Windows 10: Computer crashed and wont restart

Discus and support Computer crashed and wont restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Lenovo PC suddenly shut down today and when I restarted it I got a BSOD with a 'bad pool header' message. I did eventually restart but soon shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gerstley, Feb 7, 2016.

1. gerstley Win User

Computer crashed and wont restart

My Lenovo PC suddenly shut down today and when I restarted it I got a BSOD with a 'bad pool header' message. I did eventually restart but soon shut down again with a 'k mode exception not handled' message. Now when I restart I get a blue page 'RECOVERY Your computer could not start properly. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error: 0xc0000225.'

I have a windows 10 system repair disk but when I try and boot from it I get 'non system disk or disk error'.

I recently (2 weeks ago) replaced the hard drive because the old one was showing SMART errors. I cloned the old disk to an identical disk and it seemed to be going fine until today.

Not sure quite what to do next.

:)

gerstley, Feb 7, 2016

2. my computer bassicly crashed and wouldnt restart so i had to clean install windows 10 but now i cant activate windows 10 i need help

Unfortunately, you will need to reinstall and reactivate your previous version of Windows.

How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Feb 7, 2016
  3. my computer bassicly crashed and wouldnt restart so i had to clean install windows 10 but now i cant activate windows 10 i need help

my computer crashed so I clean installed windows 10 but now I cant activate it does someone no how or what I need to do to activate it agian

jonathoncauwels, Feb 7, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

Boot from a Windows 10 Recovery Media...

Trouble Shoot -> Advanced Options -> Command Prompt

CMD> bootrec /scanos
    CMD> bootrec /rebuildbcd
    CMD> bootrec /fixmbr
    CMD> bootrec /fixboot

Reboot.

D3LL, Feb 7, 2016
  5. gerstley Win User
    I don't have a windows 8 recovery disk. Not sure how to get one. I do have my old hard drive (which is still working) and a SATA-USB connector. Would that help? Also, I have an external backup drive.

gerstley, Feb 7, 2016
  6. You should repair the MBR with Recover Media. If you need help finding recovery media, it's made available on Microsoft's website.

HanginJang, Feb 7, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please check if the Windows 10 media disk is damaged (if it has scratches or something)

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  8. gerstley Win User

I was able to get a flash drive with repair media off another windows 10 computer I have. I opened command prompt and input CMD> bootrec /scanos. I then hit return and typed CMD> bootrec /rebuildbcd. It responded 'process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'. I got the same response with fixmbr and fixboot. Am I doing something wrong?

gerstley, Feb 7, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please make a photo of the command prompt and post it.

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  10. gerstley Win User
    I was typing the command prompts improperly and managed to run the following:
    Trouble Shoot -> Advanced Options -> Command Prompt

CMD> bootrec /scanos
    CMD> bootrec /rebuildbcd
    CMD> bootrec /fixmbr
    CMD> bootrec /fixboot

When I ran rebuildbcd, it asked, do I want to add installation to boot list? I answered yes and the response was 'requested system device cannot be found' Fixmbr and fixboot both ran sucessfully. When I rebooted the computer a blue page came up with' boot configuration data for PC is missing or contains errors. File efi\microsoft\bootbcd. error 0xc000000f.'

gerstley, Feb 7, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please run following commands in command prompt and make a photo of command prompt
    Code: diskpart list volume[/quote] An example of how it looks like
    Attachment 63137

12. axe0 New Member
    Which one should have the boot files?

13. gerstley Win User

I am not sure. The computer came with these partitions set up. I have the old disk that I cloned. Could I find something out from that?

gerstley, Feb 8, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Does the old disk has a boot partition?

15. gerstley Win User
    This is what the old (original clone) disk has:
    C - 500mb OEM Partition
    D - 905 GB Primary partition
    F - 1000MB Recovery partition
    no letter - 260MB EFI system partition
    G - 24GB Recovery partition

I have read that the device boots to the EFI system partition.

gerstley, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer crashed and wont restart - Similar Threads - Computer crashed wont

2. Computer Crash then Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crash then Restart: Subject is what happened, happens all the time out of nowhere, sometimes even BSOD.. Minidump link belowhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/u8dq6tk0mabt5s0/092822-14984-01.dmp/fileNeed help figuring out the crash...
  3. Computer Crash then Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crash then Restart: Subject is what happened, happens all the time out of nowhere, sometimes even BSOD.. Minidump link belowhttps://www.mediafire.com/file/u8dq6tk0mabt5s0/092822-14984-01.dmp/fileNeed help figuring out the crash...
  4. Computer Crash then Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. computer wont stop crashing/restarting, mouse is unresponsive and the apps and taskbar are gone

computer wont stop crashing/restarting, mouse is unresponsive and the apps and taskbar are gone: computer was really laggy and unresponsive so i restarted it a few times until it was brought to a page where it said that my pc ran into a problem and it needs to be restarted , from there it just went on an endless loop and kept on going back to the restarting page over and...
  6. Computer Wont Restart After BSOD

Computer Wont Restart After BSOD: My system keeps getting BSOD for different reasons and when it happens, my PC wont restart after checking on whats going on, so i cant troubleshoot and see whats wrong...
  7. Computer Wont Restart After BSOD

Computer Wont Restart After BSOD: My system keeps getting BSOD for different reasons and when it happens, my PC wont restart after checking on whats going on, so i cant troubleshoot and see whats wrong...
  8. Computer Crash/Restart

Computer Crash/Restart: Ok, so this has been an ongoing issue for months. My PC will do a hard crash and restart at seemingly random times. I have upgraded RAM, PSU, and CPU Cooler. I have done a fresh windows install on a different drive. I don't know what else to try other than replacing more...
  9. My computer wont restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer wont restart: Recently I have been unable to successfully restart my computer. I have been using a used RX 570 graphics card that had been used for mining, and I ran into error 43. I have been using the atikpatcher to bypass the problem for months until I tried again and it didn't work,...
  10. computer crashed and hard restart now wont activate.

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer crashed and hard restart now wont activate.: So my pc crashed the other day and ever since it says i need to activate my windows 10. It was previously activated from free upgrade yrs ago but now just get error codes and virtual assistant is usless. any ideas?...