Windows 10: Computer Crash

Discus and support Computer Crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I own a dell computer that came running Windows 7 Pro, I bought it from someone else after it had been reformatted, it has a 128 GB SSD, 8 GB Ram, an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xdMatthewbx, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Computer Crash

I own a dell computer that came running Windows 7 Pro, I bought it from someone else after it had been reformatted, it has a 128 GB SSD, 8 GB Ram, an Intel Core i7 vPro, is using the Logitech G700s Gaming mouse, 2 monitors, & a TP-Link wifi adapter. It is now running Windows 10 Build 10240 Enterprise. I've been using it for several months, yesterday I went out of the house & left it on, when I came back, it was powered off, I turned it on, & everything was normal until the lock screen, then, nothing but my mouse appeared. It was freaking out, it went from normal mouse, to mouse with spinning wheel, to spinning wheel & repeated. From what I've found online that's the Blue Screen, I got the drive running on another computer, so I know it's not corrupted. Does anyone have any idea how to maybe boot into safe mode? Or any way to fix it without backing up the files & reformatting? Please help it would be much appreciated.

:)

xdMatthewbx, Nov 19, 2015

2. Crash Log question Why did my computer crash. (Pic included)

Please read
    this wiki
    to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 19, 2015
  3. Computer hard crash during computer graphic heavy games

Hi,

Basing on the details that you've provided, the audio is still running even when there is no display. The main cause of this concern is probably related to your graphics card and its driver. To further isolate this issue, we recommend that you boot your
    computer in
    safe mode
    . When in safe mode, your computer will only start using the basic files and drivers. As a result, it will help us confirm whether this issue is really being caused by a third party application/driver or not.

Keep us posted with the result of booting in safe mode.

Dennis Mop, Nov 19, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Computer Crash

It's not a blue screen (of death, presumably) if can see r mouse.

Thema:

Computer Crash

1. Computer Crash - Similar Threads - Computer Crash

2. Computer is randomly rebooting with no BSODs or indication of a crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is randomly rebooting with no BSODs or indication of a crash: A couple of months ago I started experiencing random reboots without warning, they occur usually 1-2 times a day. There were no BSODs or any indications of a crash such as dump files that I'm aware of. In Event Viewer I get a lot of 6008 and 41 Event IDs for unexpected...
  3. Computer Crashed and Won’t Boot Passed Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Crashed and Won’t Boot Passed Menu: Hello, Recently my laptop has been acting up to the point of me being unable to access sinple functions like the start menu. I proceeded to do a system reset however since then it won’t boot up past BIOS. I tried setting up a USB with the windows installation media and I...
  4. What to do in case of computer crash?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to do in case of computer crash?: After free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 years ago I realize that I don't have an installation code. right now computer is acting unstable. What do I do if it crashes and I need to reinstall it?...
  5. My computer just crashed, and I get a blue screen.

My computer just crashed, and I get a blue screen.: Hello since 2 days my pc crashes, I already had the problem par months ago but it somehow fixed itself, now the problem occurs again. The problem: I try to open zb an app, zb csgo it loads and after 2 sec I get a bluescreen. The standstill code is always changing....
  6. So my computer crashed and installed some update, then my display shrunk and everything got...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So my computer crashed and installed some update, then my display shrunk and everything got...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sallyminkus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4h9hq/so_my_computer_crashed_and_installed_some_update/
  7. My Computer Has Been Crashing For A Long Time

My Computer Has Been Crashing For A Long Time: Hello, So my computer is BSOD quite frequently and the games i play sometimes freeze and crash. The Temps are around 73 Celcius when the crashed occur. I Have Had this pc for 3 years and these only started 1 month ago. It is a custom built pc The BSOD errors i get are:...
  8. Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer: I am trying to run Sea of Thieves through steam, and I had the problem of the game crashing randomly while playing after moving the game to my secondary drive. I tried to find a solution, but I couldn't, so earlier today I completely factory reset my computer. After doing...
  9. My computer crashes Black Screen? How do I know the cause of the problem?

My computer crashes Black Screen? How do I know the cause of the problem?: OK So, I keep my computer plugged in and I have set the settings in power management to "Do Nothing" when the lid closes when the laptop is plugged in. I keep the laptop lid closed and when I open the laptop after sometime and it doesn't turn on, sadly I have no way of...
  10. My Computer Keeps Crashing & No One Can Tell Me Why!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Keeps Crashing & No One Can Tell Me Why!: I have contacted multiple Microsoft support personal about this and none of them have been able to find out what's causing the crashes on my PC. No amount of troubleshooting or crash logs I send seem to tell them anything! This is not a constant problem, but a random one I...