Windows 10: Computer doesn't advertise its self on the workgroup after upgrade

Discus and support Computer doesn't advertise its self on the workgroup after upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I updated to the creator edition of Win10 (V 1703) and lost my shares. No biggie, I open network and sharing and change advanced sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dono, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Dono Win User

Computer doesn't advertise its self on the workgroup after upgrade

Hello,

I updated to the creator edition of Win10 (V 1703) and lost my shares.

No biggie, I open network and sharing and change advanced sharing settings.
    Private (Current Profile)
    Network discovery on
    File and Printer sharing on
    Use usernames and passwords to connect to other computers
    Under all networks-
    Turn on public folder sharing
    Enable file sharing for devices with 40 and 56 bit encryption
    Turn off password protected sharing.
    create a shared folder 'Series'

Computers match workgroup of 'HOME'
    Computer name not advertising is 'ENTERTAIN'

I can open the shared folder by typing \\ENTERTAIN\Series on a different computer.
    This tells me the share is working, and the host name is resolving to the ip address. The computer name just isn't advertising.

Why doesn't ENTERTAIN show under networks?

This wouldn't be a big deal, except my WDLive needs to see the computer to get to the share.

I'm sure I'm missing something silly, but I've pretty much removed all security, and this did work before the update. Thoughts anyone?

:)

Dono, Jun 9, 2017

2. The computer reboots by its self almost everyday about 12 PM

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Active Hours

Also check your Restart options

Do either of them show anything that would suggest a restart would occur around that time?

Andre Da Costa, Jun 9, 2017
  3. The computer reboots by its self almost everyday about 12 PM

The computer reboots by its self almost everyday about 12 PM

ArthurWilson1, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Dono Win User

Nevermind, I missed a check mark.

Check mark beside "turn on automatic setup of network connected devices" when you put the bullet on "Turn on network discovery"

Dono, Jun 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Computer doesn't advertise its self on the workgroup after upgrade - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't advertise

2. My pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on: My mecer pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on...again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-switching-on-its-selfand-switching-its/3d7335d0-e961-4012-b636-3254c319ec21
  3. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  4. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  5. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. computer us typing by its self

computer us typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  7. computer restarts by its self windows 10 watching kayo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer restarts by its self windows 10 watching kayo: my computer restarts by itself when watching kayo sometimes 10 min 30 min 60min . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarts-by-its-self-windows-10-watching/3471d2d7-2735-49ed-8003-e8914878e1d7
  8. Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously...: I swapped my m.2 OS drive from my current desktop to an older system that my windows account I own a genuine copy of windows 10 home bought from the Microsoft store was previously activated on for testing as it is being repurposed. Now that I've put it back in my current...
  9. Computer cursor moving to the right and spam clicking by its self.

Computer cursor moving to the right and spam clicking by its self.: A couple of days ago I started noticing weird behavior from my mouse cursor, first, my mouse cursor just started going to the right of my screen then a couple of days later it was moving to the right of my screen and spam clicking. and now every time my computer goes to sleep...
  10. Workgroup works yet doesn't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroup works yet doesn't: I have 3 pc's in my LAN Mark= Win7 32 bit Dave= Win10 32 bit HTPC = Win10 64 bit I'm trying to share the files on HTPC and have created a workgroup. Dave and Mark can share files Mark and HTPC can share files But Dave who can connect to the win7 pc through the...