Windows 10: Computer Crash

Discus and support Computer Crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I own a dell computer that came running Windows 7 Pro, I bought it from someone else after it had been reformatted, it has a 128 GB SSD, 8 GB Ram, an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xdMatthewbx, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Computer Crash

I own a dell computer that came running Windows 7 Pro, I bought it from someone else after it had been reformatted, it has a 128 GB SSD, 8 GB Ram, an Intel Core i7 vPro, is using the Logitech G700s Gaming mouse, 2 monitors, & a TP-Link wifi adapter. It is now running Windows 10 Build 10240 Enterprise. I've been using it for several months, yesterday I went out of the house & left it on, when I came back, it was powered off, I turned it on, & everything was normal until the lock screen, then, nothing but my mouse appeared. It was freaking out, it went from normal mouse, to mouse with spinning wheel, to spinning wheel & repeated. From what I've found online that's the Blue Screen, I got the drive running on another computer, so I know it's not corrupted. Does anyone have any idea how to maybe boot into safe mode? Or any way to fix it without backing up the files & reformatting? Please help it would be much appreciated.

:)

xdMatthewbx, Nov 19, 2015

2. Crash Log question Why did my computer crash. (Pic included)

Please read
    this wiki
    to find out how to find and upload your event viewer logs

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 19, 2015
  3. Computer hard crash during computer graphic heavy games

Hi,

Basing on the details that you've provided, the audio is still running even when there is no display. The main cause of this concern is probably related to your graphics card and its driver. To further isolate this issue, we recommend that you boot your
    computer in
    safe mode
    . When in safe mode, your computer will only start using the basic files and drivers. As a result, it will help us confirm whether this issue is really being caused by a third party application/driver or not.

Keep us posted with the result of booting in safe mode.

Dennis Mop, Nov 19, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Computer Crash

It's not a blue screen (of death, presumably) if can see r mouse.

Thema:

Computer Crash

1. Computer Crash - Similar Threads - Computer Crash

2. Realtek HD Audio randomly crashed and got deleted from computer (need help)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio randomly crashed and got deleted from computer (need help): Heres the story, I was playing Overwatch and then my computer freezes, I manually shut down my computer and turn it back on. Then my audio for my headphones is gone. I got into playback devices and Realtek audio is no where to be found. I thought it was something to do with...
  3. Computer Crashes every 20ish minutes (bugcheck error)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Crashes every 20ish minutes (bugcheck error): I have been on my computer more then lately today and it seems to crash every 20 - 30 minutes with a Kernal Power error. I look at system logs and a bugcheck error happens right before it. "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f...
  4. Computer Abnormally slow/ freezes on simple tasks/ windows explorer crashes causing force...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Abnormally slow/ freezes on simple tasks/ windows explorer crashes causing force...: Good evening, I have been having problems with my computer for several months now. I have been trying to diagnosis the problem, however, I can't seem to find the problem to it. Problem: A simple task like using the taskbar can even freeze the computer forcing a...
  5. Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time Skype Video Chat crashes on my Windows computer. It happens during a video call or when I turn on my laptop. In simple words Skype crashing on Windows 10. It is even more annoying when I use [...] This post Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows...
  6. Windows defender update crashing computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows defender update crashing computer: I have a laptop and when the new defender update came around on the 4 everything was fine, but then my laptop crashed saying it was an error with the update and i get black screened befor i can even log in. Is there a fix? Or one coming soon?...
  7. Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.

Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.: Every time I watch a video from YouTube (or any other site) or when a website is playing ads with videos, my computer freezes and nothing works until I do a hard reset of the pc. I have a Dell Precision 690. Haven't noticed any other issues and the reliability history tells...
  8. Everything keeps crashing since I did a refresh on my computer

Everything keeps crashing since I did a refresh on my computer: My screen was flickering so my dad did a refresh, ever since that.... Pretty much the only thing that works and doesn't constantly crash on me is Skype. Chrome is the worst, likely because it's the most memory draw. Is there a way to fix this that doesn't involve buying a new...
  9. Computer keeps crashing after fresh install

Computer keeps crashing after fresh install: Everytime I start to play a game it crashes and gives this error in the reliability Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎4/‎21/‎2019 12:59 AM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly....
  10. Computer crash and recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crash and recovery: Have an older Lenovo all in one that crashed. bought a new computer old hard drive seems ok and I can access some file using an external usb interface. I am trying to recover files that were located in the user directory but it wont let me see them or transfer them. I...