Windows 10: Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

Discus and support Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Specs: CPU: Intel i7-12700KFGPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600Motherboard: MAG B660M Mortar WIFI DDR4PSU: Corsair RM850eOS: Windows 10Note: All of the parts are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ThatOneDummy, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

Specs: CPU: Intel i7-12700KFGPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600Motherboard: MAG B660M Mortar WIFI DDR4PSU: Corsair RM850eOS: Windows 10Note: All of the parts are new.I have a friend who's PC keeps consistently shutting off. When it shuts off, it doesn't show a Blue Screen of Death, but the screen turns black like it's been shut off and then reloads the User login screen. One notable clue we've noticed when it shuts off is that his motherboard lights turn yellow RAM, then red CPU, then the computer restarts itself. We've downloaded the most recent updates from Windows and none of his drivers need an up

:)

ThatOneDummy, Dec 9, 2023
  2. AndreePin Win User

Computer keeps shutting down

Hi,

For us to get a better grasp of your query, please provide the following:

• Error message that you receive
    • Basic troubleshooting steps taken
    In the meantime, I suggest that you follow the instructions provided on this
    link

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down By Itself But Not Infected Or Hacked.

Hi Ethan,

There several reasons why your computer is shutting down automatically. For us to provide you the proper troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Are you encountering an error message when your computer automatically shuts down? If so, what is the error message that you're getting?
    • Does the issue occur when you're performing a specific task on your computer or does it occur randomly?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

1. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why. - Similar Threads - Computer keeps shutting

2. Computer crashing have no idea why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing have no idea why: My pc has been crashing for a while now and I don't know why. I've seen some threads on here telling people to go to the event logs to see why the crash happened and I can see a lot of errors, warnings, and critical errors but I can't really make sense of what it says. It...
  3. Computer crashing have no idea why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing have no idea why: My pc has been crashing for a while now and I don't know why. I've seen some threads on here telling people to go to the event logs to see why the crash happened and I can see a lot of errors, warnings, and critical errors but I can't really make sense of what it says. It...
  4. Computer crashing have no idea why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.: Specs: CPU: Intel i7-12700KFGPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600Motherboard: MAG B660M Mortar WIFI DDR4PSU: Corsair RM850eOS: Windows 10Note: All of the parts are new.I have a friend who's PC keeps consistently shutting off. When it shuts off, it doesn't show a Blue Screen of Death, but...
  6. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.: Specs: CPU: Intel i7-12700KFGPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600Motherboard: MAG B660M Mortar WIFI DDR4PSU: Corsair RM850eOS: Windows 10Note: All of the parts are new.I have a friend who's PC keeps consistently shutting off. When it shuts off, it doesn't show a Blue Screen of Death, but...
  7. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  8. My computer keeps shutting off!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps shutting off!: Hello! So I wanted to see what the problem with my computer is. Windows 10 LaptopMy computer specs areIntelR CoreTM i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHzWith 12 GB of DDR3 RamSo basically, Every 30-40 Minutes my computer just shuts off. However, in the second of shutting down, a...
  9. My computer keeps shutting off!

10. Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly

Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly: Hello. I am having a problem with my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer, every few often my computer would shut off without warning (like if the power cable was pulled out). So i had gone to the windows event viewer and there was a Critical Kernel-Power 41 (63) error. Can...