Windows 10: Computer clock falling behind after power outage

Discus and support Computer clock falling behind after power outage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This morning, the power flickered. AGAIN. I got back on the computer and found that the computer's clock had reverted back to the time when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by allam447635, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Computer clock falling behind after power outage

This morning, the power flickered. AGAIN. I got back on the computer and found that the computer's clock had reverted back to the time when the computer was last woken up from sleep (which was 25 minutes before this happened). This often happens when the power goes out and is accompanied with a beeping noise from my computer when the power comes back. This doesn't happen every time the power goes out though.

:)

allam447635, Jan 16, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Computer clock falls behind

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the time displayed on your computer keeps falling behind is because of a corrupted user profile. For us to assist you, we suggest that you create another account with administrator privileges and check if the time doesn't fall
    behind. Here's an article that you can visit to see how to do it:
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, we recommend that you contact the OEM of your computer to check if there's an issue with your CMOS battery. You may refer to this article on how to contact the manufacturer of your computer:

Computer manufacturers' contact information

Let us know if you need further help with any Windows issue.

Paolo Mag, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Computer clock falls behind

The clock on my computer keeps falling behind.

I've tried syncing it with time.windows.com under "internet time" in the settings.

I've tried going to "services.msc", to "Windows Time" and changing the start type to automatic and made sure that thing was running

I've scanned my computer for malware (With malwarebytes) and nothing came up.

ThorvaldJung, Jan 16, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

Computer clock falling behind after power outage

1) right click on the time in the right lower corner
    2) left click adjust time and date
    3) select: set time automatically
    4) on the right pane click additional date, time and regional settings
    5) left click on set time and date
    6) left click on internet time tab
    8) left click on change settings
    9) click on update now > ok
    10) open the website time.is
    Time.is - exact time, any time zone
    Compare computer time to time.is

Consider a new CMOS battery if there are any further problems with time keeping.

zbook, Jan 16, 2018
  5. I would suspect the RTC battery as well.

You don't provide your system specs but I'm guessing you have a desktop machine. If you have a voltmeter then you can measure the voltage of the coin battery that's located somewhere on the motherboard - it should be about 3V.

PolarNettles, Jan 16, 2018
  6. Yes, I am indeed using a desktop. This is one of those newer ones where the power supply and everything are all inside the monitor, NOT in a box below my desk.

allam447635, Jan 16, 2018
  7. All-in-ones usually have a coin battery as well but obviously it's much harder to access.

Do you see this time skip only after a power outage while your computer was still booted up? That is, if you shut down your computer, pull the plug, wait a few minutes, and plug it back in, do you see the correct time maintained?

PolarNettles, Jan 16, 2018
  8. Computer clock falling behind after power outage

Check to make sure you have the correct time zone selected.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 16, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer clock falling behind after power outage

1. Computer clock falling behind after power outage - Similar Threads - Computer clock falling

2. Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted: Hi Everyone.As mentioned in the title the clock of my Win10 machine is always 1 hour behind when I restart the computer, this is happening since I installed a tri-boot in my laptop, I am running Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio alongside Win10.I have already tried:Changing the server...
  3. Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted: Hi Everyone.As mentioned in the title the clock of my Win10 machine is always 1 hour behind when I restart the computer, this is happening since I installed a tri-boot in my laptop, I am running Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio alongside Win10.I have already tried:Changing the server...
  4. Clock falling 1-hour behind every time the PC restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer won't boot after momentary power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot after momentary power outage: I recently had a brief power outage while working on my Dell Optiplex GX520 desktop, which is fully up to date with Windows 10 and working fine for its age!. When I attempted to start the computer after the outage and got a low battery voltage message and the computer would...
  6. Time randomly falls behind, is fine for a while, then falls behind again.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time randomly falls behind, is fine for a while, then falls behind again.: I've tried basically everything at this point. My clock keeps rapidly falling behind sometimes, something like -0.1 seconds every 1 second. I'd restart, or put it to sleep & wake it up again, time's back to normal. Sometimes it stops falling behind, other times it gives me...
  7. system clock is behind

in Windows 10 Support
    system clock is behind: Hello friends! I have a computer where the system clock is like 5-10 min behind. My computer has no issue, and is the same Window disc that is used to installed but with diffrent KEY! What can cause this? WIN VERSION: 20H2 Build: 19042.746 173982
  8. Trouble after power outage

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trouble after power outage: Last night we has a short, flicker-type power outage. My computer and my DVR are the only things it shut down. When I turned my computer back on, I first got my lock screen, like normal, then when I clicked to get the sign-in screen, I got a blue screen where I had to sign...
  9. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  10. Computer Wont boot after power outage.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wont boot after power outage.: This is an odd one. So far I have tried using the following: built in system repair options for startup repair. sfc/scannow (found integrity issues and repaired them) dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (It said it found no errors) dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clock on computer is wrong after power otage