Windows 10: Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown

Discus and support Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system "hangs" after I Shut Down and then start back up. It doesn't occur when I Restart the system. * It "Hangs " when it gets to the black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JamesJoey, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown

My system "hangs" after I Shut Down and then start back up. It doesn't occur when I Restart the system.
    It "Hangs " when it gets to the black screen with the blue Windows logo in the center. I've waited a half an hour and remained hung. The "round working dots (for lack of a better term) never appear below the*logo.*
    When it hangs, I press and hold the power button until it shuts off, and the press the power button and the system starts up fine.
    In fact, at night before bed, when the computer shuts down, I hold in the button until it shuts off and it starts fine the next morning.
    I've check and rechecked, and found that this occurs only after certain Windows 10 updates are installed:
    KB3188128 (Adobe Flash Player security update)
    KB890830 (Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool )
    KB3161102 (Update for Windows 10)
    KB3181403 (Update for Windows 10)
    KB3150513) Update for Windows 10)
    This isn't all that were installed on that day and I have no idea how to find them now that I've restored a disk image several times since.
    This is very frustrating and would very much like to get it corrected.
    Any help will be appreciated,
    James

:)

JamesJoey, Dec 29, 2016

2. Win10 hangs before logon / fast startup / Multiboot issue?

Addon: Here is my startup log protocol. Two startups:

19:45 h time : warm reboot out of openSuse (Win10 hangs) ; then forced shutdown.

19:50 h time : cold boot after forced shutdown (Win10 loads fine)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34103571/ntbtlog.txt

fanformusik, Dec 29, 2016
  3. ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Just upgraded to Win10-64 Professional. I had used the Shutdown desktop icon in Win7-64, but now it hangs my system. Using this icon hangs my system for an hour with "Windows Updating - Don't shut your computer down" and the hangs it for a hour on startup
    with "Windows Updating". Shutdown with the normal taskbar icon is immediate, & no hanging the system on startup.

Do you know of a solution to this issue?

I can attach the Event Viewer Application Log FYI. I shut down with the desktop icon about 230pm, logged on about 315pm

I don't see a way to attach the file...

DuncanRhodes2, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown

If u have asus computer disable fast startup in windows 10. This will fix the problem.

boombastik, Dec 29, 2016
  5. JamesJoey Win User
    That fixed it!

I don't have an ASUS but it worked anyhow.
    I've been screwing around since September trying to fix this.

Thanks much,
    james

JamesJoey, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown

1. Computer Hangs at Startup After Shutdown - Similar Threads - Computer Hangs Startup

2. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing & shutdown of application after startup: I have a HP Probook, within 5 mins of startup, screen freezes and then whatever program I have open crushes. Only does it once just after startup then runs beautifully until I shutdown. I've done a reset and seemed to be working fine until I installed some of my favorite...
  3. Freezing & shutdown of application after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing & shutdown of application after startup: I have a HP Probook, within 5 mins of startup, screen freezes and then whatever program I have open crushes. Only does it once just after startup then runs beautifully until I shutdown. I've done a reset and seemed to be working fine until I installed some of my favorite...
  4. Windows 10 Hanged after startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hanged after startup: This is the first time this is happening. I will relate all that was happening at the time after booting laptop. This afternoon, I switched on Edge and the starting tab didn't show all my favourite linked sites. Even though that was odd I checked my mail. And that was when...
  5. Computer hangs on startup for ages after migrating to new mobo/cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer hangs on startup for ages after migrating to new mobo/cpu: Hello, I recently upgraded my mobo/cpu in my desktop and ever since this has happened, Windows hangs on startup for anywhere between 10-30 minutes on the logo and spinning dots screen. On my old PC this screen wouldn't show for more than a second. My windows activation...
  6. hang at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd
  7. Laptop shutdown after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutdown after startup: So my hp laptop shutdowns after turning it on. I can get it to fully load once in a while but the majority of the time it simply goes to a black screen after startup and powers off. Any suggestions?...
  8. BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Startup after clean shutdown: My Windows 10 system sometimes crashed on startup, after loading progress. The monitor would show blank white screen, or sometimes the blue screen (sometimes with corrupted display). This does not happen so often, but I'd like to know the cause. The daily operation of the...
  9. Startup Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Hangs: Hi all, Since 2 or 3 weeks when I switch on my notebook, after loading my desktop it hangs loading startup programs. When it hangs, I can't even shut down, I have to press the power button 4 seconds to shut down. It happened with my 3 notebooks, but it remains only in one...
  10. Computer freezing/hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing/hanging on startup: Whenever I turn my computer on it will either freeze or hang on the startup screen with the logo and the dots. I've had Windows 10 for around 2 months but I've never had this problem until a few days ago. I've tried start-up repair, system restore and clean booting but they...