Windows 10: Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up

Discus and support Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, my computer hangs up at the Windows Logo screen during boot up. I have to power off and then power back on. It usually boots up on the 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ALN, Feb 12, 2018.

1. ALN
    ALN Win User

Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up

Recently, my computer hangs up at the Windows Logo screen during boot up. I have to power off and then power back on. It usually boots up on the 2nd try. Any idea what's happening, and how to fix it?

HPE-510t
    Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3GHz
    64-bit
    Win10 v 1709 build 16299.192

:)

2. DeanC517 Win User

Win 10 computer hangs up during restart

Thanks Andre

Not sure what happened but it seems to be working now. I looked at the link you provided and was going to try some of the suggestions. I did try to change users even though I am the only one on this computer and maybe that did something but I am able to

Thanks again

DeanC517, Feb 12, 2018
  3. Win 10 computer hangs up during restart

Use the opportunity to create a new Local Account with Administrator privileges. So if the current account fails, at least you can log in and recover your files.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 12, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 12, 2018
  5. ALN
    ALN Win User
    Brink. Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested, and in a test of 1, it booted up on 1st try. Will continue to monitor to see if it continues to behave itself. However, the start up time now (with Fast Startup off) is quit a bit longer. Might there be some way to correct the problem without turning off Fast Startup? Might be helpful to know, this system is ~5 years old, and never had the problem before.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You could try turning it back on again, and see how it does afterwards.

Brink, Feb 13, 2018
  7. ALN
    ALN Win User
    Good idea - Will do!

Thema:

1. Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up - Similar Threads - Computer Hangs During

2. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  3. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  4. Annoying Error message during booting up Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Error message during booting up Computer: Hi there I would really appreciate if anyone can help out to solve an annoying Error Message when I boot up my Computer. Win 11 OS Build 22000.282...
  5. Annoying Error message during booting up Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying Error message during booting up Computer: Hi there I would really appreciate if anyone can help out to solve an annoying Error Message when I boot up my Computer. Win 11 OS Build 22000.282...
  6. Activation and hanging up during support calls

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation and hanging up during support calls: I'm just trying to get my windows 10 activated.... I had a windows 8.1 key from my original pc build in 2014. At some point, maybe around 2017 I upgraded to windows 10 through the free upgrade process. I've now build a mostly new computer, keeping some parts from the...
  7. computer hangs or locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer hangs or locks up: evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can...
  8. Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs: I need some help. This computer has run fine for about a year with this SSD.. Now, when I boot the computer up it starts to Load Windows 10 but STOPS on the 4 panel Window in the top center of the screen. If I turn the Power Supply switch OFF and then back ON and then...
  9. W10 hanging on boot up.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 hanging on boot up.: I have just updated an Acer Aspire Laptop 5536 to W10 and after pressing the start button it starts to boot up and about 10 seconds after pressing start the windows logo appears and the little squirly is going round then stops. The Hdd led goes out and it is stuck there...
  10. Stuck in a Hang up in booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in a Hang up in booting: Upgrade from Win 7 64bit to Win 10 64 bit on a Gateway laptop 3 days ago and everything worked well. This morning the laptop hung up in the booting process and wont fully load the OS. I get to the window logo, a greyed login box, and in task bar the clock and battery icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer hangs up during the boot up

2. KB4487026 hang