Windows 10: Computer giving me BSODs when gaming

Discus and support Computer giving me BSODs when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having a problem with my computer giving me BSODs for the past month or so when gaming. I only get these BSODs when gaming and never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Phoenix VII, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Computer giving me BSODs when gaming

Hello, I've been having a problem with my computer giving me BSODs for the past month or so when gaming. I only get these BSODs when gaming and never in any other situation. It also seems rather random, yesterday I had no crashes, the day before I did, the day before that I didn't, but today it crashed twice within the matter of minutes each time, so the problem seems to be worse now.

I am wondering if my video card is going bad, I did try to overclock it when I got it but didn't manage to get a stable overclock and reverted it to factory settings afterwards. But it has been working fine for months and, like I said, I've not gotten a single crash outside of games. Also, when I get a BSOD, the computer makes a very loud buzzing noise until it reboots.

:)

Phoenix VII, Jul 7, 2016
  2. JETMANTIM Win User

BSOD Help DMP file

So I've been getting a BSOD when I game and skype at the same time from my computer that's only a few months old, and it's been happening more frequently. I have no idea what is causing it, and it's worrying me because I could be damaging my other parts
    as well. If anyone could give me input as to why I am getting this BSOD, please let me know as it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BSOD May 20.dmp

JETMANTIM, Jul 7, 2016
  3. BSOD with Nvidia driver

ok no BSOD yet but i don't have nVidia Streaming Kernel service on the services just this , but on my Nvidia Support forums post that i made someone said they had the same problem with the new driver
    so they rolled back to a old one and it worked for him https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/954050/geforce-700-600-series/bsod-with-nvidia-driver-only/ , o ya one more thing i can play my games when i always install it but once i stop doing things
    on my computer or start clicking programs my computer freezes or BSOD but i thought if it was my nvidia hardware my games wouldn't work and freeze my games ? and the picture i gave is without nvidia experience i think if i had that on nvidia stream would be
    on the services , but if it does give me another BSOD now i will give another dump with the things you told me to do on the post you gave me.
    Computer giving me BSODs when gaming [​IMG]

KenLanouette, Jul 7, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Computer giving me BSODs when gaming

Only one dump in the zip file you uploaded. Are you running CCleaner or similar program? If so stop until this problem is resolved so we can get more dumps to look at.

The dump you uploaded has no useful info in it.

Here are some things you can do to see if you can shake out a more solid problem.

1. Test your RAM
    2, Run Driver Verifier
    3. Stress test CPU.
    4. Stress test GPU.

===============================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Follow this tutorials to stress test your GPU:

FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

If you have a AMD APU instead of a discreet GPU, try UNIGINE 3D Benchmark..

Ztruker, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

Computer giving me BSODs when gaming

1. Computer giving me BSODs when gaming - Similar Threads - Computer giving BSODs

2. nvidia and/or microsoft giving me BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia and/or microsoft giving me BSOD: so a few days ago, i bought a new pc and it gave me the bsod every time i boot up the pc and so i reinstalled windows 10 my current cpu doesnt meet the requirements for windows 11 and after i do that, i try to download geforce experience because my gpu GTX 970 doesnt show up...
  3. nvidia and/or microsoft giving me BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia and/or microsoft giving me BSOD: so a few days ago, i bought a new pc and it gave me the bsod every time i boot up the pc and so i reinstalled windows 10 my current cpu doesnt meet the requirements for windows 11 and after i do that, i try to download geforce experience because my gpu GTX 970 doesnt show up...
  4. nvidia and/or microsoft giving me BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Just got a new computer and Game Bar is giving me static when trying to record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just got a new computer and Game Bar is giving me static when trying to record: Game bar is recording static when there is none. It isn't from a microphone since I don't have it enabled. Can anyone help me with this, I was excited to record game footage using this new computer. It happens with all games.Here's a video link for an example:...
  6. Just got a new computer and Game Bar is giving me static when trying to record

Just got a new computer and Game Bar is giving me static when trying to record: Game bar is recording static when there is none. It isn't from a microphone since I don't have it enabled. Can anyone help me with this, I was excited to record game footage using this new computer. It happens with all games.Here's a video link for an example:...
  7. My computer keeps giving me a BSOD Please help!

My computer keeps giving me a BSOD Please help!: This is my Build: Asrock 970a-G/3.1 Amd FX 8350 DDR3 Gskill Ripjaw 16 GB 1333hz MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova 650w Corsair Case Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler Below are Mini Dumps I have collected from numerous crashes BSOD. There are only 4 minidumps below but...
  8. Computer freezes randomly and will sometime give me a BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER c2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer freezes randomly and will sometime give me a BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER c2: Hello, My computer is roughly 8 years old except for the video card that I upgraded back in April to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super. For the last couple of weeks, it is randomly freezing. I'm forced to turn it off and then back on. Once in a while I will get a BSOD....
  9. Computer is giving me black screens while playing games

Computer is giving me black screens while playing games: When I play games on my computer, my screen goes black, my LED lights on my fan start flickering, and I can't do anything but turn off my computer and restart, and even when I restart, my LED lights are still flickering, and the same thing happens when I try and play a game,...
  10. Latest update gives me BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update gives me BSOD: I have been pausing the update for weeks now. It will continue in the start of August and im super scared that i wont be able to use my pc again. I tried updating my pc a couple times with no luck...I just get the blue screen of death. My only option is to do a system...