Windows 10: Computer does not recognise Audio CDs

Discus and support Computer does not recognise Audio CDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Alright, so today I got myself a brand new album in CD, went home only to realize that it doesn't seem to be recognized by my DVD drive. I tried some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aggserp4, May 18, 2018.

1. Aggserp4 Win User

Computer does not recognise Audio CDs

Alright, so today I got myself a brand new album in CD, went home only to realize that it doesn't seem to be recognized by my DVD drive. I tried some other albums to see if it was a problem with the CD itself and the problem persisted. My DVD drive has an issue where it's sometimes not recognized by the computer when it starts up and it doesn't show up on File Explorer or Device Manager. However, restarting the computer or putting it to sleep and waking it usually fixes this and it seems to work perfectly fine otherwise. Could the two problems be related? I'd like to add that the CD works perfectly fine on my PS3 or any other sort of CD player so it's probably not related to it. Also, the problem with my DVD drive surfaced when I did a clean install of Windows 10 to replace my hard drive about a year ago. Thanks in advance.

:)

Aggserp4, May 18, 2018
  2. JeffS33 Win User

Playing audio CD's on Windows 10

Neither of my two systems will now play audio CD's. They did prior to Windows 10, and they did after the upgrade. But now they do not - they just show the CD as a 'CDFS' device, with .cda files for each track.

Something has gone wrong and is now preventing Windows 10 from recognising audio CD's.

Please fix it ...

(and I have tried the suggestions - no improvement)

JeffS33, May 20, 2018
  3. Playing audio CD's on Windows 10

My CD does not play when I put it in the computer

I checked and found that the CD audio is on

can you help me?

ChristeenCook, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Computer does not recognise Audio CDs

1. Computer does not recognise Audio CDs - Similar Threads - Computer does recognise

2. Audio CDs not working but data CDs work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio CDs not working but data CDs work.: I open mycomputer and I see the C drive and see the CD drive and it shows its an audio CD, when I dbl click the CD drive I get this error "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. thank you so...
  3. Audio CDs not working but data CDs work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio CDs not working but data CDs work.: I open mycomputer and I see the C drive and see the CD drive and it shows its an audio CD, when I dbl click the CD drive I get this error "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. thank you so...
  4. Audio CDs not working but data CDs work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio Input Device Not Recognised

Audio Input Device Not Recognised: As the title says my recently purchased microphone isn't showing up as an input device. this is the error code 0x80004003but i have seen the other related posts and for some reason the update that allegedly caused the fault isn't showing up on my uninstall updates tab even...
  6. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  7. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  8. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs: Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't...
  9. Audio CDs not being recognised in Windows 10

Audio CDs not being recognised in Windows 10: I'm struggling with getting audio CDs to be recognised in Windows 10 . CD-ROM data discs are working perfectly - but if I put an audio CD in any DVD drive:1 Windows treats it like a blank CD-ROM2 No .CDA files are shown3 Windows Media Player does not recognise that there is...
  10. File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.: When inserting a dvd or cd nothing happens. Disc drive & drivers are working properly but the discs don't show on File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-windows-10-not-recognising-dvds/a8fb5e2e-3d39-4c24-959c-4cd3528ae5b3"