Windows 10: Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen

Discus and support Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from the taskbar on my desktop. The upgrade was successful and I was able to use my computer normally. Today, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vanux, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Vanux Win User

Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from the taskbar on my desktop. The upgrade was successful and I was able to use my computer normally. Today, when I started my computer, a disk check was started. After a long time of being stuck at 10%, I force booted the computer off. Now, the computer boots past the Windows 10 logo and goes to a black screen with the cursor. This screen appears before the login screen does. I am able to move the mouse but that is the limit of my control. The mouse is also showing the little blue loading circle next to it blinking over and over.

:)

Vanux, Aug 11, 2015
  2. colebled Win User

Computer boots to black screen with normal cursor ; windows 10

If the computer is all the way off, I turn it on, get ASUS logo, and if I press delete or f2, it still goes to a black screen with cursor, nothing else.

If the computer is in sleep mode, I turn it on, just get black screen with cursor, nothing else.

I can turn on narrator mode with windows key+enter, show magnifying glass with windows key+plus sign, but can't open task manager with ctrl+shift+esc or do any other commands with keys other than the windows key.

I'm using Windows 10, on this computer?: https://jet.com/product/detail/24e1...MZPaQZGQSUSjW2OPmAkR4Ou6u4iUK99oj6BoCtinw_wcB

colebled, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Computer boots to black screen with normal cursor ; windows 10

Hi Cole,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "haven't made any changes other than download things", have you downloaded the software from the website?
    • When you say that "but I've had a security software downloaded", were the issue started after the security software update on the computer?
    • Are you able to perform the steps provided in the previous post?

If you are not able to suggest you to boot into safe mode and try to update all the drivers. Check if it helps.

First, I recommend you to download the ISO file of Windows 10 from below Microsoft Help Article and create a Media Installation Disk.

Download Windows 10

Then try to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Boot the Computer with the Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Start (or boot) your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

2. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so.

3. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click on Repair your computer
    to start the Windows Recovery Mode.

4. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click on
    Troubleshoot.

5. Click on Advanced Options.

6. Then on click on Startup Settings.

7. Click on Restart and choose
    Safe mode with Networking or Low resolution.

8. Then try to update the drivers.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the latest driver for display adapter in the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen

1. Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Computer boots Black

2. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  3. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  4. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hi ,When the computer boots up, before login there is a black screen with the cursor and it goes no further. I couldn't boot into safe mode due to a logonui.exe stack error. Other options explored such as resetting the PC did nothing.Thanks for reading, any ideas are greatly...
  5. Black screen with cursor before login

Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, I can't login to my laptop when i boot i end up with a black screen with cursor. I've tried everything from ctrl+alt+del and ctrl+shift+esc but nothing happened. Please help me, please...
  6. Black screen with cursor before login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor before login.: When powering on my laptop it only shows a black screen with the cursor after the logo. Ctrl+shift+esc as well as ctrl+alt+del does not do anything. Help please. submitted by /u/Van_3 [link] [comments]...
  7. Black Screen with cursor before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen with cursor before login screen: Title. Every time I boot up my pc, it begins with the motherboard loading screen thing as normal and then into a black screen with only my cursor visible. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn’t do anything so I don’t know what else to try. Manually shutting down my pc by holding the power...
  8. Black screen and cursor before login

Black screen and cursor before login: Yesterday my PC was updated to windows 10, I turned it off and the next day I turned it on it started up with the usual logos and start up sound, but the screen stays black and the cursor appears only when I kove the mouse. What do I do?...
  9. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10, but today i can't start the system. When the laptop is starting, before the login screen, we only see black screen with cursor. I can boot the computer in safe mode and works fine, but I don't know how to fix it, becasuse...
  10. Black screen with cursor before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor before login screen: Hello. I've got a problem with Windows 10 Pro 1803. *sarc It show only cursor on black screen with blinking busy blue cricle and hdd led. I tried to solve minor problems by doing in place upgrade but after that it won't show login screen. I have working Win10 on another...