Windows 10: Computer boots to another account

Discus and support Computer boots to another account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all,this just started yesterday.When I boot up or wake from sleep it shows my account and then an administrators account.Never did that before.I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by eore, Aug 23, 2017.

1. eore Win User

Computer boots to another account

Hi all,this just started yesterday.When I boot up or wake from sleep it shows my account and then an
    administrators account.Never did that before.I have a password for my account but it's set up not to ask.
    If I click on the other account it goes right to the desktop which I have never seen before.If I click on my account it asks for a password.I am really confused here.Help.

:)

2. Neither pin nor Microsoft account password access work on my ASUS F555L laptop after 5-10-2017

I understand that I could create another user account on another computer. My laptop boots up looking for my original Microsoft account name. How would I get it to look for a new account name?

David Ecker, Aug 23, 2017
  3. Computer saying to "Open with another account" How do I add another account?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• When do you get this pop up "Open with another account"?

Please refer to the following article and check if it helps you.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

[Applicable to Windows 10]

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 23, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, Aug 23, 2017
  5. eore Win User
    Will give it a try,thank-you.

6. werby Win User
    werby, Aug 23, 2017
  7. eore Win User
    Had to try a system restore and it worked so guess I am ok for now.Thank-you all for your help,Tony.

8. bro67 Win User

Make a backup of the drive in case something happens and causes worse issues.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer boots to another account - Similar Threads - Computer boots another

2. is there a way to boot a computer with another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to boot a computer with another computer: so recently my computer got corrupted and i dont have a usb or anything else but just a rusty laptop so I wanna ask if there is a way to actually boot my computer with just my laptop please help...
  3. is there a way to boot a computer with another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to boot a computer with another computer: so recently my computer got corrupted and i dont have a usb or anything else but just a rusty laptop so I wanna ask if there is a way to actually boot my computer with just my laptop please help...
  4. is there a way to boot a computer with another computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. One windows account altering another on a shared computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One windows account altering another on a shared computer?: So I have windows 10 and use my account for some business and some gaming My wife got a job working from home and decided to make another account and profile on my computer, which is totally, however because it’s for work she doesn’t need a bunch of gaming shortcuts on her...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one: Both of them are compatible with windows 10, the bootable one was a Core 2 Duo E8200, 2 GB of DDR2 800 MHZ ram, the one that won't boot is my main laptop Dell Latitude E6440 i5-4310M, 8GB of DDR3L 1600MHZ ram. Anyone have any idea? TIA submitted by /u/TheBoai [link]...
  7. my account is showing logged on to by another computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my account is showing logged on to by another computer: my account is showing logged onto another computer far from here but in my state, Montana. People have received messages on Fb from me I did not send. I have an IP address and general location of this "OTHER " logged on . Explorer will not let me reset until mid...
  8. Computer boots to a local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer boots to a local account: My computer with win10 works fine for about 2 weeks then suddenly it boots to a local account to which I can't get out of. I've tried a few of the suggestions on the net but none work. I have to keep reinstalling win10 as my only solution. Why does it do this? Win 7 never did...
  9. Moved drive to another computer - won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved drive to another computer - won't boot: Hi all, I am trying to move a drive with Windows 10 Pro x86 from a dell 755 to a 7010. Win10 boots fine when I put it in a 745, 755, or 780, but not the 7010. The 7010 is set for Legacy ACHI. All I get is a blue logo and the spinning circle dots. Does the same in safe mode....
  10. another boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    another boot problem: Acer laptop...Windows 10 Since installing Win 10 I have had the following issue: Boot with external power and the LT boots to show the Acer logo then goes to black screen and stays there....if I turn off external power it then continues to login window and all is...