Windows 10: Computer freezing at login screen

Discus and support Computer freezing at login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, My computer started freezing at the login screen yesterday. I cant do anything with it anymore since it disables all the usb, and keyboard/mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sermudkip, Jun 6, 2017.

1. sermudkip Win User

Computer freezing at login screen

hi,

My computer started freezing at the login screen yesterday. I cant do anything with it anymore since it disables all the usb, and keyboard/mouse ports. I have reinstalled windows and installed all my drivers again, but it freezes at normal windows updates which is kind of odd.

Is there a way to fix this?

cheers,

:)

sermudkip, Jun 6, 2017

2. Unable to reach login screen. Stuck at Windows icon.

Original Title: Windows 10 login screen

Login screen never shows. I turn computer on the Window icon shows and it spins like it's loading then freezes and goes to blue screen. Can't get to start button to do anything

KathrynHawkins_63, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Vidgeotto Win User
    Windows 10 not responding

As of last night my computer installed and upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. This morning when I attempted to login to my computer, every time I type in my password and login, the whole entire login screen would freeze and not respond.

Vidgeotto, Jun 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, which build of Windows are you using?
    - the Anniversary Edition
    - the Creator's update (the current one). (CU)
    - Home/Pro

Have you recently upgraded to the CU?
    Or were you running Win 10 for some time and this suddenly started to happen?
    How old is your PC?

Please check if your PC/MBO is listed as compatible with Win 10. e.g.
    ASUS Motherboards - Ready For Windows 10

May I ask why you felt you had to install drivers? Win 10 provides the drivers you need for basic PC use- there should be no need to specifically download drivers for your PC unless either
    - you have missing drivers
    - the driver provided demonstrates an incompatibility

How did you do this?

Basics:
    Please add details of your disk(s) to your specs.

As your PC won't boot, please download Kyhi's boot disk from the top of the Software and Apps section here.
    Boot your PC from it; you will see its desktop where you downloaded it.
    Run HDTune to check your disk(s) and post a picture/screenshot of that for each disk.
    to post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post.

Having done a clean install, you mention updates, so presumably you can get to Safe Mode e.g. via SHIFT + left click + restart. Does Safe Mode work ok?

Thanks

dalchina, Jun 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Computer freezing at login screen - Similar Threads - Computer freezing login

2. Computer freezes on this screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes on this screen.: My computer will not work it says I need to reset. But every time it gets to this screen it freezes and I'm not able to choose either option. I've unplugged the computer 3 times and started over from the beginning but every time it gets to this screen it freezes. Please help....
  3. PC freezes in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes in login screen: Hello, I have a huge problem with my Pc. The Pc ist freezing, when im getting into the login screen. Rarely, i can log in to the Pc and run it without any Problem, but as soon i restart, im getting stuck again....
  4. PC freezes in login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes in login screen: Hello, I have a huge problem with my Pc. The Pc ist freezing, when im getting into the login screen. Rarely, i can log in to the Pc and run it without any Problem, but as soon i restart, im getting stuck again....
  5. Windows Freezes on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Freezes on Login Screen: Hello, My computer sometimes freezes on login screen, becomes unresponsive. This only happens on login screen. I tried reverting to an older image but still same. This is new hardware. I've got i9 10900K and msi zeg 490 mother board 32 gb 4000mhz ram. I also tried sfc...
  6. Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer immediately freezes at startup/login screen: I have been using my Pc for about 2 years and had no real problems. However recently i went to bed with my computer working fine and woke up to getting to the login screen and it immediately freezing. Done multiple things like removing ram trying other ram and memory...
  7. Laptop freezes on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezes on login screen: My computer is Dell Inspiron 3537. After recent update of Windows 10 about two weeks ago I received a video card error on my laptop. It asked me to reboot. I rebooted the computer and it started freezing before login screen appears. Reboot in safe mode works. I did clean...
  8. Intermittent freezing at login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent freezing at login screen: I've recently built a new Windows 10 PC and have found that the login page intermittently freezes after boot, followed by a reboot. When the PC freezed, it is generally before I can enter my password/PIN. I found some similar issues reported here that suggested the...
  9. Freezing in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezing in Login Screen: Hello, My computer keeps freezing at the login screen of Windows 10, requiring a reset. I scanned for corrupt files, no issues. My drivers are up to date. I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 and the problem continues. What can you recommend?...
  10. Computer freezes on login and restarts.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer freezes on login and restarts.: Hi. So yesterday I installed Windows 10 on my computer via Windows update. (First went here Home page - Windows Insider Program and followed the steps) It installed normally, after it was done I got the login screen. I typed my password and pressed "next" but my computer...