Windows 10: Computer crashes as soon as i open a game

Discus and support Computer crashes as soon as i open a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Specs are Windows 11 proMotherboard: msi z370 a-proCpu: i7 9700kfGpu: geforce Rtx 2080 superRam: Corsair vengeance 4x 4gb ddr4Psu: Silverstone strider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eli Russell2, May 28, 2024.

1. Computer crashes as soon as i open a game

Specs are Windows 11 proMotherboard: msi z370 a-proCpu: i7 9700kfGpu: geforce Rtx 2080 superRam: Corsair vengeance 4x 4gb ddr4Psu: Silverstone strider 750w 80+ goldI have had tempeeature problems in the past and fixed since but i havent been able to fix this one for almost a year nowThis problem has come on and off and it is when i open a game eg, ghost of tsushima which has been causing itMy computer switches off and instantly reboots and this happens when i open most gamesI have tried downgrading my BIOS, have checked event log which doesnt have anything but errors telling me it failed to

:)

Eli Russell2, May 28, 2024
  2. Jessen P Win User

ASPHALT 8 GAME crashes as soon as it is opened

Hi Deepak,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular game?
    Since the game is crashing, the first thing I would suggest is to reinstall the game and then check if it helps. I would also request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if it helps.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please revert if the game still crashes.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 28, 2024
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 28, 2024
  4. Computer crashes as soon as i open a game

Artifex Mundi games crashing on opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better assistance, please share the information:

• Which is the game that you are not able to play on the computer? Is the issue specific to this game?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Is the issue particular to Artiflex Mundi games or all games?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.

• Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 28, 2024
Thema:

Computer crashes as soon as i open a game

1. Computer crashes as soon as i open a game - Similar Threads - Computer crashes soon

2. Computer crashes as soon as i open a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes as soon as i open a game: Specs are Windows 11 proMotherboard: msi z370 a-proCpu: i7 9700kfGpu: geforce Rtx 2080 superRam: Corsair vengeance 4x 4gb ddr4Psu: Silverstone strider 750w 80+ goldI have had tempeeature problems in the past and fixed since but i havent been able to fix this one for almost a...
  3. Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it: So like as soon as i am opening the game the app just closes without any error, i have tried both the player as well as the Microsoft store version, there is a difference the Roblox player needs to closed from the task manger before we close it from the task manger we can...
  4. Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it

Roblox is crashing as soon as i am opening it: So like as soon as i am opening the game the app just closes without any error, i have tried both the player as well as the Microsoft store version, there is a difference the Roblox player needs to closed from the task manger before we close it from the task manger we can...
  5. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes as soon as I start a game: Hello, I have the problem that my pc crashes shortly after I start a game but runs fine when a game is not started.Me and my father can’t seem so figure out what the problem is. Overheating ist definitely not a problem my graphic drivers are up to date and i just don’t know...
  6. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

PC crashes as soon as I start a game: Hello, I have the problem that my pc crashes shortly after I start a game but runs fine when a game is not started.Me and my father can’t seem so figure out what the problem is. Overheating ist definitely not a problem my graphic drivers are up to date and i just don’t know...
  7. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Minecraft and Hill climb racing games crash as soon as opened

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft and Hill climb racing games crash as soon as opened: as soon as i open it they crash Amd a9 9425 dual core 4gb ram raedon r5 integrated graphics windows build 20h2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-and-hill-climb-racing-games-crash-as/bfbf68dc-0edd-4ad3-9194-3a561cafbbc6
  9. Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens: So I have a *clean* install of Windows 10 Pro N. All the latest windows updates. I created the bootable USB using the Windows 10 media creation tool today. In other words, essentially the latest-and-greatest. I have installed no 3rd party applications yet. After the install...
  10. Computer crashes after i open any game

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashes after i open any game: this has been happening for about 5 days and It just poped out if no where either windows did a secret update and cause me to get this error. The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...