Windows 10: Computer keeps trying to open random file

Discus and support Computer keeps trying to open random file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As of Friday I've been getting a random file every hour on the hour that tabs me out of games or whatever I'm doing. I recorded the popup file and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Broncos2005, May 29, 2017.

1. Computer keeps trying to open random file

As of Friday I've been getting a random file every hour on the hour that tabs me out of games or whatever I'm doing. I recorded the popup file and screenshotted the imagine any help would be greatly appreciated, praying it's not a virus.

:)

Broncos2005, May 29, 2017

2. Trojan Virus

So recently I downloaded an unstable file which was containing a "Trojan Virus" in it, my computer instantly detected the malware and quarantined it, I then proceeded to delete all of the files but there is a ("single") hidden file that keeps opening up
    random Microsoft Edge pages e.g, dating sites and what not. How can I find and terminate this file?

nicolasraimundo, May 29, 2017
  3. Viewing PDF files in Edge

I have the latest Win 10/Edge on several computers and have recently experienced random behavior of trying to open a PDF and it is trashed. I had already opened it successfully and then had closed it. When I opened it a second time (both using default
    Edge) it was trashed (all gray hash marks). This same behavior was happening on a second Win 10/Edge computer with the same file after I had forwarded the file in an attached e-mail. I am able to open the PDF file successfully using Nitro 10. It appears
    to me that Edge has some sort of random bug. It doesn'f fail every time, but it does fail and the file itself is not corrupted. I'm ready to go back to Adobe reader as a Win 10 default.

J. Austin

John Rummel, May 29, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Computer keeps trying to open random file

Welcome to TenForums @Broncos2005

If you are talking about the 'officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe', then apparently...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-461cd2c3ea13

5. Broncos2005, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer keeps trying to open random file

1. Computer keeps trying to open random file - Similar Threads - Computer keeps trying

2. Computer keeps randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps randomly crashing: Hello, my computer has been crashing randomly for a while now, I will upload the dump file with OneDrive. I've taken it to a computer repairman and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with the hardware, although he recommended upgrading the RAM which I did. Here is my...
  3. Computer keeps randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps randomly crashing: Hello, my computer has been crashing randomly for a while now, I will upload the dump file with OneDrive. I've taken it to a computer repairman and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with the hardware, although he recommended upgrading the RAM which I did. Here is my...
  4. Powershell keeps opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell keeps opening randomly.: Powershell keeps opening and closing randomly. It's super annoying when I'm trying to play a game and it tabs out of my game because of powershell. How can I stop this....
  5. Powershell keeps opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell keeps opening randomly.: Powershell keeps opening and closing randomly. It's super annoying when I'm trying to play a game and it tabs out of my game because of powershell. How can I stop this....
  6. Powershell keeps opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Help my computer keeps opening random applications!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help my computer keeps opening random applications!!!: Please please please help my computer keeps opening random applications. It was fine before I woke it from sleep mode! It keeps openings the stuff on my taskbar, clicking on my Google Chrome bookmarks, and generally being very buggy. I immediately restarted my computer,...
  8. CMD opens randomly as I try to move files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD opens randomly as I try to move files.: Is this a normal process of windows when moving files but this time is showed the application. Thank you for your help! Edit: I was moving Hearthstone to a games folder I had made. submitted by /u/AquaTCG [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer keeps restarting randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps restarting randomly.: Hi guys, My computer keeps randomly restarting, ever since I have gotten it. Event IDs are always 10016 Warning / distributedCOM 6008 Error /source event log 161 Error / source volmgr 41 critical / source kernel-power The error codes shown when restarting are always...
  10. Windows File Explorer keeps opening randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer keeps opening randomly: Hey guys, I know many of us have been having these problems in a long time, and while the typical response of making sure all your drivers are updated and that you also run an SFC /scannow to fix potential systems files, I've been having this issue over and over again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer keeps trying to open a faile