Windows 10: Computer jumping between applications, zooming

Discus and support Computer jumping between applications, zooming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi My laptop has an intermittent problem whereby it suddenly zooms uncontrollably when no zoom has been requested, or the cursor becomes sticky, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anon1453, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Anon1453 Win User

Computer jumping between applications, zooming

Hi

My laptop has an intermittent problem whereby it suddenly zooms uncontrollably when no zoom has been requested, or the cursor becomes sticky, it jumps between browsers and zooms, and I have to turn the computer off, at which stage it is OK for a while. Occasionally I can solve it by hitting Escape several times or by shutting the lid and starting from there.

I have had this problem for some time, and previously I solved it by changing a zoom setting in Settings. However, since a recent update all that I can find in settings is Magnifier, which I have set to Off, but this has had no effect on this problem. The laptop is absolutely infuriating to use. Can anyone help me with this please?

:)

Anon1453, Mar 9, 2018

2. my lumia 920 screen keeps glitching and jumping

whenever im on the homepage, zooming in on photos, or just browsing ie, everytime i press the screen to scroll or zoom it jumps a little bit, its getting annoying, i have tried rebooting it several times, it works for a minute and then its back glitching
    and jumping again, what can i do to stop this without reseting my phone to factory settings?

NickWebster96, Mar 9, 2018
  3. ymmv---01 Win User
    Ovi Maps 3.04: Manual Scrolling in Route Preview?

Re-viewing a planned route with manual scrolling and zooming on the phone was possible in Maps 2.0 and was taken out in Maps 3.0x. In Maps 3.03 you can only zoom to the geographical center of the route (which is useless). You may jump from
    turn to turn, but you cannot scroll in the zoomed route, let alone add a route point.

So my question goes to the people who are already using Ovi Maps 3.04:

• Is it possible again to zoom/scroll in the preview of a planned route?
    • Is it possible to "edit" a planned route on the phone by adding or removing route points from the preview?

IMHO, regarding a mobile navigation application, manually scrolling, zooming and editing a planned route are exactly what make a smartphone into a smart phone.

ymmv---01, Mar 9, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

I've noticed this problem when one leaves a second finger on the touchpad while using another finger to move the mouse. This turns the action into an unintentional two-finger gesture that zooms the display. Try again, and make sure you only have one finger on the touchpad, and I submit to you that your problem may no longer occur. I could, of course, be wrong, but that's how I do this to myself on my two Lenovos all the time.
    Alternative fix: when I'm working on one of these machines at home, I often disable the touchpad and switch to an external mouse instead. That completely does away with this phenomenon.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  5. Anon1453 Win User
    Thanks very much Ed. I will try to make sure that I am not doing this and see if things are better. I tend to use the laptop in places where a mouse cannot be used, but when I can, will try using.

Anon1453, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer jumping between applications, zooming - Similar Threads - Computer jumping between

2. Audio jumps between headset and machine audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio jumps between headset and machine audio: Hi,I've lost control over my audio settings.As you can see in the enclosed video, the screen jumps and doesn't let to set it to a specific option, my preference, the headset.I tried to disable windows audio service and reboot, update drive, Nothing helped.Could you suggest a...
  3. Zoom application error 0xc000003e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoom application error 0xc000003e: The application failed to start correctly 0xc000003e. Click OK to close the application.I am getting this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-application-error-0xc000003e/f492d15e-9287-4417-91e8-23c2cd913609
  4. Zoom application error 0xc000003e

Zoom application error 0xc000003e: The application failed to start correctly 0xc000003e. Click OK to close the application.I am getting this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-application-error-0xc000003e/f492d15e-9287-4417-91e8-23c2cd913609
  5. PC jumps between wifi repeaters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC jumps between wifi repeaters: Hello,I recently bought a new laptop and I have a problem. I live in an apartment complex where the same wi-fi is extended by a lot of repeaters. For this reason, my laptop keeps jumping between different repeaters and channels. It sometimes connects to the nearest one with a...
  6. Zoom application error 0xc000003e

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom application error 0xc000003e: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000003e. Click ok to close the application. Please help i am getting this error after resetting my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-application-error-0xc000003e/423b94b6-4134-4090-bb81-9a5f5349d0c2
  7. Cannot load zoom application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot load zoom application: Zoom will not load on the app. It stays in a "connecting" mode for an extremely long period of time before timing out and saying that it failed to connect to the network. It works fine on my phone and my browser. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and my wifi...
  8. Zoom Application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zoom Application: With the remote learning, we are required to use Zoom for school; however, I am unable to download. Is there a special link to use because it is not found in the application store? Some say remove the block by going to Safe mode BUT I was told they experienced issues shortly...
  9. Zoom application with Windows 10

Zoom application with Windows 10: When using Zoom application after pressing Join With Video my screen reverts to desktop though others can see and hear me on zoom. How do I change that so I can see others on a Zoom meeting?...
  10. Multiple Desktops - Applications keep jumping between desktops on wake

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops - Applications keep jumping between desktops on wake: I keep 2 virtual desktops, one for my personal applications and the other for official work. I have multiple windows of Google Chrome on both the desktops, some excel windows, PDF files etc. Whenever my computer wakes from sleep, the entire arrangement gets messed up and...