Windows 10: Computer crashed after re-installing Norton

Discus and support Computer crashed after re-installing Norton in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had to re-install Norton and all of my other programs because I recently did a Clean Install. Below is the crash dump log. Attachment 103703 65384 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse Williams, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Computer crashed after re-installing Norton

I had to re-install Norton and all of my other programs because I recently did a Clean Install. Below is the crash dump log.

Attachment 103703

:)

Jesse Williams, Sep 29, 2016

2. Build 14316.rs1 keeps crashing with 'fault on non-paged area

update. no crashes for some time. installed Norton just for fun to confirm the problem. 5 minutes after install, system crashed. for those of you with Norton installed, i am going to re confirm that this program has compatibility issues with this build.

JohnAlbanese, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Build 14316.rs1 keeps crashing with 'fault on non-paged area

Update- being the glutton for punishment that i am, I installed 14316 on an older build. instead of waiting for windows update to give me the download, i downloaded an iso from the web, and mounted it, and proceeded with the install. all of my builds have Norton
    installed. after the install windows loaded as usual, let me log in, and about 1.5 mins later hit me with the blue screen. after restart, instead of going to login window, i saw a disc repair screen come up. did it's thing, and re booted. then i saw auto repair
    message. that program did its thing, re booted, and i got a message saying windows would not load, and gave me restart option, or advanced start up options. neither option gave me the answer i was looking for as i was trying to get to the desktop to uninstall
    Norton. re booted again, and went to my BIOS settings. in my advanced tools, i disabled the fast boot option, restarted, and after what felt like eternity windows finally loaded, and i was able to get to the desktop. Uninstalled Norton, and problem solved
    for the moment. hope this helps anyone having problems with loading windows. am using Bitdefender Free until a fix is issued.

JohnAlbanese, Sep 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Computer crashed after re-installing Norton

Hi Jesse Williams,

Either of the dumps shows Norton possibly causing trouble
    Code: BugCheck 50, {fffff6fb7dbedc38, 0, fffff80249c8d618, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for EraserUtilDrv11510.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for EraserUtilDrv11510.sys EraserUtilRe EraserUtilRebootDrv EraserUtilRebootDrv Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 118,784 0 0 5/14/2015 9:23:14 PM \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec 4,096[/quote]

5. [/quote] @axe0. Thanks! I believe it was because it hadn't been updated to support Windows 10. But I updated Norton, and that seemed to fix the issue. Thanks for your help!

Jesse Williams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer crashed after re-installing Norton

1. Computer crashed after re-installing Norton - Similar Threads - Computer crashed installing

2. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  3. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  4. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS: Hi, I am your customer.In 2019 I bought from you Microsoft Visio Professional 2019. I have an invoice number and order reference and the whole receipt. I need to re-install my operational System Windows 10. After that, I will need to re-install Visio. I do not remember if I...
  5. Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installation of your product after re-installation of OS: Hi, I am your customer.In 2019 I bought from you Microsoft Visio Professional 2019. I have an invoice number and order reference and the whole receipt. I need to re-install my operational System Windows 10. After that, I will need to re-install Visio. I do not remember if I...
  6. Can't re-enable windows defender interface after uninstalling Norton

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't re-enable windows defender interface after uninstalling Norton: I have followed all the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start/problems-starting-windows-defender-in-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9 . When i did the last step of adding the "DisableAntiSpyware" to x00000000...
  7. Computer randomly freezing after re install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer randomly freezing after re install: Well, I recently had an issue that caused me to reinstall my windows 10. I did so, updated my graphics card driver, mouse and just now figured out why my speakers weren't responding. So I guess I got that install too. I did all the updates that it could find and I now I'm...
  8. Need Free Windows 10 Re-install after a computer crash from Update

Need Free Windows 10 Re-install after a computer crash from Update: My Dell computer that had been less than 1 yr old crashed after a MS update. A friend from IT loaded it manually but it's missing so many things. I want a clean re-load so I can play my CD's, etc. I shouldn't have to pay for a new Windows 10. Reinstalls used to come...
  9. Norton Installation

Norton Installation: I have bought a 2 year subscription of Norton Security. My Microsoft Surface Go does not allow it to be installed. How do I go about to install my Norton program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-installation/2ab8d5fb-50ce-4fee-8366-5741a72a925f
  10. Norton nagging to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton nagging to install: I am on Windows 10 and have been using Malwarebytes for a number years now. I recently updated Javascript or Java (a mistake, I know) and must have missed the button to not install Norton. I am now getting a popup where Norton keeps asking if I want to install. I click cancel...