Windows 10: Computer can and can't see router

Discus and support Computer can and can't see router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. I was running my TalkTalk router successfully both wirelessly and hardwired. Occasionally I would go off-line for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XOWIG, Apr 14, 2016.

1. XOWIG Win User

Computer can and can't see router

I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. I was running my TalkTalk router successfully both wirelessly and hardwired. Occasionally I would go off-line for no reason. Leave it a few hours I was back. I complained and was given a new router. Plugged it in and it was seen by my phone and my brother-in-law's phone. Works perfectly with ethernet cable but not wifi. After much messing about a can see a list of the networks available to me. Mine is there. I try to connect and am told "unable to connect".
    It seems as if the wifi is working but there is no communication with the router. Tried using wifi analyzer and can see the router working. Using command prompt the computer lists the networks it can see. Mine's there.

Why does my wifi connection not work?

Thanks for any help

:)

XOWIG, Apr 14, 2016

2. This computer can see the WiFi router but no networked devices

The Results.txt file is at: OneDrive (Ihope).

I noticed in the command line responses to some of the commands a warning that no changes can be made to [something] while media is disconnected.

Following the procedure you gave, the network still claims in 'Network and Sharing' to be connected to the router but File Explorer cannot see the router or the other computers on the network.

JohnWoodgate, Apr 14, 2016
  3. This computer can see the WiFi router but no networked devices

First Reboot all devices at the same time

Please download this app (minitoolbox)
    Run it with "select all" checked
    Upload the output to one drive or any file sharing service
    Put a link to them in your next post

Please type each of these into an elevated command prompt after you have run the above and saved the file

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

NETSH winsock reset catalog

NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log

NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log

Exit

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 14, 2016
Thema:

Computer can and can't see router

1. Computer can and can't see router - Similar Threads - Computer can't router

2. My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router...: Hi friends, Can some help me with finding my wifi connection? All the devices in my home can connect to the new SSID connection except my laptop. I have Windows 10 and have used almost every tip I could get on the internet, including: - Updating driver - Enabling TCP IPv6...
  3. Can see router but can't connect

Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  4. I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne

I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne: My and my wife's machines are on version 1909 OS Build 18363.1016. Real simple problem: on our home network, my wife's machine can browse into my machine and see and change files. My machine can't even see hers. I went to this page: Share Files and Folders Over a Network...
  5. I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne

I Can't See Wife's Computer; Hers Can See MIne: My and my wife's machines are on version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). Real simple problem: on our home network, my wife's machine can browse into my machine and see and change files. My machine can't even see hers. I went to this page: Share Files and Folders Over a Network...
  6. Can't see computer in network

Can't see computer in network: My laptop and desktop are connected via crossover cable, I can ping and remote connect between them with a response, but for some reason they aren't showing up in the file explorer network...
  7. Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok

Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok: Having network problems. I cannot connect to my router(192.168.0.1). However I can ping the device ok. Any ideas would be appreciated. 105641
  8. Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Computer sees the router but there is no connection: Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer' This is a new computer, first set up. I am . I have a satellite modem connected to a router. This setup has always...
  9. One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First

One Computer Can't See The Other but the Second Can See the First: I have 2 Windows 10 desktops on the same router via Ethernet. My main computer (Frankenstein) does not see the second (Dracula) when I go ot Network in the file explorer but Dracula does see Frankenstein. If I run \\dracula from frankenstein, I see the shares and can access...
  10. Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router

Can't See 1st Router's USB When Connected to 2nd Router: First, here is my connection: I have 2 routers. The 1st one is from provider, and has USB Samba Share plugged. This router is the main one with IP 192.168.1.1. The 2nd one is in AP Mode, DHCP disabled. The IP is 192.168.1.150. Now, I have 3 PCs. 1 PC connected to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. see if computer can see router