Windows 10: Computer Infection--Emergency!

Discus and support Computer Infection--Emergency! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi There Running Avast 12.3.2280 right now, and Malware bytes for on demand protection Anyways started having System Process using CPU all the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Computer Infection--Emergency!

Hi There

Running Avast 12.3.2280 right now, and Malware bytes for on demand protection

Anyways started having System Process using CPU all the way up to 91 percent at times, it's down now, first scan with Malwarebytes found backdoor.spynet in wsusoffline zip file I think it was, Second scan with Eset online scan found 2 more infected files, names unknown yet, Defender other night when I was running that found Trojan Dropper in Temporary internet files, should I just backup data and do a clean install? do I need to wipe the hard drive first, it's a 2tb drive that will take ages to do, but I will do it if needed.

Help advice really needed this time

:)

AMDMan2016, Sep 21, 2016
  2. Le Boule Win User

edyfmoserj

Did you empty temporary internet files, restart the computer and run a Quick Scan with your antivirus program?

If you think your computer may be infected by malware
    you may want to scan with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit: Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit

OR

See How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worm and Malware (Windows Help Guide)

Regards...

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Zai4Me Win User
    How do I check to find out and remove GozNym trojan from Windows 10

The link you sent me in your message:

Free scanners such as the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Malwarebytes
    should detect this malware.

Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit

caused a problem and Norton NPE had to be installed to remove both the application and two items from the registry that had contaminated my computer.

Please do not recommend Emisisoft Emergency Kit to other people as it is BAD!

I will contact Norton regarding GozNym and they may have some solution. I don't believe I have it on my computer.

Thank you.

Zai4Me, Sep 21, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Computer Infection--Emergency!

Hi.
    I take it you don't make regular system images using a program like Macrium Reflect?
    Okay, let's try and clean this thing first.

Run these scans, in this order, and post logs for each, using CODE tags (# button).

Create a restore point
    RKILL
    TDSSKiller (select all options - it will reboot to scan properly)
    RKILL (again, because everything RKILL does is undone by a reboot)
    Malwarebytes Antimalware (run a custom scan, select the box to scan for rootkits, and check the box to scan your entire system drive)
    ADWCleaner (it will reboot to clean)
    JRT
    Then run TempFile Cleaner.
    Ccleaner - run on browsers and clean out temp + cache, then run on registry
    EDIT: Since you now have Avast on the system, go into Avast settings and set a full scan to scan for ALL PACKERS, then run the full scan. If it comes up clean, you can skip the ESET scan below.
    ESET Online Scan (see instructions here)
    BSOD after boot up, during login or right after, (bad spool header?) Solved - Page 3 - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Be sure you're logged into sevenforums, so you can see all the screenshots. They're a little old, but the basics are the same.

All these tools are free/have free versions available.

When finished, create another restore point, then go into Ccleaner and delete the infected one (and any others that may exist that might be infected).

simrick, Sep 21, 2016
  5. I got an Image from a month ago, around August 16th my last clean install, will get the programs to do the cleanup though, and hopefully all clean after that is all done...internet went down a few minutes to, so delayed me getting back into here

AMDMan2016, Sep 21, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    No problem. Please note the edit I made to the post in red.

You can post your logs as you get them done; I will be unavailable for most of the evening, but would like to see what is found - names of everything. Sometimes this backdoor brings in a bitcoin miner, other times something worse, and so we need to make a decision if the image restoration is the best answer (even if we get it cleaned), and also determine if passwords need to be changed, etc. If you run across Ramnit in any of the logs, consider the image restoration the only answer.

simrick, Sep 21, 2016
  7. Will do, will post the logs once I finish all the scans, shouldn't take too long I don't think, is an 8 Core system, must change way I do things, or figure out how got them in the first place.

AMDMan2016, Sep 21, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Okay sounds good. If I get a chance, I will have a look before I leave in a bit.

hmmm.....P2P software, infected/compromised webs sites, infected ads, exploits of Flash or Java, unpatched browsers, bad browser add-ons, worm-infected computers on your same network, etc. *Wink

simrick, Sep 21, 2016
  9. Well No P2P software used, Possibly a website, other machines on network I think clean, but i'll check those 2, Java not installed, Microsoft Edge or IE 11 only used, getting to first program in a few here, then going down the line in order, longest scan might be Malware bytes and Avast lol, but hopefully gets all clean, and I can relax finally

AMDMan2016, Sep 21, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    Therein lies your problem.

I use Firefox for my main browser, as it is the most customizable and therefore safest browser. I have browser add-ons (like Flash and Java) set to "ask to activate", I have another add-on which shall remain unnamed (per forum rules), I use WOT to evaluate web-searched sites for safety, I use OpenDNS DNS Servers on my NICs to prevent navigating to known bad sites, I use LastPass Password Manager and only log into it when needed, I do not login to the browser to "sync" anything, and I have MBAE for zero-day browser exploit mitigation. All this, plus anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware and CryptoPrevent. Knock wood, I have never had anything my system yet, (save one worm from an infected computer I was cleaning for someone, and forgot to turn my system off at the time - an image restoration solved that problem quickly), and I do a lot of searching in order to answer threads on this forum.

simrick, Sep 21, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    RKILL looks ok.

TDSS Killer says it found nothing.

MBAM flags:
    Code: Backdoor.SpyNet, H:\Downloads\Important Files\wsusoffline102.zip, Quarantined, [735c6f0531693afcca525d99ac5822de], Backdoor.SpyNet, H:\Temp\Flash Drive files\wsusoffline105.zip, Quarantined, [9d327bf97e1c979f839910e65ca8f907],[/quote] Now, these were downloaded to "Important Files" and "Flash Drive Files". This looks to be old, but have you ever used the WSUS offline updater or Chocolatey Repository?

WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet Connection

Chocolatey Gallery | WSUS Offline Update 10.5

So, these could be FPs (False Positives).

I would like to see what ESET flagged.
    Restore files quarantined by the ESET Online ScannerESET Knowledgebase

simrick, Sep 21, 2016
  12. Yes I used Wsus offline with other Windows 7 SP1 machine upstairs, had the files saved on the external in case needed it again, I will check to see what Eset flagged in a moment here

AMDMan2016, Sep 21, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

Okay so those are indeed FPs.
    Can you give me a screenshot of what Defender found? or is it not specific?

simrick, Sep 21, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    I see the second MBAM scan came up clean. *Smile I am thinking ESET and Defender neutralized whatever was messing with your system.

simrick, Sep 21, 2016
  15. Just said Trojan.Dropper in Temp internet files that one night, unforuately I didn't save the info as I noticed it when I was switching to Avast remotely via Remote Desktop lol via Phone that night, as Defender took 3 hours to scan, so i'm like yeah going back to Avast, I see no sign of that now though, and I scanned with numerous programs so far, Eset going again so I can get manage quarantine at the end

AMDMan2016, Sep 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer Infection--Emergency! - Similar Threads - Computer Infection Emergency

2. Emergency help with infected laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency help with infected laptop: My computer got a virus last year I clicked a downloaded file and got sent to a site and I exited out fast forward early 2022 I go back to using my computer then one day while I'm using it my cursor started moving and my mic was being accessed I shutted down my computer and a...
  3. Emergency help with infected laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency help with infected laptop: My computer got a virus last year I clicked a downloaded file and got sent to a site and I exited out fast forward early 2022 I go back to using my computer then one day while I'm using it my cursor started moving and my mic was being accessed I shutted down my computer and a...
  4. Infected computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected computer: My Windows Apps are infected by spyware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infected-computer/b212b029-7987-4bbf-a288-3efa16d9e544
  5. Infected computer

Infected computer: My Windows Apps are infected by spyware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infected-computer/b212b029-7987-4bbf-a288-3efa16d9e544
  6. Computer is infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer is infected: So, uh. This is my first time and I’m doing pretty good. Just uh. The infection in task manager won’t allow me to stop or shut it down. I can’t even edit permissions. This malware or virus is from a website called safe windows. I’m curious if it’s ok to turn the computer off....
  7. Computer is infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is infected: So, uh. This is my first time and I’m doing pretty good. Just uh. The infection in task manager won’t allow me to stop or shut it down. I can’t even edit permissions. This malware or virus is from a website called safe windows. I’m curious if it’s ok to turn the computer off....
  8. Computer is infected

9. Computer Infected.

Computer Infected.: Dear Community, My computer has been acting very strange in the last one or two weeks. Most of the time when my computer is opened I hear a sound like connecting a new device to the computer but I'm not doing anything. I tried running Malware Bytes and Avast but...
  10. infected computer

infected computer: can someone help me remove infection from my computer it has ben hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/infected-computer/cfefb8d9-ae88-42fa-9495-2bb8c6899963