Windows 10: Computer crashed completely

Discus and support Computer crashed completely in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Asus PC from 2013 in which I was running Windows 7. When I updated my computer to Windows 10, everything seemed fine until the update was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dudaele, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Dudaele Win User

Computer crashed completely

I have an Asus PC from 2013 in which I was running Windows 7. When I updated my computer to Windows 10, everything seemed fine until the update was completed. Now my PC does not WORK! I can turn it on, but the mouse won't show/work, it's like it doesn't exist. That prevents me from turning it off, and I have to restart it. Additionally, the desktop "flashes", literally. I really cannot do any thing, when it's on. I can't look things up because my mouse doesn't show up, and even if it did, everything appears and disappears, so it probably wouldn't take me to anything. I tried restarting my computer with the off/on button (in know it's bad, but I don't really know why, and I couldnt do anything else). It is not really a BSOD, but my computer is still "crashed." Please someone help me, thank you.<br>

:)

Dudaele, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 download completely crashed my computer

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused.

• Do you get any error message or error codes?
    I suggest you to unplug all external devices and restart the computer and check if this helps.

Let's try these steps and check if it helps.

1. Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.

To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.

2. Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video. Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

-Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.

-If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)

-If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

-Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 download completely crashed my computer

Installed Windows 10 last night and it completely crashed my computer. Error message. Had to turn off manually. Message toda says to find someone I trust to help!!!!? What, I can't trust Microsoft? The tech on line just sent me to a faq site. I hate
    windows 10 already.

SusanKraeft, Aug 2, 2015
  4. tglavas Win User

can you start your system in safe mode?
    start with a windows cd and perform startup repair, later on you can select a command prompt and perform a chkdsk or sfc /scannow.

tglavas, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer crashed completely - Similar Threads - Computer crashed completely

2. Computer completely crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer completely crashed: Hi, my computer is running on windows 11 and for some reason my computer has completely stopped working.When turning my computer on since Saturday the 12th, the display screened that my user profile was lost and when finally being able to log in, i have lost everything on the...
  3. Computer completely crashed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer completely crashed: Hi, my computer is running on windows 11 and for some reason my computer has completely stopped working.When turning my computer on since Saturday the 12th, the display screened that my user profile was lost and when finally being able to log in, i have lost everything on the...
  4. Computer freezes but not completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes but not completely: Ok so PC history first : Back in novemeber or december 2020 I upgraded the processor and MOBO for my PC, i went from i5 7600k with a z170 board to a Ryzen 7 3700x with a X570 board. I kept my nvidia GTX1080, my 16GB of RAM, and both of my drives 250GB NVme SSD for boot and...
  5. Screen freeze into complete crash

Screen freeze into complete crash: Hi, I'm not very well-versed with identifying system issues on Windows. I have recently started having days when my system will freeze completely mouse, display, input, etc. though I can often still hear audio playing in the background. Sometimes the freeze will cause a...
  6. Computer completely freezing

Computer completely freezing: My computer has started to freeze randomly whenever I am doing something such as playing a game or browsing the Web. This issue has only been happening for a few days. I did have new internet installed a week ago but I can't see how that will cause my PC to freeze. Does...
  7. Computer crashing completely at random from graphics error

Computer crashing completely at random from graphics error: For the last week since installing Windows on my new NVMe SSD, I've been experiencing random crashes of my system that all consistently produce the same error copied below. As for when these crashes occur, it seems more or less random, but there are certain instances where it...
  8. completely unusable computer

completely unusable computer: I boot, this is what I get and it stays like this forever, I have made a 16 minute video of this as well This is what considered the fastest OS yet? How? Look at the list, all useless windows services that I have no use for and it just hogs up all my resources thus making...
  9. Laptop crash completely

Laptop crash completely: As the topic said, Im facing a weird problem where whenever an app that is in fullscreen mode, and i try to switch app (alt tab), my laptop went not responding and crashed completely, i asked my friends if im online in steam and apparently im not online which means eveything...
  10. hanging or crashing apps not completed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hanging or crashing apps not completed: as it says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hanging-or-crashing-apps-not-completed/ab339a7b-a947-4076-9c5e-cad8f43fe4a6"