Windows 10: Computer keeps freezing and crashing.

Discus and support Computer keeps freezing and crashing. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The computer won't stay on long enough for me to run sfc /scannow, and if I try it from a recovery disk command line, it says Windows resource... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Acurapassion, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Computer keeps freezing and crashing.

The computer won't stay on long enough for me to run sfc /scannow, and if I try it from a recovery disk command line, it says Windows resource protection failed.
    If I try to use safe mode, it freezes up there too with the same message.
    If I try to do a system restore, it fails to copy certain files and stops.
    If I try running checkdisk, it freezes at 35% and then I blue screen with BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.
    Obviously all my drivers are up to date as far as I am aware. My system specs are as follows: - Windows 10 Pro - AMD Phenom II 960T - EVGA GTX 970 - Corsair Vengeance RAM 12GB - ASUS M4A87TD Evo Motherboard
    A lot of things I've read point to driver issues, I've done a clean install of my graphics and audio drivers, but that hasn't changed anything.
    If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would be extremely grateful, feeling as though I may have to do a fresh install.
    Thank you!

:)

Acurapassion, Apr 6, 2017
  2. GadiMaier Win User

Computer keeps freezing (essentially crashing) when using Skype--have to reboot;

happened 4x today and apparently only when i am using Skype. Happened both before and after installed latest version of Skype

GadiMaier, Apr 6, 2017
  3. GadiMaier Win User
    Computer keeps freezing (essentially crashing) when using Skype--have to reboot;

I went to MS store and selected Classic Skype, but it looks exactly the same as the latest version and still registers as v7.41 in my programs--so not sure it really allowed me to download a classic version. In any event i set up my wife's computer as my "Skype
    to" and after abotu ten minutes i experienced the same 'freezing/crashing'.

GadiMaier, Apr 6, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

Computer keeps freezing and crashing.

lifetec, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Acurapassion, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Acurapassion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer keeps freezing and crashing.

1. Computer keeps freezing and crashing. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps freezing

2. Computer keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing and crashing: Lately my pc keeps malfunctioning,Sometimes it crashes and then reboots by itself, other times it prompts me with the BSOD.I performed a clean install of Windows 11, just in case, but the problem persisted.Then i found out I had a firmware update for my SSD, so I updated it,...
  3. Computer keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing and crashing: Lately my pc keeps malfunctioning,Sometimes it crashes and then reboots by itself, other times it prompts me with the BSOD.I performed a clean install of Windows 11, just in case, but the problem persisted.Then i found out I had a firmware update for my SSD, so I updated it,...
  4. my computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer keeps crashing and freezing: when im gaming on red dead redemption 2 or just watching a youtube video, i have a ryzen 5500x with a rtx 3060 with a 1tb ssd and 16gb of RAM heres the message of most bug checks when i check them on the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  5. my computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer keeps crashing and freezing: when im gaming on red dead redemption 2 or just watching a youtube video, i have a ryzen 5500x with a rtx 3060 with a 1tb ssd and 16gb of RAM heres the message of most bug checks when i check them on the event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  6. My computer keeps crashing and freezing

My computer keeps crashing and freezing: So my windows 10 keeps crashing and it says critical process died or previous system shutdown was unexpected also says dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...
  7. My computer keeps crashing and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing and freezing: So my windows 10 keeps crashing and it says critical process died or previous system shutdown was unexpected also says dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation...
  8. My computer keeps crashing/freezing

My computer keeps crashing/freezing: Not really sure why, or when, or how to re-create it. But it seems without flaw GTA 5 does it. Log Name: System Source: NetBT Date: 12/16/2020 2:01:12 AM Event ID: 4311 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  9. Computer keep crashing and freezing up

Computer keep crashing and freezing up: Hi Computer keep freezing up randomly and doing blue screens, no idea what is causing it. Window is up to date, drivers up to date, nothing on event logs that raise any flags. I upload the mini dump files to dropbox in a public site so you can help me out, I try to read...
  10. Computer keeps crashing/freezing.

Computer keeps crashing/freezing.: So I've been encountering many problems with my PC. The most important of which is that it will on occasion crash and or freeze, while doing anything. Its happened while there was nothing running, or while i'm doing stuff very intense and all in between. All my drivers are up...