Windows 10: Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update

Discus and support Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anytime I restart my computer or the power goes off it doesn't restart correctly. Basically, there is a black screen with a spinning circle with dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jwdesign, Aug 22, 2016.

1. jwdesign Win User

Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update

Anytime I restart my computer or the power goes off it doesn't restart correctly. Basically, there is a black screen with a spinning circle with dots and it will stay that way for hours. The only solution I've found is to insert the windows 10 anniversary update usb I made and do a startup repair. But it keeps happening again and again.

However, if I shut it down normally, it starts back up just fine.

When I first installed the anniversary update it got stuck. I left the computer on for 12 hours with no progress (same spinning icon). However, I pressed the button and it fixed the installation. *Mad

:)

jwdesign, Aug 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 anniversary update restart options not available

I am aware of that option. I use my computer constantly, and I want to regulate when the restart is done.

This option doesn't help me. Like I said in the post, the "Restart option" is not longer working after the Windows 10 anniversary update.

recipetogo, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 aniversory update

Hi Mohammad,

I suggest you to hard restart your computer by unplugging all external device excluding keyboard and mouse. If you are able to go to desktop I suggest you to check if the anniversary update Is installed correctly. If not reinstall anniversary update. Hope
    this information helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update

1. Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't restart

2. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't boot correctly after update: My PC will not boot windows correctly and the auto repair is unable to diagnose the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-boot-correctly-after-update/fe54b03c-5a9c-4c00-95c8-7b461ce15275
  3. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't boot correctly after update: My PC will not boot windows correctly and the auto repair is unable to diagnose the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-boot-correctly-after-update/fe54b03c-5a9c-4c00-95c8-7b461ce15275
  4. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer will not restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not restart after update: After the last windows update my computer kept restarting I decided to restore my computer, but now it will not accept my live.com password. I changed my password and it will still not accept the password. I can now get to the command prompt, but that is the only thing I can...
  6. Computer Doesn't Restart After BSOD Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Doesn't Restart After BSOD Error: I was watching a video on Microsoft Edge and suddenly, my computer bluescreened. Soon it was at %100, but it wouldn't restart. It was stuck saying it was at %100. My sister's computer doesn't ever even get the BSOD. I had to cold boot my computer to boot it up again. Could...
  7. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  8. Computer UNBEARABLY SLOW After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer UNBEARABLY SLOW After Anniversary Update: My computer is unbearably slow after the Anniversary Update. Tried everything I can think of, which is basically CCleaner and SFC /SCANNOW. Nothing has seemed to work. What should I do? My version of Windows 10 x64 is a free upgrade from Windows 7, if that means anything...
  9. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...