Windows 10: Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation

Discus and support Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a similar issue where my PC will NOT turn off my screens after the default time I set. I can set it again and it works for a bit, then it quits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Access Denied, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation

I have a similar issue where my PC will NOT turn off my screens after the default time I set. I can set it again and it works for a bit, then it quits working. Try setting up your sleep timers and all again. See if it works then.

Access Denied, Apr 4, 2018

2. So I just installed 3 x 120mm corsair ll series fans, + X62 liquid cooler.

Since then, my PC won't go to sleep anymore! I can leave it for hours and it keeps on running. I updated my drivers, i typed 'Powercfg ... " in my CMD and theres nothing running in the backgroud that's making my pc not go to sleep.

Help !

:)

normaldood, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Anabase61 Win User
    Windows 10 system refuses to sleep

I configured power options accordingly:

- screen: 10 minutes

- sleep: 30 minutes

i also unchecked the wake up option on Network card .

The screen goes black after 10 minutes, that's fine,

but after 30 minutes, the computer doesn't go to sleep. The fan is working the lights are still on.

In the Eventlog, i have event 42 (going to sleep), but 3 seconds later, event 107 (resuming from sleep), systematically.

Any clue ?

Anabase61, Apr 8, 2018
  4. sjohn_az Win User

Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation

Windows sleep mode--computer won't stay asleep

I usually manual enter sleep mode on my computer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can put the computer to sleep but several minutes later the computer "wakes up" again. I have no problems initially going into sleep mode. Computer fan stops, HD stops etc.
    It just doesn't want to stay asleep. Any suggestions?

S. Johnson

sjohn_az, Apr 8, 2018
  5. Does the new fan system show up as a "device" in device manager?
    If so ... does this device have power/wakeup settings?

margrave55, Apr 8, 2018
  6. I have no clue...
    I dont see anything about my fans or CPU cooler in device manager

normaldood, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation

1. Computer doesn't go to sleep after fan installation - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't sleep

2. Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11: My relatively new 2 months Windows 11 computer would previously go to sleep after the timeout set in power plan, but recently it no longer goes to sleep at timeout. However, I have the computer set to go to sleep when I press the power switch, and this works....
  3. Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't go to sleep after time set - Windows 11: My relatively new 2 months Windows 11 computer would previously go to sleep after the timeout set in power plan, but recently it no longer goes to sleep at timeout. However, I have the computer set to go to sleep when I press the power switch, and this works....
  4. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  5. PC Doesn't Go To Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Doesn't Go To Sleep: Hello,I have a windows 10. I'm having issues where my computer doesn't go to sleep for the second time. Let me explain, when my computer is turned on and then I put it to sleep, it does go to sleep. However, when I wake my computer back on and then put it back to sleep again,...
  6. Computer doesn't go to sleep

Computer doesn't go to sleep: Greetings, My computer is no longer going to sleep by itself. I can force it to sleep by clicking Start > Power > Sleep, but I would like to find why sleep mode is no longer working and fix it. I ran System File Checker. It said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  7. My computer doesn't go to sleep

My computer doesn't go to sleep: hey guys, so i'm having a weird issue with my machine. it works great, i actually just reinstalled windows about two weeks ago but it seems the sleep doesn't work. what i mean is going to sleep after 20 minutes, turning off display, not even the screen saver works. things i...
  8. Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate

Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep or hibernate: I have a Lenovo desktop that will not go into sleep or hibernate mode. When I select sleep or hibernate from the start menu the display goes to sleep but the pc continues to run. I have tried formating the hard drive and installing a new copy of the OS and have all the latest...
  9. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep!: Hi! My computer doesn't go to sleep. My monitor turn off as i want but the pc not rather, i notice that power consumption pass from 24W to 27-30W. Therefore i use Windows Performance analyzer and i find that after 100s, the process "logonUI.exe" start and use 2/3% of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc doesnt sleep after fan change