Windows 10: Computer does not update any more?

Discus and support Computer does not update any more? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Had no problem before,just updating any more. Can I reset something. Internet is working perfect. [img] 45434 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zplugger, Mar 26, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Computer does not update any more?

Had no problem before,just updating any more. Can I reset something. Internet is working perfect.

Computer does not update any more? [​IMG]

:)

zplugger, Mar 26, 2016
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer does not recognize any connected devices after the Windows 10 Update

Hi,

There are various reasons why your computer cannot detect some of your devices like your printer. For us to better assist you on your concern, kindly answer these questions:

• What is the model of your computer?
    • Is there an error message when you attempt to print or when you connect other devices to your computer?
    • What is the error message when you attempt to install the driver software of your printer?

If possible, kindly connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable to see if you'll be able to print.

Argel Obm, Mar 26, 2016
  3. Sbenne Win User
    Computer does not recognize any connected devices after the Windows 10 Update

My printer was working fine until 15th August when my HP computer did a long Windows 10 update. Now my computer will not even recognise that there is a devise connected. I have tried to reinstall the printer directly from the HP website but before the
    installation is complete it says that there is an error and closes down. I have tried to reinstall direct from the original CD but it will not install from that either. I tried to download photographs from an iPhone and although it originally recognised
    it, it then disappeared from my computer and then failed to recognise a devise was connected although my more basic mobile phone works when connected. I am desperate to get my printer working, I have a HP photosmart wireless B109n, as I need to print airline
    boarding passes. Can anyone help please?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

Sbenne, Mar 26, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Try this :
    Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download > delete all the files inside folder Download.( Just the files inside, NOT the Download folder).

Try checking for updates again.

davidhk, Mar 26, 2016
  5. zplugger Win User
    just checked and no files in folder?

zplugger, Mar 27, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 27, 2016
  7. zplugger Win User
    Thanks davidhk, just did that today.Ran sfc command and no problems with pc.

zplugger, Mar 27, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Not sure I understand correctly.

Is problem solved or still persisting ?

davidhk, Mar 27, 2016
  9. zplugger Win User
    Hello davidhk
    Is problem solved or still persisting ? Yes
    Had a problem with computer booting to black screen last week,so I did a new install that kept all your files. Computer booted perect and all my file were there just like before the black screen problem. I can connect to internet OK and everything works except update? Windows defender will not update either. Not sure if it showed before but my ATT WiFi does not show in network adapters? Shows on desktop icon, but not in control panel network connections. I have discovery turn on,it must be something simple I'm not seeing.
    SFC /SCANNOW shows no problems.

zplugger, Mar 27, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 27, 2016
  11. zplugger Win User
    Thanks davidhk
    Will give it a try and report back on results.

zplugger, Mar 27, 2016
  12. zplugger Win User
    Hello
    Ran Option Two, now I can update Windows Denfender. Still will not update windows? I did update on defender from opening defender. Nothing seems to work from Setting Update& Security

zplugger, Mar 27, 2016
  13. Computer does not update any more?

Try to run this file as admin, it will take about an hour to finish, then select to clean everything.

TairikuOkami, Mar 27, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    When you clicked the Check for Update button, did you see green dots racing across the page ?
    If yes, that means Windows Update is running.

Perhaps, wait a bit and try the Check for Update button again.

davidhk, Mar 27, 2016
  15. zplugger Win User
    Yes get green dots for couple minutes, then can't connect to update service

zplugger, Mar 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer does not update any more? - Similar Threads - Computer does update

2. Windows 11 does not show 2560x1440 resolution any more.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not show 2560x1440 resolution any more.: I am switching external monitors connected to my Dell Latitude notebook:Acer - max resolution 1920x1080 AOC - max resolution 2560x1440Suddenly windows setup keeps offering me only 1920x1080 resolution even for the AOC monitor.I proved that the monitor can provide 2560x1440...
  3. Windows 11 does not show 2560x1440 resolution any more.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not show 2560x1440 resolution any more.: I am switching external monitors connected to my Dell Latitude notebook:Acer - max resolution 1920x1080 AOC - max resolution 2560x1440Suddenly windows setup keeps offering me only 1920x1080 resolution even for the AOC monitor.I proved that the monitor can provide 2560x1440...
  4. SSD not working any more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not working any more: I bought a new 1TB SSD for my PC ... when I first installed it, it worked fine, I allocated the space and designated the HDs letter with "diskmgmt.msc" and started transferring some files on it - i used approx. 200 GB of space, I made a "Steam" folder through Steam and then...
  5. Motu S/PDIF input does not work any more

Motu S/PDIF input does not work any more: Using a Motu UltraLite-mk3 FireWire audio interface, I suddenly encounter a problem with its S/PDIF audio input. I typically use it in the way described in https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/spdifloop, but in general, the analog audio inputs 1-8 work fine, the S/PDIF 1-2...
  6. computer does not recognize my SD cards no more

computer does not recognize my SD cards no more: my computer does not recognize my SD cards no more it work ok before updates. anyone help ive tried trouble shoot but it did not detect anything....
  7. Windows 10 does not load any more

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not load any more: Hi. I have a Dell Laptop 7000 series. I bought it in April 2014 with Windows 8.1 on it. Soon I got a message that I can upgrade it for free to windows 10, which I did! This morning I got a message that windows need to be updated and it takes a while. I clicked ok. It kept...
  8. Windows 10 updated but does not load any more

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 updated but does not load any more: Hi. I have a Dell Laptop 7000 series. I bought it in April 2014 with Windows 8.1 on it. Soon I got a message that I can upgrade it for free to windows 10, which I did! This morning I got a message that windows need to be updated and it takes a while. I clicked ok. It kept...
  9. No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?: There seems to be little or no encryption options for win 10 home users with new computers, Veracrypt will not encrypt my drive. Are there any good options to locking a computer drive that are better than the standard windows lock screen? 101438
  10. Is Mailwasher needed any more?

in Browsers and Email
    Is Mailwasher needed any more?: I use a program called Mailwasher to check emails before opening them. I can either blacklist or friends list a sender plus delete the badk emails prior to opening them in Thunderbird. Is this still necessary these days? 38659