Windows 10: Computer continuously runs a shell script after upgrading to Windows10

Discus and support Computer continuously runs a shell script after upgrading to Windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC was running Windows 8.1 with no problem. I upgraded to Windows 10. Installation went fine, but right after I logged in to windows, it started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by duttas, Aug 27, 2015.

1. duttas Win User

Computer continuously runs a shell script after upgrading to Windows10

My PC was running Windows 8.1 with no problem. I upgraded to Windows 10. Installation went fine, but right after I logged in to windows, it started to continuously run a shell script in background. A shell window pops up on the computer screen every few seconds for a fraction of a second. This happens everytime the computer is powered on. Not only this is very disturbing, it also resets any text windows that are open at that time. So, if I am typing a password, it comes in the middle and wipes off the text from the text window. If anybody else familiar with it, please provide me a solution to get rid of this script. I have tried disabling all startup programs and several running processes, nothing seem to solve the problem.

RD

:)

duttas, Aug 27, 2015

2. Major Issue with Windows Store

After my last upgrade my store be came damaged and most Apps I want to use no longer work they just crash. Have reset all Apps, including the store, run the App troubleshooter, reinstalled all apps, run sfc /scannow, ran Dism/Restore health. All still
    don't work. Tried to uninstall store using script in power shell but nothing happened. What Now?

SilverBack70, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 freeze up

Long running script in windows 10 continues to freeze up my computer.

OndraPhillips, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

We need to know, what program that is. Without this information it will be close to impossible to help you.

Windows has System logs, which you find under Control Panel > Management > Event Viewer. Maybe there is a log, which contains information on program startups, so that you can look up, which program it actually is.

Joergi, Aug 28, 2015
  5. duttas Win User
    It might be the Event 10010 DestributedCOM. This event seem to be running all the time with the error
    'The server {79701C41-C345-47EC-B57C-XXXXXXXXXXXX} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

duttas, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer continuously runs a shell script after upgrading to Windows10 - Similar Threads - Computer continuously runs

2. Script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a...: Windows 10Hello Is it possible to write a script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a single small .exe Snap2HTML.exe over and over again while stating the program parameters. I wish to use a small program called Snap2html...
  3. Script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a...: Windows 10Hello Is it possible to write a script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a single small .exe Snap2HTML.exe over and over again while stating the program parameters. I wish to use a small program called Snap2html...
  4. Script for either a .bat file, or a CMD shell or Power Shell script, to automate running a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Power shell script running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Power shell script running: Hi,I usually get a brief pop-up for a script that runs at random times as far as I can gather. Its only for a split second, but its a nuisance if I am gaming as my controller is just disabled until I swap out and back to the game window again.I can see that there are several...
  6. Unknown Power shell script running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Power shell script running: Hi,I usually get a brief pop-up for a script that runs at random times as far as I can gather. Its only for a split second, but its a nuisance if I am gaming as my controller is just disabled until I swap out and back to the game window again.I can see that there are several...
  7. Power shell script

in Windows 10 Support
    Power shell script: Not sure where to post this. Can anyone tell me what this does. C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy UnRestricted function IJ($A) {$L = $Null;Get-ChildItem $A -Recurse -Depth 1 -ErrorAction 'SilentlyContinue' | ? {$_.extension -eq '.lnk'}...
  8. Keep Console Open after running power shell script through task scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep Console Open after running power shell script through task scheduler: I am running a powershell script using task scheduler: Program/Script: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Add arguments optional: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\JO.ps1 This works fine. However I want the powershell console to remain open. After...
  9. Locked out of laptop after running shell script "NoConnectedUser" -PropertyType "Dword"...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Locked out of laptop after running shell script "NoConnectedUser" -PropertyType "Dword"...: I ran a shell script that disabled Microsoft accounts using "NoConnectedUser" -PropertyType "Dword" -Value "0x00000003". I can no longer sign in my laptop using my PIN because Microsoft account is deactivated. What should I do?...
  10. How to run .sh or Shell Script file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to run .sh or Shell Script file in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Shell Scripts or .SH files are like batch files of Windows which can be executed in Linux or Unix. It is possible to run .sh or Shell Script file in Windows 10 using Windows Subsystem for Linux. In this post, [...] This post How to run .sh or Shell Script...