Windows 10: Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night

Discus and support Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received help via the Microsoft chat support and had the problem fixed by updating my graphics driver. I was able to play games and browse the web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SavageManatee15, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night

I received help via the Microsoft chat support and had the problem fixed by updating my graphics driver. I was able to play games and browse the web that night but as I logged off it said it was updating. Bringing me to today where my computer crashes anywhere from 4-6 minutes after booting up. The computer works perfectly fine in safe mode with networking, which is what I am in right now, but in the clean boot the problem still happened.

I'm wondering if its just a compatibility issue with my graphics driver and whatever got updating last night?

I have a GTX 1070 8gb Armor OC and the current driver is NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 version 24.21.13.9836

I look forward to any help so I can get my computer running normally

:)

SavageManatee15, Jul 28, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 28, 2018
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night

1. Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night - Similar Threads - Computer completely freezes

2. Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update: Hello everyone!After last night update 13.04 or 14.04 I have been receiving BSOD. After I uninstalled the update that has happened, I receive random PC freeze that does not allow me to restart it via restart button on PC, nor turn it off via Power button, but I have to turn...
  3. Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update: Hello everyone!After last night update 13.04 or 14.04 I have been receiving BSOD. After I uninstalled the update that has happened, I receive random PC freeze that does not allow me to restart it via restart button on PC, nor turn it off via Power button, but I have to turn...
  4. Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer freezing after last update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezing after last update: My computer has developed a problem since the last update - 2 days ago. After going to sleep it then freezes with the screen black. When I tap a key to wake it up nothing happens - the power key is on but won't turn off. I then need to turn the power off at the mains -...
  6. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE: I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-reliability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909 I have tried the following: 1. Disabled...
  7. night light completly disabled after update

night light completly disabled after update: after updating windows to latest version both night light switch in action center and in settings completely unable to access please help me fix this, facing eye irritation during night...
  8. Windows update last night

Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  9. Slow computer after it updated last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  10. Black screen after update last night

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after update last night: Hi, This morning Sept 15 after the update to Win 10 1703 x64, 2 computers had a black screen when starting. Came to the blue Windows Logo then went black but with a moveable cursor after hearing open music. I closed them down and restarted them. One has come up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update last night caused computer freeze