Windows 10: Computer boots then goes black/blue with cursor

Discus and support Computer boots then goes black/blue with cursor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue where my laptop (Lenovo y510p) boots, goes to password screen, then takes 5x longer to log in, and after 5 seconds on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jumpinbunny, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Computer boots then goes black/blue with cursor

Hi, I'm having an issue where my laptop (Lenovo y510p) boots, goes to password screen, then takes 5x longer to log in, and after 5 seconds on the desktop, screen turns blue, but I can still use cursor. I can not use ctrl+alt+delete (the menus items appear but I can't open task manager).

If I'm fast enough I can open up a program, such as a game or .exe and everything runs fine (I mean I can play the game in full screen but if I close it all I see is the blue screen with cursor).

I've tried the bios reset trick from this post: Solved: Re: Problems with Lenovo Ideapad y510p - Lenovo Community But no luck.

I also cant boot into safe mode at all. But I can access bios. I think I need to update my bios or reset them but I don't know how!

I hope someone has has some ideas thank you.

:)

Jumpinbunny, Dec 1, 2017
  2. GFlat Win User

Windows 10 June 2017 Update KB4022405 ISSUES

P.S. re: Cursor---When I boot from the Boot Media flash drive, I initially see a blinking white cursor at the top left of a black screen, but no cursor on the blue screen.

GFlat, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Computer boots into black screen with cursor

Hi Fernando,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please refer to the article on how to fix black screen thoroughly and check if the issue can be fixed. Ensure that you try all methods possible to eliminate the issue. The link is provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps. Reply to us the results if the black screen issues. We are happy to help you further.

Joy Kemprai, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Computer boots then goes black/blue with cursor

Sounds malicious :/ going to be difficult if you cant run anything. What happens when loading safemode? have you tried loading system restore from advance boot options?

kingtez1984, Dec 1, 2017
  5. It sounds like you were right. I reinstalled windows on a different hard drive and was able to boot up perfectly. Now I have no issues on this HDD and OS so it looks like it wasn't a bios problem.
    When I tried loading safe mode on the other drive it would just load into windows "normally" and get the blue screen.
    System restore also didn't work, I think there was an error of some kind.

Now im going to try scanning the old HDD to see if there was anything there, otherwise I'll just forget it.

Jumpinbunny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer boots then goes black/blue with cursor

1. Computer boots then goes black/blue with cursor - Similar Threads - Computer boots goes

2. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.: Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again...
  3. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.: Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again...
  4. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer goes black after a few minutes of inactive cursor then locks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes black after a few minutes of inactive cursor then locks: No matter how many settings I changed, my computer still goes black after 1-2 minutes of cursor inactivity!!! It then locks and goes to the screen asking me to unlock it. I tried setting all "power and sleep settings" to never, I also tried going into "additional power...
  6. Computer randomly goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer randomly goes black: My computer will randomly go black while in use. The computer completely shuts down but immediately turns back on but the screen does not come back on. I have to unplug it and plug it back in and when I turn it on after that it goes to the BIOS where it says: Boot failure...
  7. Black Screen with cursor and blue circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with cursor and blue circle: HI A couple of days ago, my pc stopped working correctly and now only boots to a black screen with a cursor and blue circle. I am unable to login and any attempt to get to the boot screen or other results in no change. I have used the Windows P keys and can change the...
  8. Windows 10 boots up, then the screen goes black (but mouse cursor ok)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots up, then the screen goes black (but mouse cursor ok): Quite peculiar indeed. This machine boots, I get the little circle dot progress icons, then at varying times, the desktop will turn completely black and blank, but the mouse cursor still works fine. Sometimes the desktop will load entirely and the screen goes out after a...
  9. Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor

in Windows 10 News
    Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor: [ATTACH]When you boot a computer, and all it shows is a black or blank screen with a blinking cursor (it may look like an underscore), […] This article Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Booting to black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...