Windows 10: Computer having trouble booting and waking up from Sleep Mode

Discus and support Computer having trouble booting and waking up from Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure what thread to post this under... My Computer's not working. I've been having trouble with it waking up from Sleep Mode or even just booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cralston, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Cralston Win User

Computer having trouble booting and waking up from Sleep Mode

Not sure what thread to post this under... My Computer's not working. I've been having trouble with it waking up from Sleep Mode or even just booting it up from being off since getting WINDOWS 10 it seems like. It would start and just get stuck on HP loading screen, so you'd have to unplug it. I got it on yesterday for a while and copied all my music to an external hard drive. I then restarted, then shut it down properly and trying to push F2 repeatedly for System Diagnostics, but no luck getting that to come up or even getting it on again. Any Ideas with the computer? It just shows a blank screen when turned on. The Yellow indicator lights that start when it is booting up aren't coming on, but the blue power light is. I can hold the power button down to get it to power down, but the keyboard and mouse aren't showing any lights on.Would appreciate help from anyone ASAP, and of course, thank you for your time.

:)

Cralston, Jan 21, 2017
  2. cal680 Win User

Ready to throw whole computer in trash

Does not do it waking up from sleep mode. Only does it when computer is booting from being turned on.

cal680, Jan 21, 2017
  3. MSuser89 Win User
    computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10 right when in goes into sleep mode. so it wakes up immediately after going into sleep mode. how to fix?

MSuser89, Jan 21, 2017
  4. Computer having trouble booting and waking up from Sleep Mode

cottonball, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Cralston Win User
    Yes, it is. I just realized I didn't clarify that, I apologize.

Cralston, Jan 21, 2017
  6. If you try Step 6, and all you see is a blank screen, try this:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.
    Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
    Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue
    Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair
    Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Click: Advanced Options
    Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot
    Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options
    Step 9: Last, select: Startup Settings
    Please provide an update.

cottonball, Jan 21, 2017
  7. Cralston Win User
    I'm using Windows 10. It's the version before what their calling The Anniversary Version {Update} that messes with the Music you had copied from CD's so that you could no longer play them.
    Definitely seems like it could be in Power Saving State. Monitors fine, I can feel air coming out from holes, so fans working. I was looking into the BIOS thing before it started doing like this.

HP Update had said that everything was up to date. One thing I'm worried about is that I Optimized it through Norton Security and that did fine. I then ran, I think its called CCcleaner to delete Unnecessary files in File Clean up. Fine, OK. I had updated it b/c I have free version of CCcleaner & U must update manually. Ran Registry Cleanup where it finds registry errors and you can fix them(Erase them, I Suppose). Some of them said HP firmware on them.(Only looked at a few of them before pressing fix all)

I thought since the Registry Errors didn't respond to anything it wouldn't matter if I fixed them, then the Computer started doing this. I've gotten It on twice in last day after I ran Registry thing, and everything worked fine till It was turned Off or went to sleep.

Not sure if using Keyboard is gonna help: the lights that come on on it and mouse aren't even lighting up.

A problem I've been having is Computer getting stuck (When Starting Up) on HP Loading screen BEFORE the rotating loading circle even shows up. If that thing shows up, I know its gonna Start Up good.[Of Course, Now that screen not even starting]

I have Flat Screen Monitor from previous Computer(2008). So not LCD or HD or anything like that. It's model HP w2007. Never had a problem with it and Yellow Power Light is on, so I know it's working.(Turns Blue when its getting signal from Computer) Cords fine as well

What's 'Suspend Key' ? I usually just hit Enter or the mouse to wake up from SLEEP MODE.

Funny thing, I noticed before this happened if I have my WD My Passport Ultra External HDD [which I use to backup everything on CPU]plugged into USB port that the Loading Screen would show Circle Loading thingy more Often and start.

That got me to thinking that it could be the WD Software thats causing the sleep and Start Up issues. I've done several Clean Boots, disabling Services and Startup Items(Besides Microsoft ones) and performing the Clean Boot, it always started up fine. Tried to isolate which Item or Service was causing it 5 at a time, but eventually gave up when all the items were ones I needed to use

Apparently there are some people having Power issue with Windows 10 on HP Pavilion. [We have HP Envy now] in Microsoft Community Forums

I tried WINDOWS Built-in Power Troubleshooter a few months ago also.

Well, turning it on and pressing F10 didn't do anything. Seems like it's not asleep and not awake. I found when I turn it on, if I press and hold the POWER button about 5 seconds, it will turn back Off. That's about all it'll let me do. Doesn't show it shutting down or anything like that on Screen. Just OFF

Cralston, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer having trouble booting and waking up from Sleep Mode

1. Computer having trouble booting and waking up from Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Computer having trouble

2. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  3. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  4. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  5. My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,

My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,: Hi, My computer is not waking up from sleep mode, I end up having to hold down the power button for a few seconds forcing a restart. anyone know a fix for this?...
  6. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  7. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  8. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  9. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...