Windows 10: COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER

Discus and support COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ROZENDAMCPHEE, Aug 3, 2018.

1. COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER

COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER

:)

ROZENDAMCPHEE, Aug 3, 2018

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Aug 3, 2018
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER [​IMG]

4. FLY3R Win User

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER :)

FLY3R, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. COMPUTER DOES NOT APPEAR IN NETWORK MAP AFTER INSTALLING NEW ROUTER - Similar Threads - COMPUTER DOES APPEAR

2. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed: Spectrum sent me a new modem/router. I installed it and several devices connecedt without trouble. My laptop does not detect the new network but it sees dozens of others. I have rebooted the laptop, modem, router. I ran Windows update. I have Windows 10 pro. The laptop worked...
  3. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed: Spectrum sent me a new modem/router. I installed it and several devices connecedt without trouble. My laptop does not detect the new network but it sees dozens of others. I have rebooted the laptop, modem, router. I ran Windows update. I have Windows 10 pro. The laptop worked...
  4. Laptop does not detect wifi network after new modem/router installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network sharing - computer does not appear under Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network sharing - computer does not appear under Network: I have a desktop computer which has a folder I want to share to my 2 laptops and my wife's laptop. I initially did not have file sharing enabled for the desktop, but I figured out how to do that - I think. I used file explorer and the "Give access to" selection to share the...
  6. Replaced router and all mapped drives are okay but all networked computers are missing

Replaced router and all mapped drives are okay but all networked computers are missing: To all, Today, I replaced a several-years-old router with a new one. In Windows 10, Windows Explorer all of my network drives are present and I can navigate to them and use them. In a Command Prompt, I can navigate to them and use them. In Windows Explorer, under...
  7. Network Data with New Router

Network Data with New Router: I have changed out my Router, and now cannot get the NAS and Network Computers to show in My Network. If I put the old router back in server they show again. Where is there a place to delete the old router info, so the new router can provide the connections? It appears...
  8. New LTSC install does not map network drives

New LTSC install does not map network drives: I'm thinking this is part of the 1809 issue, but figured I ask... My school district just got the install for Windows 10 LTSC, so I created a base image on one of our computers. Every user in our district has drives that are mapped at logon. So when I log on to any Windows...
  9. Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update

Lost network computers after new sky router or Windows Update: Hi i have been suffering slow WiFi speeds for a while now and sky have replaced my router. I have two computers both running windows 10 with the latest build Now since i started with this router i have lost my home network and i have not changed anything on the computer...
  10. Network discovery turned off after installing a new router

Network discovery turned off after installing a new router: This week I upgraded to a new router. While fighting some unexpected connectivity problems I found that network discovery had been turned off on all 3 of my computers. Should I have anticipated this? I can't think of any reason Windows would care. The 3 computers all got new...