Windows 10: computer fail to boot

Discus and support computer fail to boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get this message when my computer is switched on. 1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure. Failing Drive: SATAO Failing Attribute: #05... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChenKwee Fah, Aug 18, 2018.

1. computer fail to boot

I get this message when my computer is switched on.

1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure.

Failing Drive: SATAO

Failing Attribute: #05

Have to press F1 to continue booting.

:)

ChenKwee Fah, Aug 18, 2018

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Bundy Win User
    Computer fails to fully boot up

Does it start to boot the OS or is crashing before then? Suggest when you are checking the cables, pay special attention to GPU power.

Bundy, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

computer fail to boot

Computer won't boot and hdd has failed? Error 2000-0142?

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• What exactly happens when you connect USB to the system? Is it getting detected or not?
    If your PC does not detect the media automatically then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the
        BIOS Setup.

• Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled
        Boot Order, Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.

• Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
        Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.

• Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select
        yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    Warning:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure
      to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.
    And also I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the step given by Linney (MVP) and check if it helps.

windows 10 upgrade failed, no bootable device

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

computer fail to boot

1. computer fail to boot - Similar Threads - computer fail boot

2. Fail to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail to boot: My Asus Vivobook is on window 11. All of a sudden, it froze. I used the power key to do a forced shut down. After it was turned back on, the screen showed “preparing automatic repair” then showed a blue screen of “BitLocker”and asked me to “Enter the recovery key to get going...
  3. Fail to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fail to boot: My Asus Vivobook is on window 11. All of a sudden, it froze. I used the power key to do a forced shut down. After it was turned back on, the screen showed “preparing automatic repair” then showed a blue screen of “BitLocker”and asked me to “Enter the recovery key to get going...
  4. Booting fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting fails: I can only passed on the sign in page. After sign in nothing happens. It will not show loading icon as well. After putting password and press enter nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-fails/a39a138e-2466-4591-897c-75efd137b453
  5. Booting fails

Booting fails: I can only passed on the sign in page. After sign in nothing happens. It will not show loading icon as well. After putting password and press enter nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-fails/a39a138e-2466-4591-897c-75efd137b453
  6. Booting fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset: Hello,I've had this computer for around 5-4 years so i was expecting it to fail me at some point, my problem is my pc froze and crashed when i tried to reboot it took me to automatic repair loop where i cannot do any of the functions available to me as they end in an error...
  8. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset: Hello,I've had this computer for around 5-4 years so i was expecting it to fail me at some point, my problem is my pc froze and crashed when i tried to reboot it took me to automatic repair loop where i cannot do any of the functions available to me as they end in an error...
  9. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Failed booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed booting: My windows is failing to boot, and i can't even do a recovery or something on it because that fails too, the only thing that works properly is my bios. Every time i try to strart my pc at some point it freezes and sometimes is says that it has an error while booting, but...