Windows 10: Computer Hard Restarts when playing games

Discus and support Computer Hard Restarts when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Custom built PC hard resets when I am playing any video game. I am attaching the requested logs and am hoping that someone can assist me with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kharma, Jun 14, 2017.

1. kharma Win User

Computer Hard Restarts when playing games

My Custom built PC hard resets when I am playing any video game. I am attaching the requested logs and am hoping that someone can assist me with attempting to figure out the issue.

I have just replaced my video card to a gtx 1070 to attempt to solve this (it didn't).

:)

kharma, Jun 14, 2017

2. Computer randomly restarts while playing games on Windows 10

Well, when I went to roll back the driver Roll Back Driver was greyed out. I've uninstalled the driver too but it still shows Intel HD Graphics 4400 under Display Adapter.

Here's the crash info
    http://1drv.ms/1IXf6Js

Dylan_Green, Jun 14, 2017
  3. Computer randomly restarts while playing games on Windows 10

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

This error/crash is caused by the corrupt/ inappropriate video card drivers.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Press Windows key + R,
    typedevmgmt.msc in the run prompt.

Step 2: Expand the Display adapters section, right-click the
    display adapter

Step 3: Click the Driver tab, and then click
    Roll Back Driver.

Step 4: Restart the computer and check.

If that does not help, let us reinstall the video card driver.

Step 1: Press Windows key + R,
    typedevmgmt.msc in the run prompt.

Step 2: Expand the Display adapters section, right-click the
    display adapter

Step 3: Click the Driver tab, and then click
    Uninstall driver.

Step 4: Restart the PC and Windows would load the generic video card driver.

Refer to the below articles on:

Blue Screen of Death in Windows 10:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/blue-screen-of-death-bsod/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7 hangs or freezes (Applies to Windows 10 also):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2681286

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Jun 14, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Hi Kharma,

Please explain what you mean by hard resets. There were app crashes and hangs as well as an unexpected shutdown. There was one restart without a proper shutdown. There were no bsod minidump files.
    Let's start with some routine testing.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste the following commands:

1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan

Please post the results into the thread.

Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for 8 or more runs. This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Place your computer in clean boot using msconfig and taskmgr to see if there is any impact on performance. Evaluate boot and shutdown times, hangs, etc. Are the problems more or less frequent etc.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows
    How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

zbook, Jun 14, 2017
  5. kharma Win User
    I am currently running the requested commands and will upload the output as soon as they have all completed.

As far as hard resets I mean there is no warning, no standard windows restarting screen the screen just goes black it is like the power is cut for a few seconds before it comes back up and starts booting back up.

kharma, Jun 14, 2017
  6. kharma Win User
    Initial logs attachedAttachment 139566

kharma, Jun 14, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Please fill in the details for all components you used in the custom build. I'm particularly interested in what power supply you chose.

philc43, Jun 14, 2017
  8. kharma Win User

@zbook I followed your steps and had 0 errors on anything (8 run through on memory). I am attaching another collection of logs collector to see if something else has changed.

When I cleared the msconfig and startup settings and went into a game I still had the same problem at about the same amount of time in.

I will be updating the setup information on my PC configuration on my profile in a few minutes as well.

kharma, Jun 16, 2017
  9. kharma Win User
    @philc43 PC Info updated in profile

kharma, Jun 16, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    I'd recommend that you uninstall Corsair Link 4 software just in case it is causing problems. It has been known to do so for other users.

philc43, Jun 16, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    At this juncture you could perform stress testing on the CPU and GPU or you could use Windows performance recording and see if you can record the time period in which you are having the "hard resets". If a misbehaving application is identified it can be uninstalled or changed.
    Also see this check list on performance: Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community
    The selective boot allows you to keep off all the applications that consume CPU, disk, and memory leaving this free while playing games or demanding applications.

zbook, Jun 16, 2017
  12. kharma Win User
    @zbook I have done stress testing of both my CPU and my GPU. My CPU has no problem and when I stress test my GPU is when it resets which is what led me to replace my Graphics card with the newer model. Unfortunately since the issue still persists I am not sure where to go from there.

@philc43 The Corsair link installation was brand new over the last week in response to me trying to ensure that everything was up to date. The problem was occuring before that program was installed.

kharma, Jun 16, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Windows performance recording may be useful since you have already ran the stress tests.
    The challenge will be learning how to interpret the results of finding someone that is already trained on the troubleshooting.
    It has helped me in the past.
    Once it is installed you will open administrative command prompt and type: wprui.exe
    On the pop up you will make customized settings as in the link.
    Windows performance recorder - Microsoft Community

zbook, Jun 16, 2017
  14. philc43 Win User
    Just be aware that there are a number of recent errors associated with it...

Code: Windows Error Reporting: +++ WER0 +++: Fault bucket 129450411292, type 5 Event Name: CLR20r3 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: CorsairLink4.Service.exe P2: 4.7.0.77 P3: 590b4eb0 P4: System.Management P5: 4.7.2096.0 P6: 58fa3856 P7: 8a P8: 51 P9: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX P10:[/quote]

philc43, Jun 16, 2017
  15. kharma Win User
    @philc43 I have uninstalled the app.
    @zbook I am not certain what settings to use for this. I have a file created for it just doing a restart but I doubt that will give us what we need. What settings do I need to have to get it to autosave the information to disk when it goes down for immediately shuts off and goes into the normal boot process again?

kharma, Jun 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Computer Hard Restarts when playing games - Similar Threads - Computer Hard Restarts

2. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.: when playing games my computer shuts down completely and restarts when I look into the event viewer I get the kernel-power error 41. A little later into the event viewer i get WHEA-logger error 18....
  3. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.: when playing games my computer shuts down completely and restarts when I look into the event viewer I get the kernel-power error 41. A little later into the event viewer i get WHEA-logger error 18....
  4. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restart when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart when playing games: My PC keeps restarting at random times when playing games, and it only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 11. I cant revert back because it's been to long, and I already reset the pc to try and fix the issue to no avail....
  6. Restart when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart when playing games: My PC keeps restarting at random times when playing games, and it only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 11. I cant revert back because it's been to long, and I already reset the pc to try and fix the issue to no avail....
  7. Computer Restarts when playing video games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Restarts when playing video games: My computer restarts when I play video games. Used to be very infrequent, couple times a month. Now when I play it reliably restarts after about 5 minutes in game. Game in particular is Heroes of the Storm which isn't a very taxing game. I had it taken in and the...
  8. Playing a game when the computer restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playing a game when the computer restarted: I just built a new computer recently, and was playing a game when suddenly the computer restarted. I looked into event logs and it showed this. Should I be worried. Thanks. * Original title: windows 10 [ATTACH]...
  9. Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.: Hey boys. I am reasonably new to the computer world within this. I have a huge problem since I have got windows 10 installed. I have almost tried everything and have gone completely out of ideas. The problem is when I start playing a game, it can run from 1 to 4 hours and...
  10. Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Support
    Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.: Hey boys. I am reasonably new to the computer world within this. I have a huge problem since I have got windows 10 installed. I have almost tried everything and have gone completely out of ideas. The problem is when I start playing a game, it can run from 1 to 4 hours and...