Windows 10: Computer died

Discus and support Computer died in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thanks jds63. Phil, I missed your post earlier and I already placed my order. What do you think of the RM series that I bought? Thanks, Jim Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by okrobie, Feb 3, 2016.

1. okrobie Win User

Computer died

Thanks jds63.

Phil, I missed your post earlier and I already placed my order. What do you think of the RM series that I bought? Thanks, Jim

okrobie, Feb 4, 2016
  2. philc43 Win User

Great choice! These RM series are a bit more expensive than the CX but give near silent running and are very stable.

philc43, Feb 4, 2016
  3. okrobie Win User
    Thanks. I'm glad to know that. I knew that I wanted more power and modular. Too many wires were blocking my air flow. I don't want to mark it solved till it's in. Thanks, Jim

okrobie, Feb 4, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Computer died

Your Welcome. Even though already purchased did you really need a 1000W PSU, might be a bit overkill ? Regardless of it being a good PSU, do you have a lot of hardware and graphics cards that require a lot of power or plan on upgrading. I have a 750W, does fine for me see in my specs what else i have, that is a bit more then i need.

jds63, Feb 4, 2016
  5. okrobie Win User
    Thanks jds63, I figured that if I blew up a 750, I needed 1000. I am participating in a research program from Stanford University called Folding @ Home
    It runs my machines at full tilt all night long, or whenever I'm not using them. I've got extra fans etc. but you know... If some is good, more is better. *Wink

P.S. Another factor was the modular aspect. With my old PSU I had too many wires hanging around, that I wasn't using, hurting my air flow. This unit was one of the lowest priced units with full modular.

okrobie, Feb 5, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Do not think your PSU died because it was not higher then 750W. if do not have sufficient power to run hardware, hardware will not run
    ( e.g. Graphics card requirements) . Plenty of Full modular less wattage PSU's, mine for one is full modular and 750W. All i am saying is probably do not require all that wattage and spending extra money for it.

jds63, Feb 5, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Feb 5, 2016
  8. okrobie Win User

Computer died

okrobie, Feb 5, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    I'm too late to advise but for future reference don't buy an XFX PSU. I've had two XFX Pro PSUs fail in 2 years due a faulty +5V standby output. I've now bought an EVGA PSU having a 10 year warranty.

Steve C, Feb 5, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    I still do not get your logic behind buying a 1000W PSU to think will last longer, i think for one it's how well the components are inside the PSU to make it last longer and keeping it clean and not overloading it. What Graphics card do you have, Jim ? Really feel need 83 amps on +12v rail ?
    Your choice i was just trying to understand and help.

jds63, Feb 5, 2016
  11. okrobie Win User
    Hi jds63, there wasn't much logic behind it, just a seat of the pants executive decision. I don't think it will do any harm. It was in my budget. If I had spotted a modular 750, I probably would have went with it, but the 1000 was the lowest cost modular I found, and unfortunately I didn't wait for any advice. I just pulled the trigger. I don't have a high end graphics card, just 512Mb. My "System Specs" are now up to date. The ones that were there were for a different machine. Thanks for your concern.

Hi Steve, Thanks for your input, but I don't know what an XFX is. Is that a nickname for Corsair?

okrobie, Feb 5, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome, there are 750W Full modular for less then RM1000 as for the one i showed i have. I understand you already purchased it and true does not matter, just explaining reasons of thinking not going to have issues because of more wattage. Good luck, i have had luck also with Corsair PSU's.

jds63, Feb 5, 2016
  13. Steve C Win User

Computer died

XFX is a brand name. The XFX Pro PSUs I had were a supposedly reliable Seasonic design.

Steve C, Feb 6, 2016
  14. okrobie Win User
    Well, my new PSU arrived today. It was DOA. It only had one output voltage the+5VSB. Very disappointing. *cry

They're going to ship one right out, but they want me to pay the return postage on the bad unit. I should have returned it to NewEgg. They probably would ave paid the freight. Corsair also had me put up a credit card number to insure that I would send it back. Very poor customer service from Corsair.

okrobie, Feb 10, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    Very unfortunate, yes believe NewEgg would of paid postage to return it as i did this once with them and since under 30 days. Hopefully Corsair does not send you a refurb. sometimes common with these manufacturers.

jds63, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

Computer died

1. Computer died - Similar Threads - Computer died

2. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...
  3. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...
  4. My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...: My computer randomly 2 weeks ago started blue screening with the issue dpc watchdog violation i tried to fix it and it worked for 3 days and since then ive used a ddu and reinstalled my graphics drivers several times. Its gotten so bad i had a critical error and it reset my...
  5. My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...

My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...: My computer randomly 2 weeks ago started blue screening with the issue dpc watchdog violation i tried to fix it and it worked for 3 days and since then ive used a ddu and reinstalled my graphics drivers several times. Its gotten so bad i had a critical error and it reset my...
  6. Got a blue screen on my computer saying critical process died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a blue screen on my computer saying critical process died.: I've tried to reboot in safe mode through advanced options, nothing. I've tried using the code sfc/scannow it goes through the verification process then ends up saying Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation. Please help I'm not good with...
  7. Got a blue screen on my computer saying critical process died.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got a blue screen on my computer saying critical process died.: I've tried to reboot in safe mode through advanced options, nothing. I've tried using the code sfc/scannow it goes through the verification process then ends up saying Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation. Please help I'm not good with...
  8. Got a blue screen on my computer saying critical process died.

9. My windows 10 computer died. I bought a new windows 11 computer. I attached my old disk to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 computer died. I bought a new windows 11 computer. I attached my old disk to...: My windows 10 computer died. I bought a new windows 11 computer. I attached my old disk to the new computer. Can I access my DATA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-computer-died-i-bought-a-new-windows/4b18b2e2-1206-42dc-88a2-299200a477ce
  10. My windows 10 computer died. I bought a new windows 11 computer. I attached my old disk to...

My windows 10 computer died. I bought a new windows 11 computer. I attached my old disk to...: My windows 10 computer died. I bought a new windows 11 computer. I attached my old disk to the new computer. Can I access my DATA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-computer-died-i-bought-a-new-windows/4b18b2e2-1206-42dc-88a2-299200a477ce