Windows 10: computer hangs or locks up

Discus and support computer hangs or locks up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mknic772, Aug 16, 2018.

1. mknic772 Win User

computer hangs or locks up

evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can someone please help with this

:)

mknic772, Aug 16, 2018
  2. allesok Win User

GPU-Z hangs or locks computer

GPU-Z 0.3.3 hangs and locks the computer.
    GPU-Z 0.2.1 gives the error message:
    "Could not start driver. The system cannot find the file specified."

What can I do?

XP Pro SP2 in English with all updates, ATI Radeon X300/X550/1050 Series.

allesok

allesok, Aug 16, 2018
  3. John Z NC Win User
    Computer hangs at lock screen

Good suggestion, but the symptom occurs after wakeup from a sleep displays the lock screen. Something happens while the computer sleeps to hang the lock screen. Will the computer sleep from safe mode?

The computer seems to operate normally after a reboot until the next sleep/wake. Right now I plan to close all windows before letting the computer sleep to see if that prevents the issue. If it does I'll leave commonly used applications open one at a time.

I'll try the safe mode boot and clean boot next if closing applications before sleeping does not help.

John Z NC, Aug 16, 2018
  4. computer hangs or locks up

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

computer hangs or locks up

1. computer hangs or locks up - Similar Threads - computer hangs locks

2. computer locked up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer locked up: Contact Windows Support: +1-877-891-8898 Security Helpline is this MS message valid??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-locked-up/15934724-5c99-4d33-a4b2-a61cf507cfb6
  3. Locked up computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked up computer: Last night when I logged in my computer was filled with warnings bells and whistles . A voice was saying don't touch nothing but phone 1-844-205-7522 they even put the number on my task bar . I phoned and long story short I need to know if I did the right thing BEFORE I have...
  4. computer lock up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer lock up: my computer keeps locking up and going back to logon screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-lock-up/51b99226-0ea5-42a6-9ee9-d750175c1a5f
  5. computer locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer locked up: my computer has locked up by a fake support scam. How do I unlock my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-locked-up/36a3d5ec-9e19-4ea4-b121-ee68c04d55c3
  6. Computer lock up

Computer lock up: My computer locks up, in any program including Windows 10 help page, sometimes for only 10 seconds sometimes for over 30 minutes, can anyone suggest why and how to fix the problem?...
  7. computer locking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer locking up: Hi - Windows installed updates two days ago, and since I have been having issues with it completely locking up. Should I try to roll back the latest updates? Thanks, Christina...
  8. Computer locks up

Computer locks up: I am using windows 10 with the most recent update. My Computer is a HP PC. The error I am getting is a lockup displaying the following message www.windows.com/stopcode stop kernel mode trap Ntfs.sys How can I fix this problem? I can turn the computer and reboot and it...
  9. Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up: Recently, my computer hangs up at the Windows Logo screen during boot up. I have to power off and then power back on. It usually boots up on the 2nd try. Any idea what's happening, and how to fix it? HPE-510t Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3GHz 64-bit Win10 v 1709 build...
  10. Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up: Hi All. I have a new one installed Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 Entreprise. I have joined the machine into a domain without some active GPO. When I'm at home or sitting at a customer and must unlock the screen, it takes a war! It is as if searching for the DNS server...