Windows 10: Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by zolotoy, Feb 15, 2018.

1. zolotoy Win User

Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10

Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or inappropriately decommissioned computers.

BitLocker can encrypt the drive Windows is installed on (the removable data drive (such as an external hard drive or USB flash drive).

You can temporarily suspend (pause) BitLocker protection whenever you like for an unlocked drive encrypted by BitLocker—for example, if you need to install new software that BitLocker might otherwise block—and then resume BitLocker protection on the drive again when you're ready.

When you suspend BitLocker protection for an OS drive, it will remain unlocked and unprotected until you either manually resume BitLocker protection for the drive, or have it resume BitLocker protection automatically the next time you restart the PC.

When you suspend BitLocker protection for a fixed data drive, it will remain unlocked and unprotected until you manually resume BitLocker protection for the drive. This is even after you restart the PC.

When you suspend BitLocker protection for a removable data drive, it will remain unlocked and unprotected until you manually resume BitLocker protection for the drive. This is even after you restart the PC, or disconnect and reconnect the drive.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Resume BitLocker protection context menu from all suspended drives encrypted by BitLocker for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the "Resume BitLocker protection" context menu.

Note You will still be able to resume BitLocker protection for a drive from the Control Panel or other methods.

editions.

EXAMPLE: Add or Remove "Resume BitLocker protection" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Resume BitLocker protection" to Context Menu of Suspended Drives
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Resume_BitLocker_protection_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Resume BitLocker protection" from Context Menu of Suspended Drives
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Resume_BitLocker_protection_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

zolotoy, Feb 15, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

3. BC66 Win User
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10  

is there i can add and remove the lists on desktop context menu? Right click on desktop shows the context menu for me to add or remove the list
    thanks

4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 :)

Necrofire, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Resume

2. Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses...
  3. Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and...
  4. Add System Protection Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add System Protection Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add System Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or...
  5. Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Mount context menu allows you to mount ISO, IMG, VHD, and VHDX files as a virtual drive. This tutorial will show you how to add or...
  6. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  7. Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Manage BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...
  8. Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...
  9. Add Suspend BitLocker protection to Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Suspend BitLocker protection to Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Suspend BitLocker protection to Context Menu in Windows How to Add 'Suspend BitLocker protection' to Context Menu of Drives in Windows [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can...
  10. Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Turn on BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can...