Windows 10: Computer is constantly crashing and restarting

Discus and support Computer is constantly crashing and restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer was just fine and today I turn on my computer and a blue screen says "your pc ran into a problem. We'll restart for you. Error: system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BRKING, Mar 4, 2016.

1. BRKING Win User

Computer is constantly crashing and restarting

My computer was just fine and today I turn on my computer and a blue screen says "your pc ran into a problem. We'll restart for you. Error: system thread exception not handled"

how do I fix this and get my computer back?

Hoping someone can help. I don't even know how to get into safe mode.

:)

BRKING, Mar 4, 2016

2. Explorer.exe is constantly crashing and restarting. Windows 10

Ok sorry for the delay I have been in hospital for a while got out today I have uninstalled Icloud in full going to give it a few days and see if the crashes stop then I will post again of if they don't

KateGround, Mar 4, 2016
  3. sammoss Win User
    Explorer.exe is constantly crashing and restarting. Windows 10

Sometimes I think it has something to do with Cortana & Indexing settings ...as there seems to be no fix...

could be a hiccup....then again 'Big Brother' to the 'paranoids'

sammoss, Mar 4, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

As the top of this forum states:

Ztruker, Mar 4, 2016
  5. BRKING Win User
    Not trying to be a jerk but how am I supposed to do step 1 "download" when my computer won't turn on? Sorry but I'm not a computer expert. I'm just trying to get it to get out of a loop and to turn on.

BRKING, Mar 4, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    You're not being a jerk, I just didn't read your initial post very well, sorry.

How many times have you tried to boot? Does it get into Automatic Repair?

Do you have a Windows 10 DVD or flash drive to work with? If not, download the ISO that matches what you currently have installed on another computer then burn a DVD or create an flash drive.

I use ImgBurn for DVDs and Rufus for flash drives.

We'll use this to do some additional debug and repair if needed.

Ztruker, Mar 4, 2016
  7. BRKING Win User
    My computer is a Sony so I am able to get to a blue screen that has "continue - exit and continue to Windows 10", "use a device - usb drive or network connection of Windows recovery dvd", "trouble shoot"

troubleshoot has a refresh your PC but it doesn't work. Says "the drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock and try again" (no idea how to unlock the drive). There's a "rest your pc" but that's the nuclear option. There's a recovery section and I was able to recover a backup from 3 days ago but it still is stuck in a loop. There's a automatic repair but it does nothing.

I think if I could get my computer into safe mode I could try something with the drivers or graphic cards but there's not a option for safe mode.

BRKING, Mar 4, 2016
  8. BRKING Win User

How and where do I download a ISO?

BRKING, Mar 4, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Isn't there an option for command prompt?

axe0, Mar 4, 2016
  10. BRKING Win User
    yes there is but I don't know how to do anything with it

BRKING, Mar 4, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    In command prompt you can open msconfig, in msconfig you can choose to boot into safe mode.
    Enter following command
    Code: start msconfig[/quote] In msconfig, go to the boot tab, select safe mode, click apply > ok and reboot.

12. BRKING Win User
    BRKING, Mar 4, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Yep, that is what I mean *Smile

14. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Mar 5, 2016
  15. BRKING Win User
    In msconfig, go to the boot tab, select safe mode, click apply > ok and reboot.[/quote] i typed this is and I get "the system cannot find the file msconfig"

BRKING, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer is constantly crashing and restarting - Similar Threads - Computer constantly crashing

2. Computer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly crashing.: I'll start off by saying that since I got this computer I haven't taken the best care of it. There was a period of time where my computer would overheat and crash a lot bcs I didn't know about ventilation. That's over with but it seems to have done something with my computer....
  3. Computer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer constantly crashing.: I'll start off by saying that since I got this computer I haven't taken the best care of it. There was a period of time where my computer would overheat and crash a lot bcs I didn't know about ventilation. That's over with but it seems to have done something with my computer....
  4. Computer constantly restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly restarting: Hi! Hoping someone can help as I have a windows 11 PC that will randomly restart with no consistent reason as to why. I saw some old posts regarding someone asking for a zip folder of minidump files so I've provided a link....
  5. Computer constantly restarting

Computer constantly restarting: Hi! Hoping someone can help as I have a windows 11 PC that will randomly restart with no consistent reason as to why. I saw some old posts regarding someone asking for a zip folder of minidump files so I've provided a link....
  6. Constant Computer crashes

Constant Computer crashes: So I cant find the crash dump for some reason, let me know if more info is needed, while playing certain games my computer is going into forced restarts constantly. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffffeb92b21b124,...
  7. Constant Computer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Computer crashes: So I cant find the crash dump for some reason, let me know if more info is needed, while playing certain games my computer is going into forced restarts constantly. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffffeb92b21b124,...
  8. Computer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer constantly crashing: Hello my computer has been constantly crashing at random intervals since last Tuesday. The error codes given all pointed to a driver issue or ram but I have installed new ram and clean installed windows twice. Error codes I have seen IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BUFFER STACK...
  9. Constant PC crashes and restarts

Constant PC crashes and restarts: I seem to have narrowed it down to anytime I plug in and play with any gamepad on my pc it will crash anywhere with in 5 minutes to an hour, there are 2 errors as well as an info event that pop up in the event viewer from this everytime.Info eventUMDF reflector is unable to...
  10. Computer constantly crashing

Computer constantly crashing: Why is my computer running so slow and constantly freezing or dropping out of programs. It is starting to drive me mad, I can switch from one browser to another without it taking ages to install or not responding at all. HELP!!!!!...