Windows 10: Computer closed while updating - now won't start

Discus and support Computer closed while updating - now won't start in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, our toddler closed the laptop while it was updating a program. Now when we turn on the computer, Windows starts up, then it goes into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Merrick, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Merrick Win User

Computer closed while updating - now won't start

Hello, our toddler closed the laptop while it was updating a program. Now when we turn on the computer, Windows starts up, then it goes into the animation with the little circles going in a circle with "Wait.." underneath. Problem is, this animation just keeps on going, nothing else happens. Does anyone have any tip on what we should do to try and make it start? We have alot of photos on the hard drive, would be sad if they were deleted. Thankful for any pointers!

:)

Merrick, Jul 31, 2015

2. Display issues

Didn't help Computer closed while updating - now won't start :(

start - now, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Display issues

Has anyone ever encountered such a problem?

The windows become small and the text is smeared each other..

Computer closed while updating - now won't start [​IMG]

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

start - now, Jul 31, 2015
  4. mrplt Win User

Try pressing F8 to see the Windows Boot options Just after the BIOS logo shows up and choose the one with "Last Known Good Configuration".

mrplt, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer closed while updating - now won't start - Similar Threads - Computer closed while

2. Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start: I was working fine yesterday then realized Onedrive personal was not running and only Onedrive Business was running, but not syncing all the files. In looking at my system tray it said I had an update to process. I am not sure if this update was Onedrive, but not sure it was...
  3. Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start: I was working fine yesterday then realized Onedrive personal was not running and only Onedrive Business was running, but not syncing all the files. In looking at my system tray it said I had an update to process. I am not sure if this update was Onedrive, but not sure it was...
  4. Onedrive Updated to 22.045.0227.0004 Now Won't Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update and computer won't start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and computer won't start: So i updated my Asus computer a few days ago maybe Thursday?? Yesterday i turned it ln and it worked fine more or less but there was some lag. I had to stop playing the game I'd wanted to play a few minutes in because of this. I turned it on today and it seemed to be...
  6. I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whatisthemoonidunno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxeii9/i_closed_my_laptop_while_it_was_updating_what_now/
  7. Laptop Starts Running While Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Starts Running While Closed: I'm currently a college student who moves around campus a lot, so naturally when I finish with class, I put my computer to sleep, close the lid, stow it, and walk to my next class or study spot. For the past year, I'll sometimes open my backpack to find my computer has...
  8. Calculator closing itself while starting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator closing itself while starting.: Hi, I have an issue with the Calculator app today, it's always closing while started. Before installing the cumulative updates last night, the app is working properly. Here is the event error log. General tab Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version:...
  9. Start Menu won't close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu won't close: It's been a week since I bought this computer, and the start menu won't close. I have all the latest updates, ran the start menu troubleshooter, sfc scan, nothing works. This is my first Windows laptop and I'm very disappointed, to be honest. I've spent all week downloading...
  10. Computer update, and now won't login.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer update, and now won't login.: My computer wanted me to update windows as it wasn't going to be supported in November. After some time the computer gave me the login screen, after several attempts to login i was given the message of User login attempt failed. What can i do to fix it?...