Windows 10: Computer freezes if not in immediate use

Discus and support Computer freezes if not in immediate use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer runs perfectly fine if I'm at the helm and typing, or doing anything basically. But if I leave my computer, watch tv for 5-10 minutes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CaelSX, Jul 16, 2016.

1. CaelSX Win User

Computer freezes if not in immediate use

My computer runs perfectly fine if I'm at the helm and typing, or doing anything basically. But if I leave my computer, watch tv for 5-10 minutes and come back it's frozen...

well, not exactly frozen, but it takes minutes for even the windows bar to load. Every action becomes very very slow. It resets upon restarting the computer, and I can go about doing everything normally unless I walk away from the computer for a short while then it slows.

If I put my computer to sleep, it comes back fine as well; which seems to be the only way to walk away from the computer unfortunately. I've searched many ways to fix "freezing" and haven't had much luck finding similar slowing down problems anywhere on the internet. Reinstalled windows 10 as well and it doesn't seem to help.

I have a pretty old computer I put the parts together myself, but it's worked fine for 5-6 years at this point. I'm not sure what would be failing first though, but I am in the market for upgrades soon. I use a SSD if that impacts the situation any.

:)

CaelSX, Jul 16, 2016
  2. razvan99x Win User

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

how can any one press something when the computer freeze immediate that start ? stupid ms

razvan99x, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Freezing and repeated Windows Features pop up for install - Windows 10

I don't have access to another computer. I was able to get the computer to come on correctly.

OS build 14393.0

Version 1607

Not sure how long I'll be able to do anything on it. Previously it has been either immediately freezing or anywhere between 30 seconds and 5 minutes before freezing.

Michelle.Pack, Jul 16, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Maybe it's entering suspension state?. Check Energy settings.

eLPuSHeR, Jul 16, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    Open Settings and type power....see attachments.

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer freezes if not in immediate use - Similar Threads - Computer freezes immediate

2. Computer freezes, makes a buzzing sound, BSODs and then immediately restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes, makes a buzzing sound, BSODs and then immediately restarts: So recently, when I have been playing a game roblox, my PC occasionally freezes, then a loud buzzing noise comes from speakers, then after about 10 seconds it crashes, blue screen of death comes up for a second or two and then it immediately restarts. Roblox isn't...
  3. Computer freezes, makes a buzzing sound, BSODs and then immediately restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes, makes a buzzing sound, BSODs and then immediately restarts: So recently, when I have been playing a game roblox, my PC occasionally freezes, then a loud buzzing noise comes from speakers, then after about 10 seconds it crashes, blue screen of death comes up for a second or two and then it immediately restarts. Roblox isn't...
  4. My pc freezes then crashes immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes then crashes immediately.: Hello, I tried uninstalling my graphic card driver completely, removing temp files, etc. Here's my minidump: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18RH-RwDB9bctg6RP9vQKpOpNCxIdLwHr?usp=sharing...
  5. My pc freezes then crashes Immediately

My pc freezes then crashes Immediately: So for example when I'm playing games or just browsing the Internet my screen freezes and after a few seconds my pc crashes. I tried reinstalling my graphic card driver and running the /checkhealth, /restorehealth, scannow commands in the command prompt. Then I deleted temp...
  6. is using the computer immediately after it open fine?

is using the computer immediately after it open fine?: hello ive been always hearing my family when i was young always tell me when i turn on the computer and see the desktop and everything to wait a bit bcs its harmful if u use the pc immediately and now here i am still wondering if this is trueis it ok to use the pc after it...
  7. is using the computer immediately after it open fine?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is using the computer immediately after it open fine?: hello ive been always hearing my family when i was young always tell me when i turn on the computer and see the desktop and everything to wait a bit bcs its harmful if u use the pc immediately and now here i am still wondering if this is trueis it ok to use the pc after it...
  8. is using the computer immediately after it open fine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen: I have been using my Pc for about 2 years and had no real problems. However recently i went to bed with my computer working fine and woke up to getting to the login screen and it immediately freezing. Done multiple things like removing ram trying other ram and memory...
  10. Frustrating: Computer freezes immediately upon startup...

in Windows 10 Support
    Frustrating: Computer freezes immediately upon startup...: Try booting into Safe Mode. I then suggest using Autoruns to check all startup programs / services / tasks. Look or search for anything related to Verizon and disable that. You need to peruse the startup profiles in Autoruns for all users.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. If computer on and walk away for 10 minutes will it damage computer

2. computer freezes up if I walk away for 5 minutes