Windows 10: Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots

Discus and support Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, My computer just started doing a very weird thing. I've had Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8100 for about 3 months now. Just recently, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davron94, Nov 14, 2016.

1. davron94 Win User

Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots

Hello all,

My computer just started doing a very weird thing. I've had Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8100 for about 3 months now. Just recently, after it sits idle for about an hour or so, it will shut down and reboot on its own. It will go to the Windows 10 splash screen, the blue window, and then go straight to a black screen with the circle of white dots spinning in the lower middle of the screen. It will just stay like this with no way to get past it. I've tried looking up this issue, but cannot find anyone with the exact same problem. If I do a hard reboot, the OS will boot up properly. Please help!!!

:)

davron94, Nov 14, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

WHY OH WHY? Does it have to be so hard to update and turn on computer to only get spinning dots!?

Do you have a Black Screen with Spinning Dots or a Blue Screen with Spinning Dots?

If it is a Black Screen and you have a wireless mouse, unplug the receiver for the Wireless Mouse from the USB Port and reboot. Do not plug in the receiver until your login screen appears

If it is a Blue Screen, try pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del, and see if the Login Page appears, if it does, try logging in, you may need to roll back the update that caused this error . . . t

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Nov 14, 2016
  3. Can't get off black start up screen after rebooting, after doing AVG removal.

Can't get off black start up screen after rebooting, after doing AVG removal. Just have the black screen with the circle of dots spinning at the bottom. Please help.

Kimberly McBride, Nov 14, 2016
  4. Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots

The first thing to try would be a repair install, the second would be to check the cooling fans on the computer.

Hearsepilot, Nov 14, 2016
  5. Compcon Win User
    You could also try air dusting the power supply and fans. Sometimes you get dust clogged in the vents and it won't allow your computer to cool as it should.

Compcon, Nov 14, 2016
  6. davron94 Win User
    My computer cleanliness is not an issue. There is something going on with the OS or Bios causing the system to randomly reboot, and then lock up while loading.

davron94, Nov 15, 2016
  7. davron94,

Please try shutting down the computer pressing the Power button. You may have to press it for 15-20 seconds until it eventually shuts down.
    Now, press the Power button to turn on the PC, and, just as Windows starts to load (round dots rotating), press and hold the power button down until it turns off.

Repeat the same actions two more times, and, on the third (sometimes fourth) try, instead of the round dots, the PC should boot into recovery mode trying to do a fix. This usually fails, and then you are given recovery/repair options in the Windows Recovery Environment.

In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click: Troubleshoot > next window click: Advanced Options, and at the next window click: Automatic Repair

Give it a whirl and let us know what develops.

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots

1. Computer does automatic reboot to black screen and spinning dots - Similar Threads - Computer does automatic

2. Stays suck on both preparing automatic repair and spinning dots on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stays suck on both preparing automatic repair and spinning dots on black screen: Just as the question says, it first stays stuck on automatic repair with spinning dots on a black screen , than does a quick restart on its own, than gets stuck on the same black screen with spinning dots but without the words " preparing automatic repair”It doesn’t give me...
  3. Stays suck on both preparing automatic repair and spinning dots on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stays suck on both preparing automatic repair and spinning dots on black screen: Just as the question says, it first stays stuck on automatic repair with spinning dots on a black screen , than does a quick restart on its own, than gets stuck on the same black screen with spinning dots but without the words " preparing automatic repair”It doesn’t give me...
  4. Stays suck on both preparing automatic repair and spinning dots on black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen, spinning dots and cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, spinning dots and cursor: When i start my computer, when motherboard logo disappear, there is just spinning dots an cursor and it never start up. But when i go to safe mode and uninstall gpu driver, it starts up normally. PS i tried to delete uptades and all that.(sorry for my bad English) submitted...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen Spinning White Dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Black Screen Spinning White Dots: Hello, I turned on my pc today to find that windows would get stuck on a black screen with spinning white circles endlessly. I have tried using my windows installation media to do startup repair, system restore, and I checked the ssd with chkdsk /r in command prompt. None of...
  7. Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Black Screen After Spinning Dots & Logo: Hi, My PC was working fine yesterday, but when I try to boot it up normally this morning, it would just get stuck on a black screen after the blue Microsoft logo and the spinning dots. I can successfully boot it into safe mode, and disconnected all the non-essential...
  8. black screen and spinning dots

black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  9. Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update

Stuck with a black screen with the spinning dot after an update: Hello! Yesterday I update my Windows and then it booted up correctly, no issues. I shut down my PC last night now I turned it on to work and it appears that it boots correctly but I see a black screen with the spinning dot on top or everything. I can log in and see the task...
  10. Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup

Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup: Recently, many of our HP computers in our company are having issues starting Windows 10 on their desktop computers. When they turn on the computer, they see the Windows flag and the spinning dots. After a couple seconds, the screen changes to display only the spinning dots...