Windows 10: Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update

Discus and support Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anytime I restart my computer or the power goes off it doesn't restart correctly. Basically, there is a black screen with a spinning circle with dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jwdesign, Aug 22, 2016.

1. jwdesign Win User

Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update

Anytime I restart my computer or the power goes off it doesn't restart correctly. Basically, there is a black screen with a spinning circle with dots and it will stay that way for hours. The only solution I've found is to insert the windows 10 anniversary update usb I made and do a startup repair. But it keeps happening again and again.

However, if I shut it down normally, it starts back up just fine.

When I first installed the anniversary update it got stuck. I left the computer on for 12 hours with no progress (same spinning icon). However, I pressed the button and it fixed the installation. *Mad

:)

jwdesign, Aug 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 anniversary update restart options not available

I am aware of that option. I use my computer constantly, and I want to regulate when the restart is done.

This option doesn't help me. Like I said in the post, the "Restart option" is not longer working after the Windows 10 anniversary update.

recipetogo, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 aniversory update

Hi Mohammad,

I suggest you to hard restart your computer by unplugging all external device excluding keyboard and mouse. If you are able to go to desktop I suggest you to check if the anniversary update Is installed correctly. If not reinstall anniversary update. Hope
    this information helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update

1. Computer doesn't restart correctly after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't restart

2. Computer not restarting / rebooting after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not restarting / rebooting after update: I downloaded the new windows update 2 days ago and it prompted me to log into my email. I didnt have my pw to hand so turned off the computer. Once i turned it back on it has been stuck on a blue screen giving a variety of troubleshooting options. I first tried to restart,...
  3. Computer will not restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not restart after update: After the last windows update my computer kept restarting I decided to restore my computer, but now it will not accept my live.com password. I changed my password and it will still not accept the password. I can now get to the command prompt, but that is the only thing I can...
  4. Computer stuck in restarting after update

Computer stuck in restarting after update: after updating my computer it did a restart and it has been stuck since that and wouldn’t stop. my computer is Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-81KB and using Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Computer doesn't restart after reaching 100% in BSOD

Computer doesn't restart after reaching 100% in BSOD: Hi, as title stated, my PC doesn't restart automatically after reaching 100% after BSOD. It used to restart but since, I guess, last 2 Windows update it doesn't do it automatically anymore. I've checked that I turned on the automatic restart in System Properties/System...
  6. Computer won’t restart after updating

Computer won’t restart after updating: A while back I attempted to download the windows 10 update. Everything went smoothy until my MSI laptop had to restart. When it did, it went to the MSI logo screen, and stays there for eternity. I had windows reinstalled, and whenI tried to update it again the same thing...
  7. Computer Doesn't Restart After BSOD Error

Computer Doesn't Restart After BSOD Error: I was watching a video on Microsoft Edge and suddenly, my computer bluescreened. Soon it was at %100, but it wouldn't restart. It was stuck saying it was at %100. My sister's computer doesn't ever even get the BSOD. I had to cold boot my computer to boot it up again. Could...
  8. After the last update my printer doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    After the last update my printer doesn't work correctly: after the last update of Microsoft my printer doesn't work well, it stays frozen when it is printing some document, I have to restart it constantly. I need to solve this...
  9. Windows Service sometimes doesn't start after computer restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Service sometimes doesn't start after computer restart: I made an .NET application that runs as a windows service with a startup type set to "Automatic". Sometimes after computer restart, service doesn't start. I have set NLog logging and Event Logs on start of Main and OnStart methods and after that start after restart "failure"...
  10. Computer UNBEARABLY SLOW After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer UNBEARABLY SLOW After Anniversary Update: My computer is unbearably slow after the Anniversary Update. Tried everything I can think of, which is basically CCleaner and SFC /SCANNOW. Nothing has seemed to work. What should I do? My version of Windows 10 x64 is a free upgrade from Windows 7, if that means anything...