Windows 10: Computer doesn't shut down by itself.

Discus and support Computer doesn't shut down by itself. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I click the windows10 icon and option comes; shut down. I press that one and I see stars going round the circle but computer doesn't shut down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nijjhar, Nov 30, 2015.

1. nijjhar Win User

Computer doesn't shut down by itself.

Hi,

I click the windows10 icon and option comes; shut down. I press that one and I see stars going round the circle but computer doesn't shut down.

Overnight it remained same. Next morning, I had to shut down manually.

Why?

:)

nijjhar, Nov 30, 2015

2. My computer shut down by itself while using Google Chrome in Windows 10 since the last update

Warning Message 7:00:57 PM

Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications. Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197571 for more information.

Error Message 7:00:57 PM

The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) firmware on this PC has a known security problem. Please contact your PC manufacturer to find out if an update is available. For more information please go to {{windowTitle}}

Error Message: 7:00:48 PM

The previous system shutdown at 6:58:14 PM on ‎12/‎7/‎2017 was unexpected.

Warning Message: 7:00:37 PM

The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x491f7fffff; got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

Critical Message: 7:00:27 PM

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Information Message: 6:42:09 PM

The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from auto start to demand start.

Information Message: 6:39:27 PM

The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.

StanSmith88, Nov 30, 2015
  3. My computer shut down by itself while using Google Chrome in Windows 10 since the last update

It could suggest you need to update your chipset drivers and BIOS.

I recommend you update the most critical ones: BIOS, Chipset, Display Driver, Network adapters.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Try turning off Fast Startup: How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10
    Also disable Hibernation.

Open a Elevated Command Prompt: Right click on the Start menu button and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    Type powercfg h off and press Enter.
    Reboot.

Test shutdown, see if it works now.

Ztruker, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Elidea Win User
    Hi,

I tried this procedure, but I got the message: Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error (0x65b) has occurred: Function failed during execution.

Elidea, Dec 16, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Open Settings, in box type power, in drop down menu click on Power Options.
    Click on Choose what power buttons do....then you can click on drop down menu to change options...see attachment.

dencal, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Elidea Win User
    I've tried this also, before asking for support. The problem got so strong that the computer stopped working. Then, talking to my sister, she adviced me to take off the battery for some minutes and put it back on. Problem solved!
    Thanks anyway! I hope my reply can help anyone else.

Elidea, Dec 18, 2016
  8. mrgeek Win User

Command Prompt (Admin)
    Type powercfg h off and press Enter.
    Reboot.

Test shutdown, see if it works now.

Hi, I tried this procedure, but I got the message: Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error (0x65b) has occurred: Function failed during execution.

The correct command is powercfg -h off {replace off with on to turn back on}
    I've had recent issues with hibernation not reloading items correctly and turned off, which will also auto turn off Fast Startup. No issues using Standby or Shut Down now. Will maybe trun back on in few days to see if hybersys file will rebuild correctly. Good Luck.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer doesn't shut down by itself. - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't shut

2. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!: For the last several months and with increasing frequency, my up-to-date windows 10 shuts itself down. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or not doing and it occurs from severa times each day to more than a half dozen times per day. There are no error messages but occassionally...
  3. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!: For the last several months and with increasing frequency, my up-to-date windows 10 shuts itself down. It doesn't matter what I'm doing or not doing and it occurs from severa times each day to more than a half dozen times per day. There are no error messages but occassionally...
  4. WINDOWS SHUTS ITSELF DOWN!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop shuts down by itself.

Laptop shuts down by itself.: It's been a day now that I have been getting this problem.. My laptop suddenly, out of nowhere decides to shut down after like 45 mins of usage. I thought it is because of overheating though I do not do any heavy gaming or work. The fan is functioning properly I tried...
  6. My computer is shutting down by itself

My computer is shutting down by itself: My PC shuts down by itself after being on 24 hours or so sometimes longer sometimes within a day. When I restart it it has to load META data and usually finishes up the POST and loads Windows. Any ideas? Or can anyone tell me where to find the error logs for windows and what...
  7. Laptop shuts down by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down by itself.: My laptop shuts itself down as soon as left idle for a short amount of time. Have to press power button for a long time before screen becomes alive again and then message appears in upper left hand corner that system did not shut down cleanly. It then goes through some...
  8. PC shut itself down then sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC shut itself down then sound doesn't work: Hi, Yesterday when I closed the lid, a while later it seemed to have shut itself down, and now it won't recognize its own speakers, the only way I can have sound now is to plug in additional speakers, or use my wireless headset. I have checked in the "Updates" tab in the...
  9. My Computer Keeps Shutting Down by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down by itself: How can I fix this problem.Is there anyone who can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself/bfef363a-92f0-4c54-9265-6933ec3ce59a
  10. Need help computer shuts down By itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help computer shuts down By itself: Hi, I'm having a problem when I'm on my computer programming or playing a game, my system just shuts down by its self , and when I have closed all windows, its fine all day. Like I will be playing a online game and if anything is open it works for like 5 minutes then it just...