Windows 10: Computer complains about my user and password, have to login to verfiy

Discus and support Computer complains about my user and password, have to login to verfiy in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One message was did you change your password? I think this happens since I am logged into 2 different win10 PC as the same user email account. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Computer complains about my user and password, have to login to verfiy

One message was did you change your password?
    I think this happens since I am logged into 2 different win10 PC as the same user email account.

How can I either allow this, or how can I change the other win10 pc to a different Microsoft login?

:)

sdowney717, Nov 7, 2017

2. windows10 not able to sign in after screen saver lock

At my place of business my users are complaining that they are not able to login back to the computer after the screen saver kicks in. So this is what we noticed are the symptoms.

1. Multiple user are sharing a computer.

2. They all login with their own user name and password.

3. Once the screen saver activate the username that show on the screen is not able to unlock with their password

4. Only you can login using "other user" (then enter your user name and password) then you can resume your session (or reboot the computer).

My users are getting annoyed by the extra steps and some are getting confuse so they just turn the computer off and then on. We only see this on computers that are been share with multiple users. Has anyone has experienced this? and does this have a
    fix? this was not a problem on windows 7 that we know

Blackred04, Nov 7, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Help needed - Installation procedure when performing a clean install on New Hardware

This last build, I choose the windows updates rather than a fresh install. I have not seen it so simple to make a local user account - Perhaps Microsoft has listened to the users and simplified the making of the first account.

Before they made it difficult to actually make the first account a local account and tried to force you to use the Microsoft account login. Then the first five letters of the users email account became the user name, which many complain about as it appears
    on the login screen and many places throughout the computer. Can be a stop and think moment when doing paths.

If I use my email account to login to windows the first time my user account shows up everywhere as Micha . Everybody then when asking to use my computer, firsts is asking me who is Micha !

So I make the initial account name Mike, and later can convert the Mike user name to my Microsoft account if I want. Simple first time I log into mail or the store account as it will ask if i want to use this Microsoft login with all Microsoft logins
    for this computer.

Then I have two passwords too, which I like, a simple one to the computer that with the hint, my one and only daughter, will know instantly what the password is, should I drop dead.

'Mike P, Nov 7, 2017
  4. Computer complains about my user and password, have to login to verfiy

I log into multiple PC's with the same Microsoft account, no such issue. IMHO, something else is causing it. When and where do you get said message?

alphanumeric, Nov 7, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    It just doing a security check. Validate and message will go away.

cereberus, Nov 7, 2017
  6. Go to Settings > Accounts. Is there a "Verify your ID" or similar message in green on that page? I've already done it so its gone for me, and I don't remember the exact wording. I don't remember ever getting and pop up messages to do it, but that's likely because its one of the first things I do on a clean install.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer complains about my user and password, have to login to verfiy

1. Computer complains about my user and password, have to login to verfiy - Similar Threads - Computer complains user

2. OneDrive complains about Personal Vault name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive complains about Personal Vault name: There is an issue syncing a file from the OneDrive folder itself, and OneDrive is complaining about Personal Vault. When you try to rename your Personal Vault via OneDrive, you receive a message that “the renaming occurred with errors,” but the Personal Vault location does...
  3. unauthorized user login on my computer

unauthorized user login on my computer: My issue from the original post link below is not resolved. I would like to get live technical support to troubleshoot this...
  4. No way to complain about fraudulent app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No way to complain about fraudulent app: I downloaded from the Microsoft app store a free app called "Voice changer". The free version offered limited capability and I chose to pay £4.19 to upgrade. The upgraded version contained literally no new functionality except for a button which said I was now...
  5. No way to complain about fraudulent app

No way to complain about fraudulent app: I downloaded from the Microsoft app store a free app called "Voice changer". The free version offered limited capability and I chose to pay £4.19 to upgrade. The upgraded version contained literally no new functionality except for a button which said I was now...
  6. I have no login on my computer but I have to renew my password?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no login on my computer but I have to renew my password?!?: Hi. I got a new computer last august and I have Windows 11 Home edition installed. I did not install the OS and the computer came with no login or anything. That is, I turn on the computer and it doesn't prompt me for login before opening up to the desktop. But a few weeks...
  7. I have no login on my computer but I have to renew my password?!?

I have no login on my computer but I have to renew my password?!?: Hi. I got a new computer last august and I have Windows 11 Home edition installed. I did not install the OS and the computer came with no login or anything. That is, I turn on the computer and it doesn't prompt me for login before opening up to the desktop. But a few weeks...
  8. Customers complaining about website.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Customers complaining about website.: My customers have been complaining that my websites is not working for them. They are telling me it was working before but after the windows update there pc started getting slow making it difficult for them to browse my website. We keep checking if there could be something...
  9. A complain about MSE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A complain about MSE: Hi I am Mitun i have query about MSE THAT IS IT CANNOT RESTORE THE QUARANTINED ITEM It says like this The following error occurred: Error code 0x80508023. The program could not find the malware and other potentially unwanted software on this computer....
  10. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"