Windows 10: Computer hijacked by strange priority OWNER_RIGHTS accounts

Discus and support Computer hijacked by strange priority OWNER_RIGHTS accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a new Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop Win10-64 bit (home) for portable word processing. After Dell shipped it to the wrong address - it arrived... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Franklin J, May 31, 2016.

1. Computer hijacked by strange priority OWNER_RIGHTS accounts

I bought a new Dell Inspiron 15-3552 laptop Win10-64 bit (home) for portable word processing. After Dell shipped it to the wrong address - it arrived defalted to the Dvorak keyboard,of which, the COX wireless installation tech declared a faulty keyboard and "SEND IT BACK". Now - while I'm the sole 'visable' user/administrater - it has come to light that others have priority OWNERS RIGHTS over me, and I've been locked out of pretty much everything including including the CD/DVD, my printer, wmhich they play with, C:\ drive including Start menu, files on my USB drives,new devices keep appearing, and I'm denied access to all settings. I'm writing this on NotePad so please forgive the spelling.. ???

:)

Franklin J, May 31, 2016

2. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I too am very angry MY LOCAL LOGIN ACCOUNT WAS HIJACKED BECAUSE I TRIED TO SIGN INTO MY XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT! HELP ME REVERT MY LOCAL ACCOUNT TO A MORE SECURE ACCOUNT LIKE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO! HIJACKING SOMEONES LOCAL COMPUTER ACCOUNT IS ILLEGAL AND SHOULD
    NOT HAPPEN! MY LAPTOP DOES NOT BELONG TO MICROSOFT! THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO CHANGE HOW I LOGIN TO MY COMPUTER NOR DO THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO FORCE ME TO USE MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT TO LOGIN TO MY COMPUTER EITHER. FIX THIS, MICROSOFT YOU HAVE TEN DAYS TO DO SO BEFORE
    I REPORT YOU TO THE FBI FOR MALWARE!

Maverick Wolfe, May 31, 2016
  3. Computer hijacked

It's a very common scam that you could have ended with the Task Manager. Now you must consider everything on your computer has been compromised. Passwords, PIN numbers, financial account information.
    A clean install of Windows is the best option and what I would do myself. See the following and decide if you want to tempt fate not knowing what they may have installed on your computer.

From Quietman, see: I have been hacked...What should I do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...-security-questions-best-practices/?p=3071944

And this from the FTC:

Tech Support Scams

Tech Support Scams

Next, follow the instructions here even if the pop up is gone.

Remove Tech Support Scam Pop-up Virus (Call For Support Scam)

Also run this tool.

SuperAntiSpyware (Free version)

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

Please read:

PSA: Tech Support Scams Pop-Ups on the Rise

PSA: Tech Support Scams Pop-Ups on the Rise - Malwarebytes Labs

Breaking down a notably sophisticated tech support scam M.O.

Breaking down a notably sophisticated tech support scam M.O.

Bruce Hagen, May 31, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Computer hijacked by strange priority OWNER_RIGHTS accounts

Hi Franklin and welcome to Tenforums.
    How long have you had this system? Are you infected? What do you mean when you say "the CD/DVD, my printer, which they play with"? Do any other user accounts show on the system? Is your data backed up?

simrick, May 31, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Restore the laptop to factory new state. There should be a link out of one of the Start Menu entries or a Fn key you can press at boot time to start this process.

Make sure any data is backed up first as simrick mentioned.

Ztruker, May 31, 2016
  6. ________________________________________
    Well thanks for your response , however, I'm not allowed to open the start menu from drive C:\ or fromthe taskbar icon-- ie no permisssion .... I'm examoning the various boot options.

Franklin J, May 31, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    simrick, May 31, 2016
  8. Computer hijacked by strange priority OWNER_RIGHTS accounts

Contact Dell for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) as the Cox installer suggested.

That's what warranties are for - not to mention there's customer satisfaction in play.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer hijacked by strange priority OWNER_RIGHTS accounts

1. Computer hijacked by strange priority OWNER_RIGHTS accounts - Similar Threads - Computer hijacked strange

2. Account Hijack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Hijack: Recently I reset my pc, and along with resetting my pc, my microsoft email was changed to a random russian inbox that I have no control of whatsoever. I lost multiple accounts. The old email was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I cant reset it with account...
  3. Account Hijack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Hijack: Recently I reset my pc, and along with resetting my pc, my microsoft email was changed to a random russian inbox that I have no control of whatsoever. I lost multiple accounts. The old email was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I cant reset it with account...
  4. Account Hijack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hijacked computer: How can I tell if someone hijacked my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hijacked-computer/56d15fc4-bb49-4535-8d35-7cb87832637e
  6. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hijacked computer: How can I tell if someone hijacked my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hijacked-computer/56d15fc4-bb49-4535-8d35-7cb87832637e
  7. hijacked computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Hijacks Computer

Windows Hijacks Computer: Windows still has a bug that forces your computer to use 100% of the disk, and this has ruined more than 1 HDDs. I recently upgraded to an SSD and I still have problems. Most recently my computer becomes very slow and when I open task manager it says 100% disk usage for a...
  9. Microsoft is hijacking my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is hijacking my computer: It has been months now since the latest Windows 10 upgrade and I am going in circles with this upgrade. It barely finished installing it that it starts downloading again, slows down my computer, not allowing me to work, practically hijacking my computer. I have had...
  10. Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour

Hijacked System from Strange Behaviour: Hi, I've been experiencing a serious problem the past few weeks since upgrading to Windows10 (1803); it may have started before upgrading but I only noticed after upgrading. The problem being, the desktop constantly refreshes every 20-30 seconds, including the task bar; no...