Windows 10: Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A

Discus and support Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a bootable USB with Windows 10, and another hard-drive plugged in running Windows 7. I have used the W7 boot to save my personal files which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by piftsy, May 26, 2017.

1. piftsy Win User

Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A

I have a bootable USB with Windows 10, and another hard-drive plugged in running Windows 7. I have used the W7 boot to save my personal files which is lucky.

What I have tried:
    - Boot to safe mode, disable driver signature
    - Bootable USB -> "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=g:\windows" returns "Microsoft Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"
    - Registry replaced with backups

The SSD seems 'healthy'. Screenshot. CHKDSK passed but "failed to transfer log messages status 50". Are there logs I can locate manually on the troublesome drive and upload?

Any help would be appreciated, let me know if I can provide more information.

:)

piftsy, May 26, 2017
  2. SoapSoul Win User

BSOD during gaming

I got BSOD while playing games, the error message shows memory manager, after that I cannot boot into windows because of BSOD error 0xc000021a, I can only boot into it by selecting "disable driver signature enforcement" , what information I need to provide
    to get help?

SoapSoul, May 26, 2017
  3. BMFC27 Win User
    Cortana broken after an upgrade

System restore causes BSOD 0xc000021a. Can’t even boot safe mode

BMFC27, May 26, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

What is the K partition?

How much free space does each partition have? Not enough can cause quite some issues, at least 10-15% free space is recommended.

5. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and run the following commands:

1) winver
    View the windows version and build and post into the forum
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) chkdsk /scan
    (when chkdsk /scan completes right click on the top of the box > edit > select all > copy and paste into the forum)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-system-files

For logs:
    Use onedrive to post a share link to view the CBS and DISM logs.
    %windir%\Logs\CBS
    %windir%\Logs\DISM
    C:\Windows\Logs\Cbs\Cbs.log
    C:\Windows\Logs\Dism\Dism.log
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt and press Enter.

Bug Check 0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED - Windows 10 hardware dev
    Disable driver signature enforcement is something I have never done so if interested in this option please learn more about this option (pros, cons, pitfalls etc) before using it: How to fix error 0xc000021a in Windows 8 and 10
    or SOLVED 10

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A - Similar Threads - Computer boots BSOD

2. 0xc000021a Error Windows boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a Error Windows boot: hello everyone i have windows 10 computer but won't boot because 0xc000021a appear on screen. how can i fix it? sorry my bad english : i added screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  3. BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code: Recently on November 12 2019 I turned on my computer and it started just fine but then only a half hour after turning it on my computer suddenly went to the BSoD with the error code 0xc000021a and now it is stuck on this bsod I've tried all the recovery options it gives you...
  4. BSoD error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD error 0xc000021a: Hi, I just ran my windows 10 pc 3 days ago and I saw a blue screen with message as -'Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you' with error 0xc000021a. I've been trying a lot since 3 days to solve it...
  5. BSOD, error 0xc000021a

BSOD, error 0xc000021a: Attachment 146603 Attachment 146605 Attachment 146609 Hi, I have been struggling with error 0xc000021a for a while now and can not find a way to fix the issue. I tried using sfc /scannow, but all I get is a message saying: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  6. Computer won't boot, get error 0xc000021a

Computer won't boot, get error 0xc000021a: I went to use my computer this afternoon and it locked up and now I get "error 0X000021A" I have been unable to get it to boot into safe mode or anything else. It has an SSD and I have the original HD which I installed and the computer will boot to that. However it has...
  7. BSOD error 0xc000021a

BSOD error 0xc000021a: I kept my computer on over night and I accidentally hit the print screen button. I have a special program called 'Greenshot' so it overlays the screen with a grid region selector and lets you drag and save. I didn't drag and save so I left it like that over night. As soon...
  8. BSOD error 0xc000021a crash

BSOD error 0xc000021a crash: This morning, I needed to check my emails so tried booting up my laptop only for the BSOD saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info and then we will restart for you." I allow it to reach 100% but whenever it starts to...
  9. Cannot boot. Is error 0xc000021a unsolvable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot. Is error 0xc000021a unsolvable?: Hi I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and it was working fine for a few days but now whenever I try to boot it up I get BSOD with error code . I've tried the following 'fixes': System restore --- Runs for a few minutes and then says "Could not restore your...
  10. Can't boot. Is error 0xc000021a unsolvable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot. Is error 0xc000021a unsolvable?: Hi I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and it was working fine for a few days but now whenever I try to boot it up I get BSOD with error code . I've tried the following 'fixes': System restore --- Runs for a few minutes and then says "Could not restore...
Tags: