Windows 10: Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command

Discus and support Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've gone into the power & sleep settings, even the advanced power settings and set all to one hour, yet the computer still goes to sleep after 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mhansen2, Mar 4, 2017.

1. mhansen2 Win User

Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command

I've gone into the power & sleep settings, even the advanced power settings and set all to one hour, yet the computer still goes to sleep after 2 minutes if left alone. Help.

Thanks,

Mike

:)

mhansen2, Mar 4, 2017
  2. Clark Ari Win User

My computer goes to sleep mode within 1-2 minutes of me not touching it.

We'd like to know if you've tried running the Power Troubleshooter on the link that we've provided. If yes, can you tell us if there is any results?

We're looking forward to your response.

Clark Ari, Mar 4, 2017
  3. My computer goes to sleep mode within 1-2 minutes of me not touching it.

My computer goes into sleep mode within 1-2 minutes of me not touching it. The settings say 10 minutes for batter power and 15 minutes for plugged in. I have tried putting it to Never, but it doesn't change anything. Then I tried putting it back to default,
    but that didn't change anything either. Any ideas of how to get it to stop? It's a brand-new (6 weeks) Windows 10 Lenovo computer.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

SydneySohler, Mar 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this has been discussed many times as you can see:

Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command [​IMG]

Please try searching the forum for
    sleep after two minutes
    for example - 1st read the 'Solved' threads. You may find a solution there.

Keep a record of what you've tried- and if no luck, post back listing what you've tried. Good luck!

dalchina, Mar 4, 2017
  5. mhansen2 Win User
    Thanks for steering me in the right direction, but nothing seems to help, yet.

These are the settings I use.

Power & Sleep
    Screen
    On battery power, turn off after 5 min.
    When plugged in “ 20 min
    Sleep
    On battery power, PC goes to sleep after 5 min
    When plugged in “ 20 min

Additional Power Settings
    Customize a power plan
    Plan 1
    Turn off the display on battery 5 min
    Plugged in 20 min
    Put the computer to sleep on battery 5 min
    Plugged in 20 min

Advanced Settings
    Turn off hard disk after
    On battery: 5 min
    Plugged in: 20 min
    Sleep
    Sleep after:
    On battery: 5 min
    Plugged in: 20 min
    Allow hybrid sleep: Off for both battery & plugged in
    Hibernate after: Never

mhansen2, Mar 5, 2017
  6. Win10Pro Win User
    1. Even though not directly related to your problem: Win + X / Power options / Choose what the power button does / Check power button options

2. While still there uncheck "Turn on fast start up" (one of the most problematic features in Windows 10, it causes tons of problems)

3. In Device Manager go to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and uncheck "Allow this computer to turn off the device to save power" for each Generic USB Hub (one at a time and reboot the PC to take effect)

4. Inspect, if you will, UEFI options looking for Power saving settings

Win10Pro, Mar 11, 2017
  7. mhansen2 Win User
    I followed your steps 1 thru 3 and things appear to be working fine, now. I don't know what UEFI is and couldn't find any command or label matching those letters. I can't help but wonder how Microsoft expects the typical user to know about all this.

Thank you Win10Pro. You certainly lived up to your username. *Smile

mhansen2, Mar 11, 2017
  8. Win10Pro Win User

Thank you for kind words. I hope that your problem won't reappear. My understanding is that UEFI replaced BIOS on new machines. If you look into it you will find many settings that even the philosophers have not dreamed of *Smile
    Seriously I hate delving into Windows but I HAVE TO. The system has some glitches, euphemistically speaking, and sooner or later you'll be forced to learn how to face them, too.
    Best of all.

Win10Pro, Mar 11, 2017
  9. mhansen2 Win User
    Despite performing the steps above, the 2 minute sleep problem has resurfaced. I use a HP laptop with external keyboard and monitor. Just for the fun of it, I left the laptop's lid open just enough for the display to illuminate and the sleep problem has disappeared. I have no idea why, but I'll live with it.

mhansen2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer goes to sleep 2 minutes after last command - Similar Threads - Computer goes sleep

2. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  3. display sleeps after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd
  4. Computer Goes to Sleep Mode after Idle for About One Minute

Computer Goes to Sleep Mode after Idle for About One Minute: Hello, I use Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Version 1809, Build 17763.557. The computer seems to completely ignore the Sleep setting I selected in the Settings / System / Power & Sleep / Sleep / "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after". Currently that setting is 30 minutes. The...
  5. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  6. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how to stop it. I tried changing the settings in the screensaver, which is no screensaver, and set to 20 minutes. In power...
  7. System goes to sleep after 5 minutes

System goes to sleep after 5 minutes: ***Modify title from: Sleep*** My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in....
  8. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution....
  9. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  10. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer sleeps after 2 minutes

2. computer goes to sleep after two minutes?

3. computer goes to sleep after 2 minutes