Windows 10: Computer Freezing at Boot

Discus and support Computer Freezing at Boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I have had no luck. My sister for her birthday got a new laptop (Dell Latitude E6420 Intel i5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Joshua, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Joshua Win User

Computer Freezing at Boot

Hey guys, I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I have had no luck. My sister for her birthday got a new laptop (Dell Latitude E6420 Intel i5 2540m at 2.6 ghz). I did the free Windows 10 upgrade for her, and when the computer is starting from a shut down, it goes to a black screen with the mouse, and the mouse is frozen. There is nothing I can do but hold down the power button to shut it down. When I reboot it like that it works fine. I was just wondering why I have to boot it twice for it to work properly. *Rolleyes

:)

Joshua, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Maxsoury Win User

Computer freezes on boot

When ever i try to boot my computer to either a disk, a usb, or the operating system on the drive it freezes on start up or in the middle of loading files.

Maxsoury, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Computer freezes on boot

How long did you wait to determine the system is not responding?

Try disconnecting any non-essential external devices you might have attached to the system to isolate the issue.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Computer Freezing at Boot

I've been having that issue lately on a self-built system I have that's been running 10 this past year. It's been more where the system will randomly freeze and cause the system drive light to stay totally light and be killed and restarted.

I can't say for sure what's going on with mine or your sister's laptop. I'd have to make a random guess there's a Windows 10 bug causing that especially if it's a brand new system. Check for any Windows Updates, there is a huge 325 MB release that was pushed out today intended to spray some digital bug-b-gone.

Coke Robot, Aug 5, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    Make sure that it has the latest drivers. can check to see if have the latest drivers by clicking the blue "Detect Drivers" button on this page: Product Support | Dell US
    Dell has not confirmed whether the device is compatible with Windows 10 or not, yet, but the Windows 8.1 drivers should be working. If it has old Windows 7 drivers that were carried over from the operating system before the upgrade, that could be a factor. Or she could back up her files and could do a clean install, since upgrades don't always go right. can also check out this article if want to go back to Windows 7 or whatever had before the upgrade: How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1

6. Joshua Win User
    Thanks guys, I'll try to update, and check the drivers... etc. If all else fails I'll do a clean install.

Joshua, Aug 5, 2015
  7. swanlake Win User
    I had the same problem with my wife's computer . this should take care of the problem click on settings then click on system ,click on power & sleep click on additional power settings ,click on what the power buttons do click change settings that are currently unavailable uncheck turn on fast startup. Hope this helps.

swanlake, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Joshua Win User

Swanlake I think that solved the problem! I just hope the problem doesn't come back. Thanks!

Joshua, Aug 6, 2015
  9. I am also having a same problem.please suggest me if u find the solution

Pratyush Dhingr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Freezing at Boot - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing Boot

2. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  3. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  4. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Freeze on Loading Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freeze on Loading Boot: Motherboard: ASRock Z390 CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz RAM: 32GB G. Skill 16GB x2 DDR4-3200 Storage: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Problem: So I was using my computer normally a one day it just stop working, at first it...
  6. My computer freezes on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes on boot up: My computer freezes when I try to boot it up, even when I try to go and troubleshoot it it goes straight to automatic repair and freezes, I tried to reset it before but it just didn’t work any solutions? Also when it goes into automatic repair the screen goes black and a cmd...
  7. Computer Freezes On Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Freezes On Boot: So, this morning when I was trying to boot up my 3 month old gaming pc, everything seemed normal, until I got to the windows boot screen. Upon reaching that, the dots completely froze. I tried hard resetting until I got to auto-repair, but that froze too. I also had a Windows...
  8. boot times and constant computer freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    boot times and constant computer freeze: i bought a new dell laptop 2 weeks ago .i Its a dell laptop 4 gigs of ram.The cpu is an Intel i-7 and 320 hard drive. problem long boot time 3-4 minutes sometimes longer. the only programs i run is u torrent , Firefox, opera and bs player. The programs usually freeze for 2-3...
  9. Computer freezes when Windows is booting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes when Windows is booting: My computer freezes a few minutes after I start booting Windows. It freezes completely, I cannot move a mouse and have to do hard shut down. My computer runs two OS, apart from Windows I have Kubuntu installed which works without any problems. This issue appeared 6 months ago...
  10. Freezing dots when computer is booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing dots when computer is booting: Whenever i try opening my computer, it loads the booting screen where I can press F12 or F2 to choose between setup options and boot options but on the very next screen as soon as the dot appear the screen freezes and it never unfreezes. I cannot access to safe mode or...