Windows 10: Computer isshut down and restarting. How to fix this?

Discus and support Computer isshut down and restarting. How to fix this? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Each time I turn on my computer it will boot up to the desk top but shut down shortly after and then an error appearears on the screen that a problem... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DianeWatson1, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Computer isshut down and restarting. How to fix this?

Each time I turn on my computer it will boot up to the desk top but shut down shortly after and then an error appearears on the screen that a problem with my computer is causing to shut down and restart. How to fix this?

:)

DianeWatson1, Jul 16, 2018

2. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jul 16, 2018
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Computer isshut down and restarting. How to fix this?

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Computer isshut down and restarting. How to fix this?

1. Computer isshut down and restarting. How to fix this? - Similar Threads - Computer isshut down

2. how to fix computer black screen and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix computer black screen and restarting: my friend sent me his dump files because while playing some graphics intensive games it black screens then randomly restarts. so i was hoping yall would be able to interpret it better than me. there are 5 - 4 are For analysis of this file, run !analyze...
  3. how to fix computer black screen and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix computer black screen and restarting: my friend sent me his dump files because while playing some graphics intensive games it black screens then randomly restarts. so i was hoping yall would be able to interpret it better than me. there are 5 - 4 are For analysis of this file, run !analyze...
  4. how to fix computer black screen and restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  6. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not shutting down but restart: When I click on the shutdown button my computer will only restart. It is working fine before. I got nothing about changes or install anything. I dont know what cause so I cant share anything about the problem. I hope someone who is knowledgeable can help me with this....
  7. Computer not shutting down but restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Restarting computer fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restarting computer fix: I need to restart my computer before putting in my password. This has only been happening the last 4 weeks. Is there a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarting-computer-fix/aee5bc79-bb21-4bba-ade0-42b9b485870b
  9. Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Down and Restarts at Random: Hello, I've been having an issue with my computer for the past week where it would shut down at random and restart multiple times a day. Similar to what the following person on this thread is experiencing:...
  10. Computer isshut down and restarting. How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer isshut down and restarting. How to fix this?: How to fix windows 0 from shutting down and restarting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/computer-isshut-down-and-restarting-how-to-fix/3e048949-70c5-49db-b6ad-fee091b51a96