have 7.84. I have tried...
  5. Some of my ram is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my ram is missing.: Hey I got on to my pc a few days ago and tried to load something and it did not work. I did a bit of research and I found out it's because i did not have the minimum ram requirement which was 8gb. I had 8gb but when I went to check it said I only have 7.84. I have tried...
  6. RAM booting problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM booting problem: I got my new memory today and every time I install them my Laptop can't boot. I'll get stuck on a black screen before the ASUS logo shows up. It also seems that pressing F2 doesn't bring me to BIOS like it usually does. I tried putting both in and just the one, it's the same...
  7. missing ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing ram: I recently bought an hp pavilion gaming laptop with 8gb of ddr4 ram, a ryzen 5 3550h cpu and a nvidia gtx 1050. As anybody would do I downloaded forza horizon 3 and booted up. Upon booting I received a warning saying that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements. So I...
  8. RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM: So I am running Win10 Home 64-bit. Recently noticed that of the 16gb ram installed (4x4) only 14gb shows up in windows. So I bought 2x8gb sticks to upgrade - now have 24gb (2x4 and 2x8) but again only 22gb is showing up in windows. I have cheeked the BIOS says that I...
  9. New RAM won’t boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New RAM won’t boot: I recently upgraded from 1x4gb to 2x4gb (different kits) and when i try to boot i just get a black screen. I have cleared the bios and tried different frequences. I have tried to restore windows through the advanced boot options. With one 4gb stick installed, it will boot...
  10. NTLDR Missing. Computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Support
    NTLDR Missing. Computer will not boot: The computer received the last Microsoft update a few days ago. After the finish and the last reboot, my screen when to Black. Upon trying to reboot, it would not. Tried a startup disk and after a while, the NTLDR message appeared. Have not been able to boot it since. My...